+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: A request from the community to the community: Build a new Mod Loader!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Coming Soon: TroveTools .NET by Dazo

I still have a few things to hook together for my new mod tools app. I should be releasing this sometime over the next week.
    This is excellent! I really like your lists having multiple "slots" to display everything and, assumedly, sort each thing. Along with that, it's really great that you can search by author as well. Showing some info on already installed mods along with a "last updated" section is really great. Overall I really like the look and best of luck to you!

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

http://i.imgur.com/OaDmDvN.png
    http://i.imgur.com/FD1fVNq.png
    http://i.imgur.com/feZJgit.png

I still have a few things to hook together for my new mod tools app. I should be releasing this sometime over the next week.
    That looks very nice and the menu/layout is functionally very elegant. Awesome!!

As no one has stated that they would like to create a mod loader for the Mac, I'm going to be working with DigiWolf (<-- might have a zero, sorry <3 ) on possibly creating something basic... I believe Java will be the language of choice as, from what I can tell, the executable for Java works for both windows and mac. Hopefully this will allow me to do some testing in windows then piggy back off of digiwolf's mac to test the necessary parts there...

I cannot promise anything due to my lack of programming knowledge, never using Java language before, and having a deep underlying hatred for mac (joke <3). Along with digiwolf, there are a number of community members who would like this and, while it may not be the best, I feel that the community is worth it. Plus I get to learn stuff so win-win I guess.

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

Here's the 1.0.0.1 Beta Release of TroveTools.NET for Windows PCs:

Download it from my GitHub page (click on the Trove-like icon near the top with .exe on it). The source code to this C# WPF .NET application is available here on GitHub as well.

Check out the issues page to report any bugs, view some of my planned enhancements, or suggest enhancements of your own.
    Dazo of Voxel Busters

TroveTools.NET Mod Loader
    Dazo's Trove Resource Compilation | Reddit: Wizdave
    My Refer a Friend Code: HEFP-YHKF-XECT-ERG-2JRWL (free class coin for new players under Mastery 20)

@Dazo,

Thank you, that is downright awesome! It's got everything I wanted from a Mod Loader. Can't wait to see what future you bring with it!!!
    [L30] CB 17008PR | [L30] Shadow Hunter 19016PR | [L26] Pirate Captain 17125PR

CLUB: HAIRFLIP
    CLUB: This Could Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboms View Post
    As no one has stated that they would like to create a mod loader for the Mac, I'm going to be working with DigiWolf (<-- might have a zero, sorry <3 ) on possibly creating something basic... I believe Java will be the language of choice as, from what I can tell, the executable for Java works for both windows and mac. Hopefully this will allow me to do some testing in windows then piggy back off of digiwolf's mac to test the necessary parts there...

I cannot promise anything due to my lack of programming knowledge, never using Java language before, and having a deep underlying hatred for mac (joke <3). Along with digiwolf, there are a number of community members who would like this and, while it may not be the best, I feel that the community is worth it. Plus I get to learn stuff so win-win I guess.
    Awesome news. We have always had need for a macOS Mod Loader. You are the first to actually volunteer.

Here's the 1.0.0.1 Beta Release of TroveTools.NET for Windows PCs:

Download it from my GitHub page (click on the Trove-like icon near the top with .exe on it). The source code to this C# WPF .NET application is available here on GitHub as well.

Check out the issues page to report any bugs, view some of my planned enhancements, or suggest enhancements of your own.
    Just tested, works perfectly. Well done and thank you Dazo (thank you to both of you again, glad this worked out).

@Dazo

does this include sound modding??

if so <3

Thanks Dazo and bananaboms for creating two new Mod Loaders for people to use!

Trove Mod Manager by bananaboms can be found here. [PC Mod Loader]

TroveTools.net by Dazo is available here. [PC Mod Loader]

Note: Request is now for a macOS Mod Loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Just tested, works perfectly. Well done and thank you Dazo (thank you to both of you again, glad this worked out).
    I have just created a new thread for updates and feedback about TroveTools.NET. I'm looking for feedback from modders and anyone else who uses my mod loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Spandex View Post
    @Dazo

does this include sound modding??

if so <3
    I looked into Trove sound modding briefly and it is currently a very difficult process due to the way the sounds are packaged in bank files. It requires commercial software in order to modify these files (wWise).

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Note: Request is now for a macOS Mod Loader.
    I looked into some cross platform technologies for a macOS mod loader and some of the code I wrote in .NET could be reused with a cross platform framework and Mono on macOS, but currently my mod loader is written in WPF which is not supported by Mono.

It may be possible for macOS users to get bananaboms's Trove Mod Manager to work using Mono since it supports .NET Window Forms applications. Here's the Mac Mono installation guide.
    Dazo of Voxel Busters

TroveTools.NET Mod Loader
    Dazo's Trove Resource Compilation | Reddit: Wizdave
    My Refer a Friend Code: HEFP-YHKF-XECT-ERG-2JRWL (free class coin for new players under Mastery 20)

It may be possible for macOS users to get bananaboms's Trove Mod Manager to work using Mono since it supports .NET Window Forms applications. Here's the Mac Mono installation guide.
    If anyone with a Mac can test this and report back how it went, in detail please.

+ Reply to Thread