Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: I've decided I'm done with gems.

I've decided I'm done with gems.

Spending 8 hours straight grinding in an elemental world and then finding out you made literally no progress as every single one of your level-up attempts fail is the most frustrating and soul-crushing experience I have ever had in a videogame. Which got me thinking; what am I going to do if I ever beat the rnGem game? Am I going to repeat this nightmare on every other class? What about after that? There's nothing to even look forward to except maybe competing in fastest DOTM clears.

Even worse is that it's become clear to me that none of this is an accident. It's not like Trion was like "woops" when they turned progression into this agonizing mess. They want it to hurt so that people will pay money on boosters to make the pain go away. The only mistake they felt like they made was allowing players to buy jade clovers for cubits, and boy were they quick to fix that.

So basically I am only going to play this game for building, and maybe some PvP every once in a while. The only reason I will ever enter an adventure world is to collect resources for building.

My only regret is that I had dedicated so much time into progressing my character before realizing how awful this expansion is, but it's time to rip this off like a band-aid before it gets a lot harder to do.

Lets be honest. No you're not. You may be done with caring about having good ones. Without gems you cant progress at all. TBH I have been done caring about having perfect gems for since it came out... I understood how RNG works well before Trove. Trove is just one of many game to utilize RNG as a means of progression. How ever the failure rate of upgrading gems may need to be re-evaluated. I do like the RNG on the stats. I don't want everyone to be the same strength. Other wise the game gets stagnant like it was before MOP. Every person was the same strength. I do under stand how they want things to take time to get. About that the only problem I have Is with time locking items needed for progression. If there was a way to Farm for Emp boxes instead of having to wait. Maybe make them purchasable with hearts of darkness. Add another sink for those. Or make some them a rare drop from shadow gem boxes. I don't care how It's done but I want to be able to grind for them not wait for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Without gems you cant progress at all.
    That's exactly it. I'm done progressing in this game. It's not even remotely fun and what is even the pay off in the end? Shadow Towers are dull as ever and that isn't changing any time soon.

Trion dropped the ball hard with this expansion, and unless they make some changes that don't involve nerfing drop rates even more and further increasing the cost of gem boosters I'm not even going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaidius View Post
    That's exactly it. I'm done progressing in this game. It's not even remotely fun and what is even the pay off in the end? Shadow Towers are dull as ever and that isn't changing any time soon.

Trion dropped the ball hard with this expansion, and unless they make some changes that don't involve nerfing drop rates even more and further increasing the cost of gem boosters I'm not even going to bother.

^^^ This ^^^

Same. I've been playing this game for more than a year, with respective breaks once in a while. This expansion was full of hype, but after trying it out in two days I got bored like I've never been. Not even farming radiant giants was so boring. Nowadays I'm logging daily for my CC and doing a full ST run on monday, that's all there's left for me. There was so much potential in this game, they threw it away for money.

I don't think it would sting so much if the new worlds we got didn't just appear to be rearranged versions of what has already existed. Including mobs.
    IGN: Dreamo

Admin for Trovians Facebook page! Check us out!

https://www.facebook.com/trovians

I agree man, spending hours grinding for water gems and then deconstructing them for a small amount of gem dust and then you just have a very little chance of upgrading your gem cuz it fails most of the time, trion should make the gem dust trade-able or that could be bought from the store or something..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyakure View Post
    There was so much potential in this game, they threw it away for money.
    Like, The game Might have had some pay to win stuff before, but it wasn't stupid, You could still get radiant and be the best player on the block without dropping a single dime, But now it's either you pay and surrender your wallet or you get left and barried in the dust.

Shuffling the same content/zones in order to accommodate the necessity of cash shop purchases is not content. Trion has earned every negative comment on this supposed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamo View Post
    I don't think it would sting so much if the new worlds we got didn't just appear to be rearranged versions of what has already existed. Including mobs.
    Not only that, but I'd say they were rearranged for the worst. Dungeons stick out of terrain weirdly most of the time, weird terrain transitions here and there... I wish developers would polish it more or found another way to make these worlds different other than adding a wild variety of height to the random terrain generation.
    Hey there, new Trovian. You can help me tame a nice wild dragon by using this referral link or this code - WNRHXGCT27X7M6Z3JMER - if you'd like (also, free class coin for you). MeeshaEko: Collector, Adventurer, Trovian.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast