+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Open Letter to the Devs - Take this Seriously

Open Letter to the Devs - Take this Seriously

It is obvious that Trove has become too greedy in its shop changes and terrible in its implemented game design.

This is surprisingly not the biggest problem with Trove right now.

Ever since Live, you can see the gap of meaningful content production correlates to your player numbers dropping. Meaningful content defined as adventure world updates (combat, quests and dungeons), crafting, and building.

MONEY
    I also fear that any game that you can spend hundreds on isn't enough to get everything. While somehow the devs claim that there isn't any incentive to develop and update a system unless a price tag is directly on that feature.

But Trove does have incentive to update content and classes. That's what everything else in the cash shop was for. The devs clearly don't understand that though.

CLASS COST CHANGE
    Classes didn't need to be pay for only. There was plenty in the store and $20 packs people were buying including myself to keep the game going strong. And those packs are filled with items players made giving devs the free time to make content. The devs didn't even hold up their end.

FORCED GAME PLAY
    Another problem is that Mantle of Power essentially divides the community. Not because of power or even RNG, but because of Shadow Tower itself. We thought Shadow Tower was going to do that before until the community found out how to avoid it entirely since it had nothing to do with the adventure world. But MoP was designed to force it to be an integral part of the game to advance. Its promises of adding more abilities and content is just a cosmetic paint job for both with no real substance.

We waited a year for the same worlds only with gaps in between dungeons and a gear RNG that makes no sense but to put lucky/rich players in a different league from everyone else.

SAYING ONE THING, DOING THE OPPOSITE
    This leads to the biggest problems which is the devs' two-faced policy. That may be a cruel thing to say but it is an honest criticism that the devs must face. "We don't want too much RNG into the game." Gems. "We want to feel like players are progressing." Nerf then add new stuff to farm to regain that lost power. Actions entirely money driven. Ever since the game went live the team has done an about-face to meaningful content production.

It has stopped growing and instead added money dependent systems without doing anything substantial as thanks. Remember the content added thanks to dragon caches in the shop? What about making classes credit only? MoP is a result of that, asking you to spend more money not for cosmetics but for numbers that mean nothing.

They didn't lose money because of these decisions, but because of the lack of decisions to advance adventure world and building content. The things this game was founded on.

LEFTOVER POPULATION DEPENDENCY
    You are losing players from such greedy decisions in every system you add to Trove. To think where we would be if the number of players that Live and Steam added to the game stayed. This would have come to be if the dev team kept their Alpha and Beta momentum and kept advancing the content rather than pack in cash grab only systems. You would have had a large enough population to keep your pockets full while providing more content that is fun to play and not grind intensive. Including new classes and more abilities to former ones.

RETURN TO A FORM OF RESPECT
    Despite that gap that dropped your population to a petty fraction, you still have a chance to return to the team that your were in Beta. You have enough money systems to make this game last a lifetime, so cut out the gem RNG and stick back to making money on the $20 packs and cosmetics (that players are making for you) and focus on actual content from here on out. Content development that people were brought into the game for in the first place.

TL ; DR
    Think about how big Trove was in its first Live month and why. Its because of everything up to that point and none of anything that followed. Make your players happy as a priority, because that was how you were making your money.

And kill extreme RNG.
    I quit this game.

+1.
    Go back to what you're used to, Trove. The 'you' right now is just undergoing a 'phase' of money-crazy where everything turns into figures and numbers, every game has that phase, some outgrew that phase but many other perished while still there. We as players didn't want that. We still want, as you put it, 'own a piece of Trove wherever you go or whatever the Game become'.

A little rant here and there:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/comme...own_goals_and/

I agree with this thread.

I see the trend too, hope it stops soon

Wonderfully written. Unfortunaly this forum doesn't seem to have a +1-function.

It's obvious that trove is getting greedy and that the new additions and how they are implemented show a big lack of respect by the devs towards the playerbase. This might have worked in 2004 but now there are a lot of alternative games.

Trion, we are your playerbase, not some random people you can rip off and go away after.

+1 Completely Agree

I quit Trove when Dragon Caches came in, but my friends kept informing me of the updates one by one, as more and more RNG and Cash-Grabbing kept happening and yet STILL NO CONTENT was being introduced to warrant any further grind systems. I am only really here to enjoy new, fresh content.

When this dev team stop cash-grabbing so greedily and go back to Content building, THEN i will return to the game.
    You really need to make Characters Earn-To-Unlock rather than 'Pay-To-Unlock' again. If im not having fun....im not going to play.

When i was having fun and enjoying your content, I WAS GIVING YOU MONEY. When you start putting in grind systems and paywalls to unlock characters etc...IM NOT GIVING YOU ANYTHING. You havent earned my money.

I shouldn't need to even THINK about botting 20 accounts to beat the rediculous RNG rarity of things or spend 1000's of dollars just to get that little extra strength on my characters (pay/bot to be better -_-). But unfortunately the RNG and grind is so steep, it's my opinion that its impossible as a single person to get what i want even if i play for 14 hours every day, i still wont be able to get that thing im after.

I dont bot, but iv literally seen people on the net and sometimes ingame who quite literally have a huuuge army of accounts botted up to try and gain what they want. And even THEY cant beat the RNG.

Its just a whole mess...go back, it's not too late...but in the not-too-near future...it will be too late. You have to change Devs...and you have to change now.

Stop deepening the RNG, you're literally making the game impossible to play for the majority of your playerbase. Nobody can get what they want out of your game, and even if they did...there's no content to use it on.

Proud founder, leader and architect of: "Heaven Unchained"!
    Mastery: 300+
    IGN: Tyreuzs

/joinworld 2051895800902564143

yes, nerfing things such as Surestrike....bad move Trion.

Literally, 100% crit damage is what we need to have a hope against Ultra St's. My dracolyte was PR 2100 before the update. Now I cant solo DOTM NORMAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Aihren View Post
    yes, nerfing things such as Surestrike....bad move Trion.

Literally, 100% crit damage is what we need to have a hope against Ultra St's. My dracolyte was PR 2100 before the update. Now I cant solo DOTM NORMAL.
    To be fair, giving players multiple sources of almost free double damage is an absurd power boost. SS really did need a nerf in some form. However, I agree with everything else in this thread. I'm really disappointed with the direction that Trove has been going for the past several months. I hope things change for the better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloc Freidon View Post
    It is obvious that Trove has become too greedy in its shop changes and terrible in its implemented game design.

This is surprisingly not the biggest problem with Trove right now.

Ever since Live, you can see the gap of meaningful content production correlates to your player numbers dropping. Meaningful content defined as adventure world updates (combat, quests and dungeons), crafting, and building.

MONEY
    I also fear that any game that you can spend hundreds on isn't enough to get everything. While somehow the devs claim that there isn't any incentive to develop and update a system unless a price tag is directly on that feature.

But Trove does have incentive to update content and classes. That's what everything else in the cash shop was for. The devs clearly don't understand that though.

CLASS COST CHANGE
    Classes didn't need to be pay for only. There was plenty in the store and $20 packs people were buying including myself to keep the game going strong. And those packs are filled with items players made giving devs the free time to make content. The devs didn't even hold up their end.

FORCED GAME PLAY
    Another problem is that Mantle of Power essentially divides the community. Not because of power or even RNG, but because of Shadow Tower itself. We thought Shadow Tower was going to do that before until the community found out how to avoid it entirely since it had nothing to do with the adventure world. But MoP was designed to force it to be an integral part of the game to advance. Its promises of adding more abilities and content is just a cosmetic paint job for both with no real substance.

We waited a year for the same worlds only with gaps in between dungeons and a gear RNG that makes no sense but to put lucky/rich players in a different league from everyone else.

SAYING ONE THING, DOING THE OPPOSITE
    This leads to the biggest problems which is the devs' two-faced policy. That may be a cruel thing to say but it is an honest criticism that the devs must face. "We don't want too much RNG into the game." Gems. "We want to feel like players are progressing." Nerf then add new stuff to farm to regain that lost power. Actions entirely money driven. Ever since the game went live the team has done an about-face to meaningful content production.

It has stopped growing and instead added money dependent systems without doing anything substantial as thanks. Remember the content added thanks to dragon caches in the shop? What about making classes credit only? MoP is a result of that, asking you to spend more money not for cosmetics but for numbers that mean nothing.

They didn't lose money because of these decisions, but because of the lack of decisions to advance adventure world and building content. The things this game was founded on.

LEFTOVER POPULATION DEPENDENCY
    You are losing players from such greedy decisions in every system you add to Trove. To think where we would be if the number of players that Live and Steam added to the game stayed. This would have come to be if the dev team kept their Alpha and Beta momentum and kept advancing the content rather than pack in cash grab only systems. You would have had a large enough population to keep your pockets full while providing more content that is fun to play and not grind intensive. Including new classes and more abilities to former ones.

RETURN TO A FORM OF RESPECT
    Despite that gap that dropped your population to a petty fraction, you still have a chance to return to the team that your were in Beta. You have enough money systems to make this game last a lifetime, so cut out the gem RNG and stick back to making money on the $20 packs and cosmetics (that players are making for you) and focus on actual content from here on out. Content development that people were brought into the game for in the first place.

TL ; DR
    Think about how big Trove was in its first Live month and why. Its because of everything up to that point and none of anything that followed. Make your players happy as a priority, because that was how you were making your money.

And kill extreme RNG.
    Everything was like propaganda to keep us playing trove, didn't you notice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds View Post
    In the future™ Soon™

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast