+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever feel Trove has lesser and lesser player? Here are some facts.

Did you ever feel Trove has lesser and lesser player? Here are some facts.

Thanks to the leaderboard, and the name wiping, we can have a clearer look at what's currently happening.

Amount of player: 572,815
    As of this post (2016/4/13 13:00 +800) This number is actually lesser than what I'd expect. I thought when steam launched, we had millions, but nope, not anymore.

Rank at mastery level 14: 231,482
    Since I can't get anyone lower than mastery rank 14, and I'm too lazy to make a new character just for that, but we can pretty much guess players with mastery rank 10 is somewhat around half of the total player.

Why are you looking at players at mastery 10?
    Since that's the minimum mastery before you are able to do anything (namely trade and wings), so it's a good rank to use it as an "active player" who plays the game.

So ... 250k players, that's not bad, is it?
    No, it's not that bad, however, if only was I bright enough to record the values before the name clears, then I can have a solid proof of active player base going down hill, at least 2 folds.

So ... what is the point of making this post?
    Hopefully the trion team can really treasure the remaining players that has long supported this game, or else they won't have anything to depend on anymore.

Props: 3800+ | Active Members: 100+ daily

Steam.
    Doesn't include Glyph, but gives a nice trend that should apply similarly to each launching platform.

I also approve of not having random gems with random attributes and random attribute distribution curves when the gem is randomly allowed to upgrade.

Hey Willy, its Shad. I already quit playing because of how poor this new content is going to be. Maybe I'll be back if things improve, maybe not. Have fun either way. :P

Well, after realizing the amount of grind and time and possibly money needed to become as good in Stellar/ u7-9/ Ultra ST as I currently am in Radiant/u6/Hard ST, I'm probably gonna be quitting trove too, haha xD. A few of my friends have already left after experiencing the horror in PTS. And introduce friends to trove? Not a chance. They don't want that kind of grind. If I even attempted it, it would be alone. From the sheer intimidation alone, friends wouldn't touch it. (friends from outside of trove)

Trove never felt pay2win until I saw MOP. So, unless that ever changes, I sense inevitable departure from trove ;p.

Yes, it is possible to ruin a game with too much grind. And for the alternatives to grind, I'm certainly not going to pay for a game that's so grindy that my outside friends would never even join me in it.
    Please make challenges more rewarding and less stressful! - Currently they're barely rewarding and highly stressful.

Yes, I have noticed less people in my club, in adventure worlds, and the hub.

I can't say that I'm excited for MoP at all.

For an expansion, I was hoping for new biomes, new professions (or at leased raised tiers), some storyline/lore related content, and maybe some significant improvements all around, but it seems to literally be more of what we already have with things slightly shuffled around, rng, and more grinding without purpose. To defeat the same cursed skull mobs and monsters with just a little more hp added to make u7 and higher.

Call me negative if you want, but I don't expect to see MoP bringing many new people in unless there was some sort of massive advertising campaign.

It's really a shame that such a nice game with so much untapped potential has become so stagnant so soon. It hasn't even been a full year since official release!

Oh well, what can you do?

Banned
    I guess the real purpose of the MoP was to clean out all the players. Now the devs finally have all the time they want to make a game they want to play. Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonDeity View Post
    Judging from Steam alone, there has been a pretty steady decline from launch without any sort of significant upswings of players and it tanked downward even further around mid-January/early February.

I don't think it's a stretch or a mystery to assume it's the same for Glyph users.

Yes, I have noticed less people in my club, in adventure worlds, and the hub.

If it wasn't for challenges, I probably wouldn't know there was anyone left. lol

I can't say that I'm excited for MoP at all.

For an expansion, I was hoping for new biomes, new professions (or at leased raised tiers), some storyline/lore related content, and maybe some significant improvements all around, but it seems to literally be more of what we already have with things slightly shuffled around, rng, and more grinding without purpose. To defeat the same cursed skull mobs and monsters with just a little more hp added to make u7 and higher.

Call me negative if you want, but I don't expect to see MoP bringing many new people in unless there was some sort of massive advertising campaign.

I fear the worst for Trove and I'm only sticking around out of habit/with a very basic desire to continue with challenges at least.

It's really a shame that such a nice game with so much untapped potential has become so stagnant so soon. It hasn't even been a full year since official release!

Oh well, what can you do?
    Got to agree.

As much as I've been critical in the past of the developer's choices, it has been out of a passion for the game, just wanting it to thrive and improve. Since the New Year, everything I loved in Trove has been slowly eroding away to the point now that if it wasn't for the club and friends I've made, I could just walk away and not feel any sense of loss. That in its self is unusual for me, I get attached to MMOs and after spending so much time, effort and money in Trove it's upsetting to see what is happening to the game.

It has become more and more difficult to recruit players, get people involved in activities and group stuff and generally seeing less online. For months we've always had 20+ online... Last week or two we've struggled to hit more than 10 for long periods of the day. And that's with 200 members who have logged in within last 3 weeks.

I'm not sure yet what I will do, I guess I'll see what happens with MoP, try out the content and won't make a big "I'm quitting" statement, but definitely feeling myself pull away from the game.

Yeah, don't wanna grind too long, even for flux..takes ages, i'll just play league from now on :/

Well are they actually adding something "new" to do? I feel like it's gonna just be that I walk into U7 and just do the same exact things I did in U6 but with stronger damage sponges~ as with other portals.

WT93TD3FZ7JCR7P2NFX2 Referral Code for cute lowbiez that want free Class Coin.

Banned
    Been trying out Nuclear Throne lately, it's pretty rad.
    As far as Trove goes I don't actually play it anymore, I just post here for the hell of it. More or less at this point i'm waiting for private servers to start appearing so I can maybe dev for one and see exactly what's under the hood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast