Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the best class currently?

What is the best class currently?

Hi! I joined Trove probably about a week or 2 ago and I picked Gun Slinger since I really like guns plus he looked cool! Recently I've noticed that I'm starting to fall off, getting weaker if you wish. Now I'm guessing this is something wrong with his kit. I just don't feel like he does enough damage and it seems that not a lot of people like him either. It doesn't seem like he stands a chance versus other characters in terms of damage output and abilities. Am I wrong? If so, how could I potentially fix Gun Slinger? If I am some-what right then...

What is the best class as of right now? It would be much appreciated if someone told me which class is the best and why? Why does that class stand out from the others? I much prefer dealing damage than being a tank by the way!
    I know everyone's answer will be different. I just want to see some detail of how each class stands out. That'll help me decide who to use my Class Coin on.

Thank you for reading through!

For all intents and purposes... if you have the resources...

Revenant is No.1.

Anything can be the best class except the gunslinger.

Lunar Lancer and Boomeranger are the best...
    Revenant is a good tank but not even the best tank.
    If you really really want to play a ranged class I'd play Chloromancer or Fae Trickster

Pirate captain is also a pretty decent class, and he also uses a gun
    He might be worth looking at for you
    Mastery Points: 68,503

Battle Level 50

Classes Lvl 30: 15/15

Stellar Drops: 198 --- Radiant Drops: 226 (6 of those pre-MoP)

RAF: 17/30 --- Refer-a-Friend-Code: MTCYHGTRW2R2TPWTJ6L3

tomb raiser is a very over looked class. He is tanky as anything with his 1 ability and life steal, plus does considerable damage.

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Lunar Lancer and Boomeranger are the best...
    Revenant is a good tank but not even the best tank.
    If you really really want to play a ranged class I'd play Chloromancer or Fae Trickster
    So what you're saying is, Lunar Lancer and Boomeranger are the best melee classes, Fae and Cloromancer are good ranged classesm and Revenant is okay? Could you please go into a bit more detail as to why you think so? I've heard the Lunar Lancer is currently the best, but I haven't seen any solid facts as to why that is.

Tomb raiser if you know how to play it, fae and lunar are good no-brain dps classes, as is revenant a tank one, but all 3 can have a hard time soloing hard mode shadow towers, tomb raiser does not.

Quote Originally Posted by YoussofHD View Post
    So what you're saying is, Lunar Lancer and Boomeranger are the best melee classes, Fae and Cloromancer are good ranged classesm and Revenant is okay? Could you please go into a bit more detail as to why you think so? I've heard the Lunar Lancer is currently the best, but I haven't seen any solid facts as to why that is.
    IMO Lunar lancer is on top in the melee classes, if you have the right equipment and stats, he's a glass canon you could say, one of the highest dps in melee (using his #1) but with the lack of health. LL is overall a great class right now and i would consider it the best when you're talking DPS. Using his number 1 you also stun all the enemies that get hit which helps in surviving. If i had to choose what to bring to go rush dungeons it would be LL, quick and easy to kill.

Revenant is a good tank, im not so sure if i agree with him not being the best... But i feel he's the best tank in the melee classes (if you have prowling shadow for lifesteal) He doesn't deal the most damage but taking in consideration his skills and health that wont be an issue if you have the right stuff. If you're not aware, all of his skills drain health instead of energy, rev has no energy pool. The best way that i found to use rev was to just spam his number 1, it deals way more damage than just poking the enemy with your spear, downside it drains health, but if you have prowling shadow, you'll be making health back. Also revs number 1 gets damage based off your total health, the more health you have, the more damage you do.

Quote Originally Posted by emidyl View Post
    IMO Lunar lancer is on top in the melee classes, if you have the right equipment and stats, he's a glass canon you could say, one of the highest dps in melee (using his #1) but with the lack of health. LL is overall a great class right now and i would consider it the best when you're talking DPS. Using his number 1 you also stun all the enemies that get hit which helps in surviving. If i had to choose what to bring to go rush dungeons it would be LL, quick and easy to kill.

Revenant is a good tank, im not so sure if i agree with him not being the best... But i feel he's the best tank in the melee classes (if you have prowling shadow for lifesteal) He doesn't deal the most damage but taking in consideration his skills and health that wont be an issue if you have the right stuff. If you're not aware, all of his skills drain health instead of energy, rev has no energy pool. The best way that i found to use rev was to just spam his number 1, it deals way more damage than just poking the enemy with your spear, downside it drains health, but if you have prowling shadow, you'll be making health back. Also revs number 1 gets damage based off your total health, the more health you have, the more damage you do.
    I see. You say that the Lunar Lancer would be a really good choice if I had the right equipment and stats. What would I need to stack in order to be a pretty good Lunar Lancer? Attack speed and Physical Damage I would assume, correct me if I'm wrong of course. I don't think health will be an issue since I play with 2 of my good friend, one of them acts as the tank and so it's a lot easier to get through the game. Do you think Lunar Lancer is better off in a group? Or Solo? Provided I have the right gear, would I be able to Solo those shadow dungeons (the ones that cost keys)? And how come you prefer the Lunar Lancer over Boomeranger?

As for the Revenant, Is he pretty much just a straight up tank? I'm not really a fan of being a tank. I love being mobile and dealing lots of damage. What would be a good character to go alongside Revenant? Would the Lunar Lancer work? My friend who plays the tank role, recently unlocked Revenant, that is why I'm asking. Also, Which character would clear dungeons and enemies faster? The Revenant or The Lunar Lancer? I just hope they don't fall off flat like my Gun Slinger. I would love to play into late game.

Also what are your thoughts on Tomb Raiser? You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the game.

Sorry for the amount of questions! I'm fairly new to the game and trying to learn new things.

Closed Thread