+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: WARNING! don't buy Extra Life 2015 pack today if you want to donate!

WARNING! don't buy Extra Life 2015 pack today if you want to donate!

A warning to people that actually care about donating. Wait till tomorrow to buy the pack if you want half of your money to be donated.

"Trion Worlds, Inc. will donate 50% from the sale of each new Trove Extra Life Pack (up to a maximum amount of US$20,000) to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Donations will be made for all eligible packs sold worldwide (excluding South Carolina, Alabama, Illinois, and Massachusetts) between 12:00 AM PDT, April 6, 2016 through 11:59 pm PDT, April 30, 2016. This contribution is not tax deductible. Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization located at 205 West 700 South, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101."

I haven't spent money on Trove in over a year because I disagree with many of the changes that have occurred within the game. I still stick around because the game is still fun and has a ton of potential and I was thinking about purchasing this pack when i heard about it. Then after reading this I have changed my mind and will continue to keep my money. I really hope this is just a typo and any money spent today is still donated as most people will probably purchase the pack on the first day of release.

nice catch, i hope that is just a typo and not a loophole to keep most of the cash, but i wouldnt be suprised

i don't fully understand. is it just saying that 50% of the proceeds will go to Extra Life between [12:00 AM PDT, April 6, 2016] through [11:59 pm PDT, April 30, 2016]?

are you saying to NOT purchase the pack until April 6?
    IGN: HesComing | Mastery: 300+
    My Referral Code: KXQX6DDDMGZ2LDCXEGCP

^ Click my Referral Code for a guide on how to get a free Class Coin! ^
    I'm also selling some stuff

bump.
    Also can we get a answer from Trion about this?

Yes a responce from Trion will be nice. Thankfully unlike most i waited instead of buying it right away and if this turns out to be true i am really glad i did so.

Who cares about chairty. its a good pack either way.

#OnlyOneWhoLikesPVP
    1138 pvp heads and counting.
    do "/joinworld DrNinja PvP Arenas" to see the collection (and a pvp map in the making)

I'm more annoyed that there's a cap on how much they're willing to donate. It's set so low too. Shame on them.

8.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Developers
    I'll look in to why the date is wrong and we'll be updating it there. Half of the proceeds are going to Extra Life either way, no loopholes or trickery.

Also, with regards to the cap - I posted in another thread but that's a relatively arbitrary number that we don't/didn't expect to hit that we needed for legal reasons. If we get close to it before the event is over we'll update it.

9.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #9
    Developers
    Hey there!

Totally just an oversight on the dates, and I've since corrected the blog article to reflect that. (It may take a few minutes for the caching to update!)

Just to be clear: any Extra Life pack that's been purchased today will absolutely count towards the donations.

Thanks for raising the flag so that we could get the wording taken care of!

Morgana

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    I'll look in to why the date is wrong and we'll be updating it there. Half of the proceeds are going to Extra Life either way, no loopholes or trickery.

Also, with regards to the cap - I posted in another thread but that's a relatively arbitrary number that we don't/didn't expect to hit that we needed for legal reasons. If we get close to it before the event is over we'll update it.
    Avarem can you take a look into my PvP map by my club named " Denial of service". I didn't get credited or anything.
    D-O-S Recruiting Thread: http://bit.ly/1K4hUGO
    D-O-S Jr Academy Recruiting Thread: http://bit.ly/1ZhK9xS
    IGN: BlueSparrow
    Join my Guild(s) too earn tons of free stuff, and have lots of fun.
    Referral (Earn a Free Class Coin): TL9ZXZ37Z3Q23GTX32NG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast