+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Triceratops Mount

Triceratops Mount

Triceratops Mount

Open the Door, Get on the Floor, Everybody walk the DINOSAUR

Here's a Triceratops Mount! I've been working on it for the past few days. I saw Sushi's Pterodactyl mounts and I was like, yeah, Dinosaurs!!! I want to make a Dinosaur!

I want to make more variations in the future, but for now this is what I've got!

Head movement is a little bit weird when moving, I did my best to try and fix it!

Downloads:

Infineon Charger (bull) replacement (Recommended):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj3w805qu5...NBULL.zip?dl=0

Revenant Warhorse Replacement:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzyqa467zv...HORSE.zip?dl=0

Radiant Warhorse Replacement (Not Recommended):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xyrfapb0h...HORSE.zip?dl=0
    My Refer-A-Friend code: RFCM-KRED-2EZT-WHML-6YYD
    Recent Mods:

Oo that's really cool! Nice idea and seems to fit very well with the rumored upcoming class! Not sure if I'm a fan of that front horn though, feel like it would look nicer without

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

This is really awesome and an unique use of the steed rig! I love it.

My only concern is that it looks like it's kissing the floor everytime it runs. In addition that front horn is a little bit too spiky and stands out a bit too much.

Amazing job! The VFX is amazing with this mod too *-*
    Guy who just likes to trade and make people happy
    YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/hotshotchicago
    Want to contact me?

Steam link : http://steamcommunity.com/id/HotShotChicago
    Trove IGN : HotShotChicago

That is one scary looking dino. I like. You got any other dino ideas?

Really cool mount, nice job as always!

IGN : Mew
    Below Mastery rank 20? Enter my refer-a-friend code (FKGEY72XLX6MG63JXZW7) here and once you reach Mastery rank 20 you'll be rewarded a class coin, you may also contact me if you've reached or are super close to Mastery rank 20 for some free goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Aviarei View Post

Triceratops Mount

Open the Door, Get on the Floor, Everybody walk the DINOSAUR

Here's a Triceratops Mount! I've been working on it for the past few days. I saw Sushi's Pterodactyl mounts and I was like, yeah, Dinosaurs!!! I want to make a Dinosaur!

I want to make more variations in the future, but for now this is what I've got!

Head movement is a little bit weird when moving, I did my best to try and fix it!

Downloads:

Infineon Charger (bull) replacement (Recommended):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj3w805qu5...NBULL.zip?dl=0

Revenant Warhorse Replacement:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzyqa467zv...HORSE.zip?dl=0

Radiant Warhorse Replacement (Not Recommended):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xyrfapb0h...HORSE.zip?dl=0

Seriously, nice design and the colours *w*
    And the best part? I have the infineon charger awww yeah buddy!
    Time to download
    Click me to see a cool mod --><-- Click me to see a cool mod
    Want a free class coin? Then click me! Wanna chat with me? Just click here! :3

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKayM View Post
    This is really awesome and an unique use of the steed rig! I love it.

My only concern is that it looks like it's kissing the floor everytime it runs. In addition that front horn is a little bit too spiky and stands out a bit too much.
    Yeah; I tried for hours to try and keep the head from clipping through the floor while trying to keep the length of his head from the body still reasonable. I kept moving the head to each neck piece and fiddling with the attachment point, this version of it was the best success I had from keeping his face from just going through the ground. XD The combination of me moving both his head and body down as Triceratops are kind of shorter and stockier than the current bulls/warhorses are is probably a contributing factor. I didn't want him to be super tall either cause that would have just looked odd.

I don't want to attempt to shorten his face too much cause Triceratops (in pictures anyways) have pretty long faces.

By horn on the front, do you mean his two head horns or his nose horn? I can shave those down pretty easily, I just wanted them to look sharp and not like something that had been filed down or chopped off. If you mean the nose horn, that's an easy fix but it'd be kind of odd for him to not have it as that horn's part of the reason he's called "Triceratops" I think?

Working around all the limitations of this rig (turning something that was created to stand high off the ground into something that stands and moves much closer to the ground) was a real challenge haha!
    My Refer-A-Friend code: RFCM-KRED-2EZT-WHML-6YYD
    Recent Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Aviarei View Post
    Yeah; I tried for hours to try and keep the head from clipping through the floor while trying to keep the length of his head from the body still reasonable. I kept moving the head to each neck piece and fiddling with the attachment point, this version of it was the best success I had from keeping his face from just going through the ground. XD The combination of me moving both his head and body down as Triceratops are kind of shorter and stockier than the current bulls/warhorses are is probably a contributing factor. I didn't want him to be super tall either cause that would have just looked odd.

I don't want to attempt to shorten his face too much cause Triceratops (in pictures anyways) have pretty long faces.

By horn on the front, do you mean his two head horns or his nose horn? I can shave those down pretty easily, I just wanted them to look sharp and not like something that had been filed down or chopped off. If you mean the nose horn, that's an easy fix but it'd be kind of odd for him to not have it as that horn's part of the reason he's called "Triceratops" I think?

Working around all the limitations of this rig (turning something that was created to stand high off the ground into something that stands and moves much closer to the ground) was a real challenge haha!
    Working through what you did and coming to a somewhat decent mod is astounding Avi, as said in a previous post, you are my favorite modder and it's amazing to see what you overcame to come up with this. Great job

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

Senior Member MajesticButterfly's Avatar
    Awesome job!

Don't really play Trove anymore...
    so yeh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast