Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Purpose

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    Let's be honest here, any people who main PTS are doing it because they can get free costumes and mounts from the store, rather than having to work or pay for them on live servers. This means that the purpose of PTS is lost due to no one actually caring about new updates, and instead just using their sweet dragon that they only have on PTS. There are some people who go onto PTS and discover bugs, or test new updates, and to those people I say well done! But for the people that main PTS just so they can get free stuff, that's the reason PTS needs to be wiped.

Think of all the times a new update rolls out on live and people notice a ton of bugs with it. It happens all too often, to be honest. And that's because the updates haven't been tested properly in PTS! If PTS was wiped, and less items given for free, then the only purpose of PTS would be to test bugs, and not to look good. In my opinion, the entry requirement for PTS should also be raised, to at least 100 mastery or something similar. Since it's just having any character at level 20, it can be very easy for a new-ish player to enter PTS without knowing the reason for it.

tl;dr: The purpose of PTS has been lost because people just want the free stuff on the market to look good. If PTS was wiped, and less items made free, then people would have no reason to go on PTS but to test bugs, making PTS and live servers cleaner, and more improved.
    sorry to break this 2 you buddy, but a large amount of the PTS Mainers don't main PTS because of that, they do it because PTS has a better community

Most I see is trading and a groups of people chatting. It is just like a club chat, and trade chat. When the is nobody hanging around, it is a complete trade chat.

You and your friends and migrate to live server, make a club and grind together. Live server is actually easier then PTS.

Also don't say that live server community is bad. Live Mainers is far a lot compared to PTS Mainers, that is why global chat is flooded with newbies asking for stuff, as the result many of us don't even join the global chat because it is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroOfPeace View Post
    Most I see is trading and a groups of people chatting. It is just like a club chat, and trade chat. When the is nobody hanging around, it is a complete trade chat.

You and your friends and migrate to live server, make a club and grind together. Live server is actually easier then PTS.

Also don't say that live server community is bad. Live Mainers is far a lot compared to PTS Mainers, that is why global chat is flooded with newbies asking for stuff, as the result many of us don't even join the global chat because it is cancer.
    current PTS community is rather meh at the moment, however during it's prime it was definitely better than Live. I originally played on Live with 6 of my friends, we all grinded together, but they all grew out of the game, while I did not. I was longing for a sense of community so when i went over to PTS to test the lunar lancer during it's testing stages I discovered that i felt more at home over at PTS. I know a lot of other people felt the same way, but just like Live we have grown out of Trove as a whole. Trove will always be one of my favorite games, from the thousand hours I've spent grinding to the hundreds of hours talking, making pixel art, and making my club grow to it's prime when it had around 680 members. Also chatting and trading is what makes communities grow, trade centers is where massive cities grew, which in turn made communities. Small talk is how people connect, how they get to know each other, how they can really fit into a game's community. Sorry for the long post, but i felt like it needed to be said :P

I've been playing live since October last year, and after a few months I stumbled over PTS right after the update that prevented you from buying Patron etc.

Since PTS was too much of a struggle, it was harder to buy things from the store than Live because of the restrictions, I never really got into it.

Now I got some questions, since I still see myself as totally lost in PTS, but are their any actual way to get boosted to a higher Mastery, make faster flux or get patron? I'd really like to play on PTS and be a bigger part of the Trove community, but since it's harder to grind in PTS than Live I have to prioritize my weekly chores on Live. Could appreciate if someone could link/write me a list of the differences/similarities between Live and PTS.

Sorry for being a need prick, but hope you guys still could help me out!