Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some friendly notes for Trove Streamers and Videographers!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKayM View Post
    So...Now you publicly shame him? Good job, Trion.

You ban and report people for naming and shaming and then you do it yourselves?
    I must admit I face palmed myself when Avarem did this. Now I adore Avarem, he's a great guy and I get this is a hard and frustrating situation for everyone involved. But Public shaming is not very professional. I could think of several different ways those questions could of been answered without shaming someone.
    Mariah Greer

Banned
    Okay i'm gonna go on record here and say I probably jumped the gun a bit. I have a habit of being over-emotional and justice-seeking, so I saw "someone being harassed" and nothing being done about it and threw my lot in perhaps sooner than I should have without everything being on the table. Feel like I acted like a bit of a tool honestly, my judgement has never been perfect. That said I believed the calls of favoritism rather quickly due to seeing the same names over and over in game - don't get me wrong, Screamheart, LippyLapras and others create some real nice content; but others need to be given a chance too. I tend to see the same names pop up over and over when ti comes time to get community creations in, which is why I leaned towards believing it so quickly.

One thing really needs clearing up though before I would consider the matter fully settled.

If SOMEONE genuinely did perform an attack of some kind on THAT OTHER GUY, s/he needs to publicly confess to doing so. I'm not calling for punishment or any of the like, but it must be put on record that this was something that occurred and that it won't happen again. Even if SOMEONE felt justified in doing so due to their opinions on THAT OTHER GUY, it's still not something that should be happening at all. If we're pulling bad apples out of the barrel, we may as well ensure that no otherwise good apples turn bad in the process.

There's nothing worse than a company lying to their community by publicly slandering the one person willing to stand up and speak out, really disappointed that you're spewing lies about me making threats to go public, insulting staff, making accusations (which were all proven and therefore not accusations), and making demands, I even explained countless times in my emails that I do not want to take this situation public, that I just wanted to be treated equally and for breaches of the Terms of Service to be taken seriously. We even made an ally ourselves for our community to use as a mod seeing as you refused to admit that you only visited my channel 1 whole month after the planning process which I even presented evidence to you of. One of your own staff members suggested pondered the idea of letting us put in an ally if we made it ourselves, I have evidence of this.

Never was a single threat made, I didn't even create the petition myself nor did I ever threaten to make a petition if you re-read my emails, I was clearly trying to make you all aware of what the vast majority of your community wanted to say to you, by being a medium for which they speak you have martyred me as an example to all that you will bully and take down anyone, regardless of all that they have done for your company.

6 of you failed to act with solid evidence and valuable contacts at Twitch, including your CEO who quite frankly called me "ape****", "insane" and "aggro" yet you have the nerve to call me unprofessional, disgusting behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Guys, we do not punish people for filing complaints. The only exception would be if someone filed so many, so often, and so unfounded that they'd be considered harrassment. That's a completely different kettle of fish. =)

We do not generally broadcast specific actions we have taken after an investigation, and we prefer not to name names.
    Why? Because the discussion is between Trion and the person in question, and because the person in question may well be invited back one day. Just because you don't see anything posted publicly does not mean we haven't handled it. We have.

We'll only make an exception if a person persists in muddying the waters and posting complaints against us publicly, as Legendary has done this week. We have nothing to hide here,
    I have therefore been asked to respond in more detail than we generally provide.

Legendary was removed from the program for the unprofessional series of rants and insults hurled at Trion staff in the course of advancing his own agenda, combined with a threat to go public with his complaints.
    We will not allow our staff to be abused or intimidated. This was not an overnight issue as it may seem from the outside, but rather a cumulative one. It had nothing to do with his complaint against another streamer, which we dealt with as a completely separate matter.

Legendary filed complaints against another streamer.
    Our Senior Live Media Manager investigate ALL complaints within our ability to do so and mete out discipline as needed, up to and including releasing people from the Creators Program and potentially even banning them from the forums or game. He doesn't play favorites and he has been in this business a very long time.
    Our Live Media Manager reviewed the stream, found that the streamer was indeed behaving badly, and dealt with it. I advised Legendary of this.

Legendary also protested being left out of a streamer event in January, in which we invited the most active streamers at the time, and this did not include him. When he contacted our Producer on January 15th to tell him that he was going to start streaming Trove again, we were already locked down for the event and could not add him. We told him that we'd consider him for future events.

He persisted with demands to be added, and after the event, demanding an Ally be created for him. He began accusing us of favoritism toward other streamers.

These complaints and protests persisted and ramped up in both tone and scale since the end of January. We didn't ignore Legendary. We told him we'd include him in a future event. We gave him a bunch of the exclusive streamer packs. We investigated and dealt with the streamer he was concerned with, to the extent that we were able to; that is, within our purvue.

We expended a lot of time communcating with him, way out of scale to what we've ever had to provide to any other streaming partner. He simply refused to accept "no" as an answer, consistently placed his own interpretation on our actions, and was not willing to find any middle ground in the course of exchanges with the Trove CM, Senior CM and Producer.

In the end, after we received a particularly vitriolic, accusatory and insult-laden email that included a threat to go public with a petition, and after extensive internal discussion, we decided to remove Legendary from our supported streamers list.
    I emailed him to let him know of the action we had taken.
    He proceeded to email our CEO, who reviewed all that went before and responded to Legendary directly.

Participation in the Creator Program is a privilege, not a right.
    We happily support several hundred streamers, and our staff time is extremely limited. Therefore, we prefer to work with those who offer in return a positive, open, and professional approach.

We have not, and will not block or in any way take action against anyone merely for supporting Legendary or being one of his streamer team or staff. We treat every streamer and applicant the same in terms of our expectations and support - there is no black list. =)

We know that a LOT of people are still awaiting acceptance into the Creator Program - that's merely a result of having a ton of excited supporters and just one Live Media Manager working toward getting as many people vetted and in as fast as possible. When he is busy investigating bad behavior or removing streamers for selling keys, he can't work on bringing in new people.
    Hang in there, new folks. @Scapes will get to you as soon as he can!

Brasse
    I just logged in from retirement to see something disgusting.

First of all, you name shaming, pubically slandering him and second, you dare to lie, by saying you took actions against said reported streamer. However, I can't see ANY actions that have been taken against him. The evidence provided was just ignored by 3 (!!!) instances of your company. Why I know it has been ignored? Well, after speaking to his Twitch representative, he ensured us, that no action was taken from your side.

I reported said "reported streamer" yet again, providing the same evidence that has been ignored. I am tired of you doing nothing against this and even continue to back him up comitting a federal crime, which, ironically, is a crime as well.

However, since I'm tired of seeing this charade, I request you to provide evidence, that you took actions against "reported streamer" or where "removed streamer" has abused or harassed a member of your team.

Other than that, the only thing I have to say to this anymore is, that I really wish I wouldn't have spent 880$ on this game, just so you can do the exact opposite of what the community wants.

Regards,
    Jean Luc Nürrenberg aka Jeanolos or TeamGameRevolution
    Programmer of Trove Toolbox
    Programming for 12 years now ^^
    My Referral Code: 2QY9RFWXRCF9W7ML7E79

So basically a really toxic person got removed from the program, but the people of the forums are saying "he's a good boy he did nuffin wrong." I'm loving every second of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanolos View Post
    I just logged in from retirement
    With respect, this doesn't seem true considering the last topic you wrote made it very clear you had no intention of returning, due to your affiliation with Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekiah View Post
    So basically a really toxic person got removed from the program, but the people of the forums are saying "he's a good boy he did nuffin wrong." I'm loving every second of it.
    He hasn't done anything that should result in punishment. Although it seems that a certain company doesn't punish people who admit to DDoSing. It also doesn't help when one person says "we have dealt with the problem" while others have no idea it even happened.

Angry

This first section is to Ocgineer, my post aimed at everyone is at the bottom (above the tl;dr)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocgineer View Post
    TrionBrasse please refrain from name calling, it is a general known rule here on the forums (set by Trove team them self).
    But yea seeing you guys cannot even follow your own ToS and CoC I guess this was to be expected.

But on-topic this isn't about complaining that "the person removed from the program" was not included in the block jam event this is about you guys removing him and trying to hide behind a wall of text and IGNORE AND HIDE all VIABLE EVIDENCE presented. This issue is GOING ON FOR OVER A YEAR even BEFORE "the person removed from the program" was involved. Now that "the person removed from the program" was the only one that actually REPORTED the REAL offender and you guys SHUT HIM DOWN.

I know every community has a "black" sheep but with the EVIDENCE presented I CANT believe you try to hide behind a WALL OF TEXT.
    Ocgineer this is beyond unprofessional on your part and really reflects poorly on you. I feel bad for you that you feel this way.

Both Brasse and Scapes have their jobs for a reason. I've seen them both be immensely successful in their previous ventures, and am glad they are handling this. They both have handled this matter with the utmost professionalism, even with the hordes of people harassing them throughout the process.

Also, this fuss over Trion following their own ToC is humorous. If you really want to get technical, they don't have to. We made our account and accepted them, they most likely had their credentials issued by IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocgineer View Post
    The real offender has admitted of initiating and being part of DDOSING other streamer(s) and proof has been presented to Trion World, nothing is done about it.
    This is what broke me. I wasn't going to give in to this banter, but this is just beyond belief. 90% of people here know exactly who you're talking about. This is completely false. There has NEVER been proof or even a smidgen of evidence released by anyone to support this erroneous claim, let alone a confession. While the "real offender" as you call them, has had moments of brashness and minor bouts of unprofessionalism, this has been resolved amicably with the great folks at Trion. The allegations you and others are making are criminal, if these were true, and you all do indeed have proof, both Trion and Twitch would have done something, and US Authorities would be involved as well.

Oc: If I'm nuts, PLEASE hit me up on steam, on discord, or here on the forums with your evidence. I haven't seen anything remotely pointing to the person you're referencing being the 'real offender.'

----------------------------------------------------

To everyone:

This is such a let down for those of us that have been here from the beginning, to see people's morals and behaviors degrade to this level. We're here to have fun playing a great game, and to hang out on some great streams now as well. Please don't let this fuss impact your opinion of anyone at Trion, or any streamers, but for God's sake don't quit because of this.

I've previously not commented because I didn't want to feed these trolls, but I think a bit of light in this thread might do everyone some good.

I'm at about a RED FeelsBadMan status right now because of this unnecessary and baseless drama. Let's all just get over this bs.

tl;dr: ignore this bs, we're here to play a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by FayMonsterDad View Post
    With respect, this doesn't seem true considering the last topic you wrote made it very clear you had no intention of returning, due to your affiliation with Legendary.
    He left because of what Trion Worlds were doing, this has been going on for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by FayMonsterDad View Post
    I know that I had no intention of returning. And I still don't plan to do so. I just said, that I logged in, even though I said, I won't come back.
    Also, it wasn't because of my affiliation with Legendary, but it was one of the reasons. But I already know, that people are just gonna turn the words in my mouth before I can speak, so I just say:

I don't care, what anyone is saying about me.

So if you don't mind, just ignore me
    Programmer of Trove Toolbox
    Programming for 12 years now ^^
    My Referral Code: 2QY9RFWXRCF9W7ML7E79

Closed Thread