+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Stellar Loot and a Tease of Gems to Come

Quote Originally Posted by SerSlender View Post
    I can go mining for more than an hour and I don't walk away with 20k flux. Barely even a stack of ore unless I mine JUST shapestone for that hour and even then it's what? Like 3k, 4 if you're lucky and prices rose? Mining all day on Tuesdays could yield about 20k/day maybe, but stop making it seem so easy for newbies to make money per hour. Everyone acts like it takes no time at all, remember what a newbie's lasermancy will be at as well? And how many bombs they will have? No newbie will be pulling in 20k/hour, hell U6 farmers don't always walk away with 20k an hour either. You only do if you get pentas and quads, and that won't be EVERY hour.

(I have radiant lasermancy hat, S4 lasermancy ring, megaminer, patron, and at least 500 bombs on me at a time, so I think I can accurately judge how much it's possible to make by mining)
    Sounds like your doing it wrong, Just went to test for a few minutes. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

This isn't the exact way I do it, but works good enough as an example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMRKWM2Bjk
    Maledictam
    Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Please consider using my referral code: YDX6NJ97YTH2H2FJN2DD

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictam View Post
    Sounds like your doing it wrong, Just went to test for a few minutes. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

This isn't the exact way I do it, but works good enough as an example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMRKWM2Bjk
    Lasermancy+megaminer is faster than bombs and doesn't cut into profit, but I use bombs as well. I can't make 20k/hour but I can make a lot of flux mining with my stats/bombs plus patron bonus. Newbies won't make that. Everyone has seen these videos.

Did they change how ore spawns? I haven't mined hardly in 6 months, but I used to average 25k flux an hour mining. Isn't too hard for a new player to get bombs and they will pay for themselves. Even if we halved the flux an hour on average, the question still remains though. What is considered an acceptable time frame for getting one class geared.
    Maledictam
    Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Please consider using my referral code: YDX6NJ97YTH2H2FJN2DD

So continues the Trion process of removing fun from the game and replacing it with unrewarding grind and some relief using the cash shop.
    The new U7+ levels better not drop anything less than shadow 1 items to make them worthwhile.

I still find it funny that we are getting a new level of gear but ring crafting is still capped at S4 and done with RNG throwing boxes on the ground; why aren't ring boxes opened like every other box now in a GUI?

I was thought in news abilities
    one extra skill for each class but
    i have read this and now i think that the gems dont mean new skills

anyway the new update will be soo cool

IGN: ExtrysGO
    TAKE A LOOK TO MY OTHER MODS! if you wanna only click in the above image ▲▲▲ #NoMoreCactusOnMyDubstepCauseTheyHurtCuteAnimals ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ExtrysGO View Post
    I was thought in news abilities
    one extra skill for each class but
    i have read this and now i think that the gems dont mean new skills

anyway the new update will be soo cool
    Doesn't appear to be new skills at all, just added effects and ****. Gems will more than likely be received from RNG as well from the way this game is going. I'm getting sick of this company ruining everything they make and ignoring issues since day one.

We don't know anything about the gems yet.

Spoilers we were given are inconsistent. This made me think: what if there will be TWO types of gems? (and maybe two gem slots) Common gems would have a general effect, like exploding attack or some healing effect (like the examples they gave recently). Rare gems would be class-specified and change the abilities completely, like the chicken or blizzard examples. This would be alright.

Then, they might be obtained from boxes. But we don't know anything about these boxes. What if they would drop from lairs in new worlds? One chest per lair and with karma is absolutely acceptable for me. We would get the common gems per few lairs and rare ones per up to 70 lairs. Of course the gems we got that way would be random. But if they were tradeable, even if we got 2 of the same gems, we could trade them via marketplace for another ones.

You may say this sounds grindy, doing only lairs/dungeons over and over. But then again, we don't know if there won't be any new interesting quests for these lairs in new worlds. And what about invasion worlds? Even if chests dropped from invaders, in world full of invaders - that wouldn't be much problem.

So it's too early to moan. Last few updates (more than few) weren't very exciting, but that's because Trove devs were focusing on this Mantle update. Maybe they could break it down into lesser features and release the content gradually. But maybe what they say is true - this update is so "big and fantastic" that it was impossible to divide it into smaller ones, so that left us uninteresting and filler updates on the way.

To all the people asking for a change to the whole gear upgrade system: The 3/11/16 stream showed us a prime example of proof that this will never happen - that awful portal tower. I feel sorry for anyone not able to use portals in a club world. They could have easily reworked that monstrosity to have better ease of access, but no, they opted to just keep tacking on to it. I fully expect them to do the same for every other part of the game. Just throw it on the end, rinse and repeat.

Just tack onto the grind and add a couple new worlds with "Radiant Ruins" level of content. No sustenance added to the game and current adventure worlds.

Their game plan was to make a base system and then build complex and intuitive systems onto it, but Live has shown that they NEVER will.

Still waiting for REAL quests and that player made content (that isn't hidden behind a price tag) that this game used to consider a core part of it. Literally everything new that has come out since we left Beta has been needing to pay for or requires hundreds of hours to complete. When do we get content that isn't pallet swapped worlds?
    I quit this game.

Maybe I'm on crazy pills here but I saw a lot of positives from the stream.

That stellar will not just be the same kind of progression but instead a hybrid that requires that you take the souls of titans and infuse it into your weapon as well. I like the idea of splitting it off into multiple components like this that make acquisition vary as a whole. We’ll see what we have to do in the shadow world but yeah.

I thought the new shadow world has a lot of potential as well. It seemed like an interesting visual with a nice theme tagged on with the invasions. The new quest type for me at least seems like a good combination of invasions/wave quest/and a bit of survival added on. It’s cool that we’re getting another quest type that’s about it getting to a point of it being overly hard and you just having to live through it.

I like that they are adding earlish progression with gems with the U3 portal since it doesn’t take much to get to U3 in my opinion.

The gem system to me still seems promising. I like that at least as of now it seem to add to the classes in a subtle way. I’m withholding my judgement until I see more of the system instead of over speculating here c:
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast