+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTS Disabled Packs

Angry PTS Disabled Packs

Hi Developers!! I just obtained PTS and it was fun until i realized most packs are disabled. What's the point of it being "Public Test Server" if we can't test? For this, PTS has become super boring and no one wants to play it fix this FIX IT!!!

Dude it's to keep the rest of the chaos chest prize pool secret
    Trovian since beta

Mastery Rank: 52
    IGN: sackboy5055
    Ally: Polterpenguin

Y O U ' R E G O N N A H A V E A B A D T I M E

PTS is not for testing despite what its name says. There is nothing to help test bugs or new features . All the server is used for is to play around with and try new items added to the store, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstian View Post
    PTS is not for testing despite what its name says. There is nothing to help test bugs or new features . All the server is used for is to play around with and try new items added to the store, nothing else.
    This

There's no patchnotes for PTS so we have no idea what to test and they don't even read the bugreports from what i've seen in the past.
    It's like an extra server to check up on next weeks chaos loot and try new classes before getting them on live

I kinda agree, they dont support the people on PTS with items or things we could test, its just a early acces for new content. And This belongs in the PTS thread what we have over here is a persons first thread and its a complaint. Great to have criers in our community

Banned
    I am praying to God that you are not taking "PTS" seriously. If so, you perhaps shouldn't be playing Trove anymore..

It might not be for testing for the majority of people but that is because the majority of people who use it don't look for bugs and issues. I know plenty of people in Voxel Busters who use the PTS specifically for finding new bugs within updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    It might not be for testing for the majority of people but that is because the majority of people who use it don't look for bugs and issues. I know plenty of people in Voxel Busters who use the PTS specifically for finding new bugs within updates.
    It is not if you can, the server is not designed to test. You could also test in live but that does not make it any more of a test server. If they provided accurate notes, full wipes, items required for all levels, and resources it would be better setup but its not. They even went so far as to remove a large source of resources (chaos chests), so it is in fact hard to test on the test server than live.

It is not if you can, the server is not designed to test. You could also test in live but that does not make it any more of a test server. If they provided accurate notes, full wipes, items required for all levels, and resources it would be better setup but its not. They even went so far as to remove a large source of resources (chaos chests), so it is in fact hard to test on the test server than live.
    But.. people aren't testing chaos chests. What about those need testing? Nothing. Those are implemented and have been for awhile. People test the new stuff that rolls out. I know a few people who did a TON of work with the power levels and gave feedback that directly went into live.

PTS is there for people to find new bugs. I've seen numerous dupe bugs that have been found and caught through PTS and didn't make it to live. As I said it is there for testing most people just don't use it for that.

Waaaaay up in the mountains of New Mexico
    It's taken very seriously by the Dev's and those of us who actually go out to test things added in PTS builds. That does happen, despite what seems to be popular belief. Me and a few other people spent hours trying to break the MP when it first hit PTS, as well as transit portals and power levels (as was mentioned here)...

It just happens to also be a place where people like to play the game. As long as those people don't get in the way of the real testing going on, let them. But, that is the reason things are disabled on the PTS. It either doesn't need testing or people abused it and kept those of us actually interested in helping out the devs from doing what we do... which is the entire purpose of the PTS.

The packs and chaos chests and pinatas all work just fine. No need to "test" them...
    Co-Founder of Defiant Few! Come visit us by entering /joinworld defiant few in your chat window!

Check out some videos of our flight courses!
    Even better, check out my stream for tours of the club!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast