+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just delete the free dragon egg.

Just delete the free dragon egg.

Why does the egg even exist... I mean everyone gets it free assuming they are at the event and everyone who misses the event needs to wait for it to come back again - it only brings bad things. The golden eggs are like a replacement for souls I guess but the base egg should just be scrapped and the recipe can be identical except for the egg. Literally the only effect of having the untradeable egg is limiting players who missed the event from getting it - and thats a pointless thing to even think of doing because it adds nothing watsoever. The egg is basically a pointless item that just adds hassle to the game. It should be removed.

Its seasonal that's why we have the egg through the current method.. Itll be taken away at one point ~ and will come back in future events

Unfortunately I think it exists to make people login to the game. Or at least regret not logging into the game if there happens to be a new dragon.

If the game is fun people will login without this kind of carrot/stick approach. It shows a lack of confidence in the product in my opinion. There is nothing fun about this change. They should focus their attention on making the game fun or at the very least not making it less fun.

I agree with your points, but I also understand why it has to exist. A way to get this in-game( maybe a boss to beat in a special dungeon?) would be a MUCH cooler way to get something like this in the future.

It is an item created to be a pain for those in the future, there is no reason it should exist except to further hold people back. Lets say you miss the event, you have two choices, wait for the event to come around again (could be a very long time) or buy the $100 pack or the Greater Dragon Caches which have a chance for the egg as a rare (as well as every other soul so good luck). If the egg was not here then it could be crafted any time of the year, you know, like every other dragon (which by the way give more rewards).

It's probably this way to encourage people buying the 100$ pack, to sell the egg in the future for high prices~

Get the egg or get the golden egg if you missed it and really want it. It's really not that bad. It's not like you can get your shadow turkey wings anymore.

Its an introduction to a new method for getting dragons, this introduction starts with a seasonal egg that you can simply acquire by logging in the game any time during the event and pick the egg from the store, its much better than say you HAVE to craft the dragon during the duration of the event or you lose any chance to craft it again unless the event returns, imagine this scenario now.

Also by introducing Dragon Eggs means we'll be able to get other Dragon Eggs from various other sources in the game, it might be killing a mob, might be defeating a boss, might be a cache or chest, or just like the very first egg be an event item(who knows we might even see pvp related egg, e.g. kill a dev chance to get a special egg).

What do they achieve by doing this?
    well its simple, as they said on the previous stream there are many community dragons created and being restricted to adding a new dragon only once a month via challenges is too limiting so with this method they will be able to introduce a greater variety of dragons in the game.
    IGN Curtharv
    Referal Code H3XT2DRRNGLW3YJMDKJX | Check out my mods

I agree the Egg is pointless past making people log in to claim it. Previously if you missed a dragon's rotation you can still get it. If the egg disappears when I new dragon comes out, then this is no longer the case.

A better idea would have been to make the eggs generic for all dragons and obtainable some other way (I'd say Shadow Tower or Cubits). Then keep each dragon having it's own unique material (as the previous ones have for making their souls). Then have all the dragons be 1 Egg, 300 Coins and X Material (I don't like needing Flames for them, but they could be there too.)

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Get the egg or get the golden egg if you missed it and really want it. It's really not that bad. It's not like you can get your shadow turkey wings anymore.
    but the dragon gives stats

+ Reply to Thread