Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Dragon] - Aurim, The Tapestry Weaver

Looks really nice! I like the wing shape, I love the curves on them. It is an amazing concept and the colours you used are really good.

Also from downloading it I can tell that it is very similar to Fortras and Albairn, especially the head. I don't personally like the rectangle shaped head, It would be cool if you added a bit of a slope at the front, to better fit the curves of the wings.

Just researched more on art deco and I'd have to say the dragon, really matches with it :P
    Really good mod as usual Aviarei! ^u^

Help out AlecoX or Zetane! Use this code: "7GZJDE7YR7HGM7NXW6DM" or "DFNTMZKJHX2YT9L3YMTC" in this page!

Banned
    Oh WOW. Excellent use of voxel placement and color scheme.

Wow i really love the feather design in the wings, keep making awesome mods, and devs, keep adding them xD
    Click me to see a cool mod --><-- Click me to see a cool mod
    Want a free class coin? Then click me! Wanna chat with me? Just click here! :3

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKayM View Post
    Looks really nice! I like the wing shape, I love the curves on them. It is an amazing concept and the colours you used are really good.

Also from downloading it I can tell that it is very similar to Fortras and Albairn, especially the head. I don't personally like the rectangle shaped head, It would be cool if you added a bit of a slope at the front, to better fit the curves of the wings.
    Is this what you had in mind?
    New on left, old on right.

And the two heads for comparison.

I did use Albairn's face and Fortras's wings/back haunches as the base that I worked from. I do also know that there is value in making each dragon's face and features distinguishable/unique from one another, which is why I'm so torn on the head.
    I wanted to keep the curve of Fortras's wings, because with the feather structure of the upper wings, I wanted the lower structure of the wings and the tail tip to resemble something akin to a swallowtail bird.

I've always been a big fan of Albairn's facial structure - the wide snout and straight edges are visually appealing to me, and the jigsaw maw is also really appealing. It gives the upper face some weight, which I prefer more than dragon faces that are more jaw-heavy or pencil-snouted (such as the mastery dragon that has a bigger jaw than snout)
    I also find the straight lines of the face complimentary to the straight lines of the feathers in the upper parts of the wings. I've sort of "color-coded" the different parts of the dragon so that those pieces jive together; the darker blue is more curvy while lighter shades of blue are straight-lined.
    My Refer-A-Friend code: RFCM-KRED-2EZT-WHML-6YYD
    Recent Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Aviarei View Post
    The Above post ^^^
    Yeah, I do think that looks a bit better in my opinion. It still resembles Albairn a little bit, but that's just the eyes which isn't a big deal.

I can say hands down that this is one of the best dragon mods I've ever seen.

Yeah, I do think that looks a bit better in my opinion. It still resembles Albairn a little bit, but that's just the eyes which isn't a big deal.

I can totally agree. The new head fits better.
    Mastery: 300+
    Below Mastery 20 and want a free Class Coin? Use my referral code: ZLDXF6QWML9L772F2TH7
    or visit this site: Redeem Code.

Thanks a ton for your input - helping differentiate the face really helped it!
    I've cut back some of the cheekbone on either side of the face as well:

I'll work on updating each download with the updated heads!

EDIT: Updated download links in main post! Thanks!

EDIT2: Updated preview image and image album! I probably won't edit the video since going through another hour of recording and editing for a face change doesn't sound like a great idea to me!
    My Refer-A-Friend code: RFCM-KRED-2EZT-WHML-6YYD
    Recent Mods:

THis Dragon looks really cool *___* I love the Wings!<3
    IGN: Lumidex
    Mastery Rank: 381
    Club: German Giants (Leader)
    REFER-A-FRIEND Code: QGHLY6FRDKN7LP7PFJKC

Loving the model and the colors and everything!
    awesome work Avi