+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Dungeon] Crowned Jewel

[Dungeon] Crowned Jewel

Hey!

I know dungeons are probably not often posted here but I wanted to get more opinions on my current dungeon design for the Treasure Isles, the Crowned Jewel.

It's more or less an Atlantis sort of themed underwater glassworks with a couple variants (in the minority here) that maybe play with fighting underwater.

The layout is a little less linear then some of my ideas but I tried to have it be pretty straight forward as a whole with the main path being highlighted to the main boss and the side bosses being off shoots of that.

I'd love to get any opinions I can get on the design!

Imgur Album

Dropbox
    “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.”― Mark Twain

Dayum can i live in there?
    IGN: DatGuy80
    Mains: Shadow Hunter, Tombraiser
    Life is easier than you think but harder when you think

The aesthetic of this reminds me of the underwater cities used by Gungans in a movie that we will otherwise not talk too much about.

I always loved the ideas of underwater cities with transparent walls where you can see the aquatic world outside, as a strictly terrestrial type of person that hates deep waters, the notion of being safely enclosed and seeing the outside despite not being directly exposed to that terrible place always carries a slight mystique and comfort to it.

The layout and design (both above water level and below) looks very opulent, reminiscent of a long-lost aquatic empire whose great architectural feats have been discovered/resurfaced thousands of years later by Trovians, just waiting for us to explore their mysterious halls.

Definitely a very unique design that would be a welcomed addition to the Treasure Isles as some contrast to the swashbuckling and Q'bthulhu themes!

Quote Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
    Dayum can i live in there?
    Sure you can!

I don’t have any beds but I think the benches would at least work…

Quote Originally Posted by Aetheonus View Post
    The aesthetic of this reminds me of the underwater cities used by Gungans in a movie that we will otherwise not talk too much about.

I always loved the ideas of underwater cities with transparent walls where you can see the aquatic world outside, as a strictly terrestrial type of person that hates deep waters, the notion of being safely enclosed and seeing the outside despite not being directly exposed to that terrible place always carries a slight mystique and comfort to it.

The layout and design (both above water level and below) looks very opulent, reminiscent of a long-lost aquatic empire whose great architectural feats have been discovered/resurfaced thousands of years later by Trovians, just waiting for us to explore their mysterious halls.

Definitely a very unique design that would be a welcomed addition to the Treasure Isles as some contrast to the swashbuckling and Q'bthulhu themes!
    Thanks!
    I used to love going to the aquarium as a child so I think harkens back to that. I don’t think I’d like to swim in any kind of deep water though, about up to my neck is where I’ll go or else I start getting unreasonably paranoid lol.
    I love the idea of a long lost civilization belonging to the sea; it honestly would be fun to work with those ideas further to see where it takes us, especially with the mention of flooded worlds in the future.

As more of a side note then anything I also have This Lair as to at least give another structure in the biome that has a similar vibe.

So pretttyyyyy!

Im definitely throwing bombs everywhere till I reach the boss in this dungeon

You didnt read that o-o

Help out AlecoX or Zetane! Use this code: "7GZJDE7YR7HGM7NXW6DM" or "DFNTMZKJHX2YT9L3YMTC" in this page!

Sux *** as always Sted :*

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2ian View Post
    So pretttyyyyy!

Im definitely throwing bombs everywhere till I reach the boss in this dungeon

You didnt read that o-o
    Hey now... I guess I can't blame you since I've even bombed my own dungeons at times.

Min maxing FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by AlecoX View Post
    Sux *** as always Sted :*
    Hey now... <3

+ Reply to Thread