+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Store - Unlocking Classes

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb Trove Store - Unlocking Classes

Update: To make sure players know how to access the classes they can quickly unlock for free here’s a short list for you:
    • When you start Trove, your first class is free.
    • If you play RIFT (another Trion game) through the tutorial section, you can speak to a quest giver in your faction’s main city to unlock the Chloromancer class in Trove automatically. A player made a video guide to show the process.
    • At Mastery rank 3 in Trove you’ll unlock a Class Coin that you can use to unlock any class.
    • You'll also get a free Class Coin if you were referred to Trove by another player via our Refer-A-Friend program – this must occur before you reach Mastery rank 20.
    • When you reach Mastery rank 25 you’ll receive another free Class Coin.
    • You will unlock a bonus class coin the first time you spend 5 dollars/Euro or more on anything in the Trove Store.

Beyond that, class coins can be purchased on the Marketplace using in game currency - the price on these will vary as time goes on. Unlocking all of the remaining classes will take time, but if you’re willing invest the time you can unlock them all without paying anything.

Hey all,

Some store changes are coming to Trove and I wanted to call them out here ahead of time, as well as explain why we're making these changes.

I know this topic isn't one of the fun ones, so I'm going to try to simply keep it as forthright as we can.

First - why make changes? At the end of the day this is a big piece of the engine that keeps Trove going. We've been live long enough and collected enough data that we can start making some changes. The core word which I expect us to be held to here is value. No matter what you are spending on the game - time or money, we need to give you value and respect that investment. That never changes.

The other core idea is that this isn't where we focus our energy as developers. Our primary goal as game developers is to make a great game. We want to align the business of Trove with the game of Trove as much as possible. Some of you guys here on the forums even called us out this month on how our focus seemed to be trending towards the Chaos Chest rewards and not gameplay focused rewards. That's a case where the balance has been getting away from us, and we want to make sure we are doing the most we can to both support Trove as a game and a business in a way that is aligned, not at odds.

That said, what are we changing, and why? Three things: Cubits, Classes, and Patron.

Cubits
    As any dedicated player can tell you, you can definitely buy everything you need and have Cubits to spare. In addition, those initial buys (fast mount, better wings) can happen pretty fast for what would be considered at a minimum a mid-game unlock. As a result we're making three changes:
    • Fewer initial Cubits - new players are going to need to spend some time unlocking those first fast mounts and wings.
    • Higher Cubit cost per item in the store - you have probably noted that we're pulling out the very cheap mounts. These were both very old, and also cheaper than we want to offer entire mounts for. I expect that they will get to make a return though as a special or through other methods - they are not gone forever, but they are gone as permanent store options.
    • Additional worthwhile repeatable purchases - we'll be adding back in style unlockers for Cubits and some of the new class progression will have a Cubit-based bonus.

Classes
    We want to spend more time on making our classes really amazing and have deeper progression and powers. As a result, we've turned down the rate at which we put out new classes (a relatively significant source of revenue for us). This is a change that we're making since we think it will make a better game. However, it also necessitates making a change to how we provide classes through the store.

Specifically, they will no longer be available for Cubits.

This change is going to help us continue to make the investment in our existing classes without feeling a need to roll out new classes at a rapid pace (not to say that we won't make more, just that it will be significantly slower). Keep in mind too that there are still ways to unlock additional classes beyond your first, including an additional class coin we're going to give to anyone who supports at any amount, through mastery, and the one you can earn through being referred.

Patron
    Patron is a great ongoing way for us to give you guys value and you guys to support the game. Going forward we're going to rely on it more. Add more value to it and probably even require it to access some systems or features. We're also going to start promoting it more on the HUD and the in-game store. We've opted to build up Patron since it's already quite valuable and something that is being used by most if not all of our supporters. In addition, it's available to our free players through tradable items.

Is Freedom Really Free?
    What does this mean for Trove as a free game. Obviously we have a lot of players who add a lot of value to our game simply by being a part of our community. As above, our goal is to align our value. We want to spend the most time possible making the game as good as we can. We expect the adjustments to monetization will get us to a better place for both you as supporters and players of the game and for us as developers. I also want to thank everyone again here for your support in both time, money, and everything else you do. I know these are some big changes and I'll be in and out of this thread for the rest of the day answering any questions as I can, so feel free to fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    Hey all,

Some store changes are coming to Trove and I wanted to call them out here ahead of time, as well as explain why we're making these changes.

I know this topic isn't one of the fun ones, so I'm going to try to simply keep it as forthright as we can.

First - why make changes? At the end of the day this is a big piece of the engine that keeps Trove going. We've been live long enough and collected enough data that we can start making some changes. The core word which I expect us to be held to here is value. No matter what you are spending on the game - time or money, we need to give you value and respect that investment. That never changes.

The other core idea is that this isn't where we focus our energy as developers. Our primary goal as game developers is to make a great game. We want to align the business of Trove with the game of Trove as much as possible. Some of you guys here on the forums even called us out this month on how our focus seemed to be trending towards the Chaos Chest rewards and not gameplay focused rewards. That's a case where the balance has been getting away from us, and we want to make sure we are doing the most we can to both support Trove as a game and a business in a way that is aligned, not at odds.

That said, what are we changing, and why? Three things: Cubits, Classes, and Patron.

Cubits
    As any dedicated player can tell you, you can definitely buy everything you need and have Cubits to spare. In addition, those initial buys (fast mount, better wings) can happen pretty fast for what would be considered at a minimum a mid-game unlock. As a result we're making three changes:
    • Fewer initial Cubits - new players are going to need to spend some time unlocking those first fast mounts and wings.
    • Higher Cubit cost per item in the store - you have probably noted that we're pulling out the very cheap mounts. These were both very old, and also cheaper than we want to offer entire mounts for. I expect that they will get to make a return though as a special or through other methods - they are not gone forever, but they are gone as permanent store options.
    • Additional worthwhile repeatable purchases - we'll be adding back in style unlockers for Cubits and some of the new class progression will have a Cubit-based bonus.

Classes
    We want to spend more time on making our classes really amazing and have deeper progression and powers. As a result, we've turned down the rate at which we put out new classes (a relatively significant source of revenue for us). This is a change that we're making since we think it will make a better game. However, it also necessitates making a change to how we provide classes through the store.

Specifically, they will no longer be available for Cubits.

This change is going to help us continue to make the investment in our existing classes without feeling a need to roll out new classes at a rapid pace (not to say that we won't make more, just that it will be significantly slower). Keep in mind too that there are still ways to unlock additional classes beyond your first, including an additional class coin we're going to give to anyone who supports at any amount, through mastery, and the one you can earn through being referred.

Patron
    Patron is a great ongoing way for us to give you guys value and you guys to support the game. Going forward we're going to rely on it more. Add more value to it and probably even require it to access some systems or features. We're also going to start promoting it more on the HUD and the in-game store. We've opted to build up Patron since it's already quite valuable and something that is being used by most if not all of our supporters. In addition, it's available to our free players through tradable items.

Is Freedom Really Free?
    What does this mean for Trove as a free game. Obviously we have a lot of players who add a lot of value to our game simply by being a part of our community. As above, our goal is to align our value. We want to spend the most time possible making the game as good as we can. We expect the adjustments to monetization will get us to a better place for both you as supporters and players of the game and for us as developers. I also want to thank everyone again here for your support in both time, money, and everything else you do. I know these are some big changes and I'll be in and out of this thread for the rest of the day answering any questions as I can, so feel free to fire away.

So.. in order to get new classes someone would have to buy them with credits or get a class coin? Are class coins going to be craftable then after a certain amount of materials are gathered?
    In Game Name : FireflyArc

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyArc View Post
    So.. in order to get new classes someone would have to buy them with credits or get a class coin?
    Correct, which you can still do through trade. So, F2P players will still be able to obtain classes without spending real money.

With the following added on as well:
    Including an additional class coin we're going to give to anyone who supports at any amount, through mastery, and the one you can earn through being referred

Quote Originally Posted by Comply View Post
    Correct, which you can still do through trade. So, F2P players will still be able to obtain classes without spending real money.

oh that's good do you think they are going to change classes and rework some of the textures and designs since they are taking a bit of a break from rolling out new classes as often?

Changes are welcome, especially in the class system but, why "difficult" people acquire new classes?
    YT: www.youtube.com/forcexds (pt-br) Fatallity Leader
    9,5k Subscribers
    Mastery 300+
    300+ Trove Vídeos posted

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyArc View Post
    So.. in order to get new classes someone would have to buy them with credits or get a class coin?
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have a silly amount of them due to downtime compensations.

Clubs | Mods | Server Status | Mod Loaders | Discord | If I don't reply to PM catch me on Discord

7.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by force View Post
    Changes are welcome, especially in the class system but, why "difficult" people acquire new classes?
    In general this means that we can spend a lot of our time making the classes really shine, and the more value we add to the classes the more encouragement there is to collect and play all of them, which also drives the business of Trove. If we kept them as free to acquire, even at a high cost, we'd have development pressure to keep putting out new classes fast enough to make sure there was still demand for each release.

In general this means that we can spend a lot of our time making the classes really shine, and the more value we add to the classes the more encouragement there is to collect and play all of them, which also drives the business of Trove. If we kept them as free to acquire, even at a high cost, we'd have development pressure to keep putting out new classes fast enough to make sure there was still demand for each release.
    I understand, just waiting for new class system, you gonna spoiler little tomorrow? Thanks for all work
    YT: www.youtube.com/forcexds (pt-br) Fatallity Leader
    9,5k Subscribers
    Mastery 300+
    300+ Trove Vídeos posted

Add more value to it and probably even require it to access some systems or features.
    I think this is the only part of this that really worries me. I usually have patron anyway from buying off the market, but can you go into more detail on this. Specifically I am worried that this might mean zones that are for patron users only.

Quote Originally Posted by mouserat View Post
    I think this is the only part of this that really worries me. I usually have patron anyway from buying off the market, but can you go into more detail on this. Specifically I am worried that this might mean zones that are for patron users only.

that could be interesting

+ Reply to Thread