Closed Thread
Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Store - Unlocking Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Woofbottoms View Post
    Speak for yourself. If I was new I would mostly likely quit within the first couple days knowing that I could only get a total of 4 classes (1 + 1 coin you start with + 2 mastery unlocks) without needing to do anything else. This is not the only voxel game on the market.

That's entirely your prerogative of course, I personally don't see an issue because outside of mastery (and getting the third level of dragon challenges) I would never play more than a few of these classes and it sounds like most people tend to only play a few past leveling them from reading the forums.

Also I think it's a pretty absurd position to take expecting all worthwhile items in a game to be available easily and completely free if you aren't paying something for the game itself. The bottom line is that an mmo that doesn't make money doesn't continue to exist very long and the people who work on it deserve to get paid. They tried focusing on selling cosmetics and patron and that apparently didn't work and also made everyone upset that they kept releasing new chaos chest loot instead of the big promised updates, new crsftable mounts etc.

*on mobile sorry for missed typos.
    **this isn't entirely directed back at you, more at this thread as a whole.

Iv gone 50.000 people forum maybe it isnt big but when ı said that classes wont be free anymore ıv got a 15.000 reply that sasy we wont play this game anymore allot of my friends said this as well ı know believe trove wont worth playing cause you guys are so much greedy yes you want to make money but please there is allot of diffrent games that will realy worth it more in the end you will lose min %35 of your players in the game cause this greed ( ım not tlaking about the ones in the forum ) please consider this thing again

this game is no longer fun! thanks for having a fun game to pay to win game 👍 haha wowo waste of time i hate this!

This game is now a pay to win no longer fre! Wowow this just made this game suck now i am done this this crap!

You are making the game worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop ur updates auck and ur ideas

I've skipped most of this thread so i don't know if my question's already been asked but since its going to be significantly harder to obtain new classes for newcomers, why not just release all classes free up until say, lv5?

This would give people a good idea of what classes they would want to unlock before RNG'ing it. If i was starting out new, i would want to know what i put my money (flux) towards before spending it.

As for my input for the rest of your post, please be very keen to what you add to the patron. I don't really like the whole "pay only content" that it would bring. If there is content that's pay only, it should have little to no benefit that would give you an advantage over free players.

I've been with Trove since steam launch and I've made it to 300 mastery as a free to play user. This is one of the main reasons why i play this game. Making Patron too op will drive people like me away unfortunately.

PS: Please find the guy behind these newb accounts making detrimental posts. You aren't making this game any better by spreading negative comments w/o any feedback.
    Mastery 300+
    Club: THE NORTH

Dracolyte Main
    Live: BASTIANxSTARK
    PTS: ARTHURxSTARK

Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    So this is incredibly tricky, since flux changes value over time as it gets easier or harder to get and the value of flux, well, fluctuates. It seems that right now (2/3/2016) the value of flux is about 100 to 1 the value of Credits for purely store bought items. Which for time to acquire at the optimal end of things seems to feel about right. Again, please don't hold me to this in weeks or even months, as we make changes (for example people will get a lot more flux once we add more difficulty levels and higher levels of rewards).
    I don't see how "100:1 credits" is optimal. For me, an average player, I have to farm about 2~3 weeks for that amount, even with the class coin price right now, 80k, I would need 2 weeks to get that amount, and even when I get the amount I'd have to sacrifice the flux for 2 pentas to get it, which doesn't really feel right. And making more difficult places isn't really going to help newer players, since I can't even farm u6 yet, in fact it will only increase the flux inflation so it might even make things harder to get.

Quote Originally Posted by VENGEANCE View Post
    This game is now a pay to win no longer fre! Wowow this just made this game suck now i am done this this crap!
    calm yo tities. nothing happened yet. everything's still fine. just wait and see how things will go.

Quote Originally Posted by BASTIANxSTARK View Post
    I've skipped most of this thread so i don't know if my question's already been asked but since its going to be significantly harder to obtain new classes for newcomers, why not just release all classes free up until say, lv5?

This would give people a good idea of what classes they would want to unlock before RNG'ing it. If i was starting out new, i would want to know what i put my money (flux) towards before spending it.
    People can always go on PTS to test out the classes before buying one with a class coin =D
    IGN: Hycker, Mastery: 450+ All characters lvl 20+
    Leader: Heaven Unchained, Effulgence, Personal Club: Inventive
    Can be hired as a builder for building projects

Reffer me as a friend with this link, and get a free class coin! or use this code: QJMX7MZTMGTXN7HYGC6C
    (only when you're under mastery 20 and didn't use a reffer a friend code earlier)

Quote Originally Posted by Hycker View Post
    People can always go on PTS to test out the classes before buying one with a class coin =D
    Most new players won't have qualified for PTS by mastery 3, which is when they get their first mastery coin for classes.
    Dunno if they'll have qualified by mastery 25.

Just adding my 2 cents as a long time Trovian, I disagree with these changes. Mostly the ones surrounding classes. That will undoubtedly drive new players away from the game.

Say someone picks up the Gunslinger or Knight as their first class, they are going to have a bad time. Especially if they're playing with a friend and said friends picks up say... the Candy Barbarian. The difference in the playability of those three classes is very apparent and would definitely deter me from playing any further with that account.

I'm also quite alarmed with the changes to Patron. If things start being locked to Patron only, you had better bet that update will be my last day in Trove. I've stuck it out through the horrid launch problems, continuous server issues, and the very questionable updates and lack of content, but I will NOT stick around for paywall locked content.

I love Trove, this is by far one of the better F2P MMOs on the market, but these changes can quickly change that. Only time will tell though and I'm not optimistic.
    IGN ~ Sainguin ~~ Founder and Leader of the Casual Filth club world /joinworld Casual Filth

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast