+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Market

Market

Hi trovians!

I was on the game many hours these days and everytime I see people selling or buying things in chat, and sometimes they spam.

When they are beginners and don't know about the market, okay,
    when they wanna trade a thing for another thing like shadow rings, okay,
    but when they wanna trade something for flux, they don't go to the market !

Everytime I tell them there is the market they stop their posts for a few minutes and then do it again, and more and more people do spam in chat for things they could buy or sell in the market because more people are doing this in the chat! If they don't stop, the market will exist only for a few people or what? And I only saw two persons telling them the market exists in one week!

And sometimes the price they say in the chat is very high compared to the price in the market, and people keep doing this, I don't understand... This is not like when the market was new and had lots of glitches... and it's annoying me a lot!

I don't know if it's annoying you too, I don't know what to do and I'm done reporting spam they could avoid using the market
    Come visit my club, and give a prop please! write /joinworld Undead Captains

They probably wants to trick new players or trying to scam (For example replacing penta with quad sth like that)
    Does tutorial tells new players there is a marketplace? If not it would be nice they add a golden thread mission for buying/selling sth.

Help collecting data for MagicFind Probability HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PuFF View Post
    They probably wants to trick new players or trying to scam (For example replacing penta with quad sth like that)
    Does tutorial tells new players there is a marketplace? If not it would be nice they add a golden thread mission for buying/selling sth.
    That's possible, I've seen prices too high with bench and mounts...
    I'm not sure for the tutorial, I dont think so but it would be a good idea!

Yep that's exactly it. In the marketplace there is competition and the prices are generally much lower. So since noobs or returning players don't know yet they are hopeing that they can sell their items for the trad channel price instead. Also yes that does annoy me aswell but keep in mind they are just taking the path of least resistance and with the better price.

This reminds me of when I first bought something in WOW. I was a little noob and didn't know about the Auction House and saw a listing of something I wanted in general chat. So i met up with the other player in Iron Forge. He showed up but had forgotten to get the item. So he took off to the auction house and then came right back. I as a noob replied "umm ok and what's the AH". He was selling items in chat for a higher price than the auction house. Once he had the item sold to a noob like me he would just buy it off the auction house and pocket the difference. Totally taking advantage of noobs.

That's ok there's a good ending to the story. I ended up in one of the highest ranked raiding guilds in the U.S. and was in a BG (PVP arena for WOW) and saw him a year later. I put on my Black Temple Raiding set and my crit set of raiding gear too. I hit him so hard for the next 5 deaths that he rage quit the BG. Sorry I just had to share my little victory story of payback.

I didn't mess with him again but just remember people. that little noob may grow up to become a pwn machine and they may have a good memory.
    Check Out My Trove Builds
    ----------------------------------------------
    (Semi Functional Mech & Turret Cornerstone ) - ( https://youtu.be/yP4pat3GADc )
    (Techno Trove Cornerstone ) - ( https://youtu.be/xHOhjXgl23I )
    (Christmas Winter Wonderland House) - ( https://youtu.be/MHRUWbpbZo0 )

Quote Originally Posted by PuFF View Post

:O it is not in the golded thread... Devs should add that...
    And some people say the market price is too high and they are looking for lower in chat... ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Macmarauder View Post
    Yep that's exactly it. In the marketplace there is competition and the prices are generally much lower. So since noobs or returning players don't know yet they are hopeing that they can sell their items for the trad channel price instead. Also yes that does annoy me aswell but keep in mind they are just taking the path of least resistance and with the better price.

This reminds me of when I first bought something in WOW. I was a little noob and didn't know about the Auction House and saw a listing of something I wanted in general chat. So i met up with the other player in Iron Forge. He showed up but had forgotten to get the item. So he took off to the auction house and then came right back. I as a noob replied "umm ok and what's the AH". He was selling items in chat for a higher price than the auction house. Once he had the item sold to a noob like me he would just buy it off the auction house and pocket the difference. Totally taking advantage of noobs.

That's ok there's a good ending to the story. I ended up in one of the highest ranked raiding guilds in the U.S. and was in a BG (PVP arena for WOW) and saw him a year later. I put on my Black Temple Raiding set and my crit set of raiding gear too. I hit him so hard for the next 5 deaths that he rage quit the BG. Sorry I just had to share my little victory story of payback.

I didn't mess with him again but just remember people. that little noob may grow up to become a pwn machine and they may have a good memory.
    Exactly, taking advantage of noobs
    Though it is great that you shared your experience! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 500Minions View Post
    :O it is not in the golded thread... Devs should add that...
    And some people say the market price is too high and they are looking for lower in chat... ridiculous...
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread