+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Guide for Flux (long)

A Guide for Flux (long)

Before I begin, I would like to state that i will not mention item flipping in the market, it is another good way to make flux but it's sometimes a win-lose situation, don't want newbies messing up. I will also state prices of items at what i know sells for the highest at.

Anyway, This is a guide on making some flux. Some of the methods in here require some classic grinding and a bit of your time. I will warn you, some of my own methods can take a week but will pay off in the end.

Method 1, Shadow equipment and magic find: Shadow equipment past level 2 require shadow souls of a certain variety, naturally, every player lusts for them to be in top shape and game. So people valued them MINIMALLY at these prices below. You may get them for higher prices.
    Twice-forged = 700 flux each
    Thrice-forged= 3000 flux each
    Quad -forged = 12,000 flux each
    Penta-forged = 33,000 flux each (oh baby)
    They sell fast and prices can vary, people will buy at any price. Now, it can be costly for you because theres a fee for upgrading shadow equipment that is with eyes and flux, if you're a penny pincher, magic find can be EXTREMELY handy in that case. with a lot of magic find you can get drops of shadow equipment from ANY level, but for the higher levels (above 3 ) would require a lot of magic find, but will pay off for you.

Method 2, mining: You can never have enough shape stone in this game, or any ore for that matter. There are a lot of lazy people out there that will pay nicely for certain ores, How ever, it can be time consuming to mine a lot but hey, BRING FRIENDS! So, ores have a certain rate of how much flux its worth per stone, but usually people just put a random price that seems fitting for it. If you want quick mining, i recommend a boomeranger (awesome bomb), a lot of bombs and some high lasermancy! (and friends as i said) (The rates below may vary for some, so please forgive me) (I will only be stating the ones that have large veins, so no somber souls or bones here)
    BE SURE TO PICK UP ANY MUSHROOMS, THEY ARE USEFUL FOR LATER METHODS!
    The prices below are minimal prices, people are willing to pay at higher ratios within the market, but here's some ratios to go towards and higher!
    shape stone: 1 = 2 flux
    Formcite : 1 = 3 flux
    Infinium: 1 = 10 flux
    Crystallized cloud: 2 = 1 flux (usually considered less than even 1 flux)
    Golden soul: 1 = 60 flux (there is usually just 1 in random veins of any ore)
    Primordial flame 1 : 8 flux (This one i have seen sometimes more valued than infinium, so this varies)
    Note: Candoria has more infinium. Dragon peaks have more primordial flames and shapestone. Cursed vale has a combo of shape stone and formcite (occasionally other ores) same goes with desert frontier. Fae wilds has a good rate of infinium veins, shape stone and formcite. Permafrost has more Formcite. Lastly Neon city is a small combo of most ores. ALL BIOMES WILL ALWAYS HAVE SHAPE STONE.

Method 3, Gardening, steed feed, and mounts: Here is my personal favorite flux maker. This will require "Gardener" tier of the gardening profession, which shouldn't be trouble. So, to begin, sunlight bulbs and mushrooms will be very necessary to buy or gather (i recommend gathering because gardening can take hours)
    Sunlight bulbs themselves can actually be sold at a great rate of flux.
    1000 Sunlight bulbs = 3500 flux. (You minimally get 100+ bulbs from sunflowers)
    But if you save them all, you can get something way better. (you can find these in Peaceful hills in worlds)
    Use a portion of your mushrooms to make as many sponges as you can, use sponges to get water. (you can buy water from the market too) Then make as much "Unripe Compost heap" (first tier) as you can.
    They will take one hour to fully grow, you must plant them somewhere safe and do NOT harvest till you know an hour has passed. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAKING A CLUB FOR GARDENING!
    One you harvest the compost heap, you will get rich fertilizer. you will need a lot of sunlight bulbs and fertilizer for the next part. Make as much steed feed as you can!
    Steed feed usually requires: 5 Fertalizer and 35 bulbs = 10 steed feed seeds
    (Sponges = 2 mushrooms, 3 glim) (Unripe compost = 3 mushrooms, 1 water, 13 glim)
    STEED FEED WILL TAKE 4 HOURS TO GROW, THIS IS WHERE PATIENCE IS KEY
    One the steed feed is fully grown, you now have a very sought out material. Steed feed is used to make mounts! How ever, were here to make flux, so you will be selling the mounts (though i recommend getting your mastery up to 100 for chaos factor, 50 mastery points a mount baby.)
    You can of course, sell the steed feed. 1 steed feed = 50 flux.
    Which is neat, but if you wanna make profit,i recommend this.
    Note: There are items called insta growers you can buy to instantly grow a 10x10 area. The prices for it i do not know.

If you already do not have them buy a Meownt or Pemblock from the market (They can cost about 1500 flux minimum). Mounts usually cost 250 steed feed and certain materials (Materials vary from ores usually) The ratio depends on the mount you craft and it's demand (not the case usually) So here is a rough estimate. 8000-13,000+++ per mount. If its a mount that uses easy to get materials, it's usually the lower priced ones but you still make a profit for any flux you spent on it.
    Note: I recommend harvesting compost, bulbs, and steed feed on Monday for a 20% bonus.

Bonus Methods: Collecting radiant shards is a good way for quick(ish) flux, they reside in club worlds after activating a "Dark heart". They also drop from radiant giants. I recommend bringing friends for both. you also get a chance at radiant caches (Higher drop rate of radiant caches from giants) they usually contain more radiant shards or a rare mount (price unknown for me) Caches themselves sell for 700 flux minimally.
    Crafting rings is another neat way but its a gamble. This requires "Lord of the rings" last tier in ring crafting profession. This also will use a lot of shapestone (and primordial flame) and other materials. You have chances of getting shadow level 3 and 4 rings from the boxes. LASERMANCY RINGS ARE CONSIDERED USELESS AMONG THE COMMUNITY.
    The prices of the rings depend on the stats.
    Health, physical damage, magical damage rings are what people sought out. Here are the prices if they have the following stats with them:
    Shadow level 3: Stability and crit hit: 2000 flux (crit hit would be higher price if it wasn't for Sure strike emblem)
    Shadow level 3: Energy regen, Health regen, Magic find, Jump = 4000-6000 flux. (More sought out)
    Shadow level 4: Crit hit and Stability = 10,000 - 20,000+ (Again, if it has these stats ppl would only get them for the shadow level)
    Shadow level 4: Energy regen, Health regen, Magic find, Jump = 40,000 - 100,000++ (I'm not even joking about this ratio, if you have these stats on them then you're in for some BANK!)
    Note: getting shadow level 3 and 4 rings are VERY rare. especially level 4.

Thank you for reading this guide, if it was handy (in the least if it was) Let me know, i'll add more methods and more prices for the other materials i didn't list in here.

lol I appreciate you making this thread but that red font makes my eyes bleed violently, I'd recommend changing that to a more non-epilepsy inducing color xD this thang is pretty in-depth though
    "you can't see me" -John Cena

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoxuz View Post
    lol I appreciate you making this thread but that red font makes my eyes bleed violently, I'd recommend changing that to a more non-epilepsy inducing color xD this thang is pretty in-depth though
    Yea i thought the red was a little strong, i'll get on that!

your mining pricelist is not right, looks old

Quote Originally Posted by Salavatore View Post
    100 steed feed = 1000 flux
    And insta-growers cover a 10 x 10 area (100 steed feed seeds) and are ~50 flux each right now.
    No patience required.
    Feel free to go check out my mods. Any feedback is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by muhcube View Post
    your mining pricelist is not right, looks old
    I appreciate updated prices if you would like to contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Badges View Post
    And insta-growers cover a 10 x 10 area (100 steed feed seeds) and are ~50 flux each right now.
    No patience required.
    Hmm, seems that is on my fault then, i guess i've been selling it too cheap. I'll adjust the ratio and put insta grower in notes~ Usually flux pinchers prefer to wait xD (me)

Mining list is old please use the market place as the current rate for all items not the trade chat and using the market place allows for easy to see price changes I wouldn't list any prices anyways just because they change way to much and will be annoying to keep updating this form but rather then that good guide
    Mastery Level: 222
    IGN: ALG_RAMPAGE_X
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Trovesaurus Mod Database: http://www.trovesaurus.com/ | VoxelBusters: http://www.voxelbusters.net | Referral Link: http://www.trovesaurus.com/link.php?id=223 Referral Code: XMHNDX3RWLNQGWNGLDFH

I actually did use the market place. This is the result of what i got. So the newbie people have an idea what to sell them at. Would putting a "Prices can be higher" be a better solution then? I appreciate some help.

definitly nice to have a guide out there for the newer people among us !
    Proud founder, leader and architect of: "Heaven Unchained"!
    Mastery: 300+
    IGN: Tyreuzs

/joinworld 2051895800902564143

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast