+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why players keep moving while stunned in PvP?

Unhappy Why players keep moving while stunned in PvP?

Just why? This is not lag, this is not high ping, this is not low fps, this is not bad aim...

I place the trap in one block, the player stunned should stay in this block and on this block only.

but it keeps teleporting many blocks away, like he could still move. This is just frustrating when you're really trying to play and it happens all the time, everytime.

God please, fix it, i'm already losing a lot of time playing for the rewards, and playing it is just so frustrating.

Ps: An invisible banner feature would be nice too...
    IGN: Etherbl || /joinworld Etherion Temple

Yeah, this happens to me to when I am an Ice Sage using my ult.. Sometimes they don't even die ;c
    ---> IGN: CaptainKillerz <---

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKillerz View Post
    Yeah, this happens to me to when I am an Ice Sage using my ult.. Sometimes they don't even die ;c
    LOL it's got an AOE what??

The movement stunned is probably most noticeable for Shadow Hunters. Good luck getting reliable hits when people are jumping around.. but that 2block movement is killer when the shot doesnt hit.. I noticed with the shadow hunter sometimes my Radiant arrow doesnt even land the people that dont move..

So clients' movement is handled as such:

Client says to the server that it moved from A to B, and then from B to C.
    If the server agrees that the movement from B to C is valid, then the server moves the client to C even if the movement from A to B was not valid.
    Now let's say the client was stunned by something at B.
    Server doesn't care, and lets the client move to C even if it happened after the fact that the client should have been stuck at B, since the movement was valid from B to C.

Now on the client's end the movement wasn't ever impaired when moving A through C due to latency.

What needs to be done is that the server needs to say that the movement from anywhere past B shouldn't happen since the event at B forbids motion.
    The client will snap back into the old position, but the position that is accurate.

People will feel this and it will feel like rubberbanding, but it is accurate to the server.
    Some mitigation can happen to help stop this by sending clients the positions of snares for client prediction to happen.
    This won't help AoE effects from rubberbanding since you can't predict when an Ice Sage is going to pop that stun.

And before anyone states.. Yes, cheaters will always cheat and the current and suggested system both can be gamed by cheaters.
    It's better to just deal with the cheaters and provide a smoother experience for those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKillerz View Post
    If they are dodging while you ult them, they are invulnerable for the entire duration. Most ice sage players suck and are predictable with their ult. Use this info to your advantage

+ Reply to Thread