+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A VERY GOOD IDEA about Battle Boxes!

Lightbulb A VERY GOOD IDEA about Battle Boxes!

I just heard that you get one box every 80 minutes you play PvP. Some people calculated that with full Battle Factor, it requires about 10 hours to get every chest. That's just... too much.
    Now compare it to other activities. Shadow Tower: you need to do this every week for special chests. But the stronger/better you are, you can do it faster. Challenges: you can do them every hour, but depending on your effort/luck, completing one may take only 5 minutes or even less.

And here's the idea: Battle Points
    It would be a hidden stat, which makes you gain Battle Boxes more often. How does this work?

(NOTE: These are just example numbers)
    You get one BP from each kill/point you score. You get two BP if your team lose and you killed/scored anything. You get 4 BP if your team wins and you killed/scored anything. If you didn't manage to score/kill, but you did some damage, you get 1 bonus BP.

Each BP decreases the time to get next Box by 1 minute. So for example, if in one match you captured one flag and killed two players and your team won, you will get another Box 9 minutes earlier.

You get Boxes ONLY when you got at least one Battle Point. Time counts as normally, but when it reaches 80 minutes, you won't get reward until you get at least one BP.
    So this system rewards taking more effort in PvP and punishes AFKers.

You'd say that this way PvP will get competitive. No, it won't. It's like with ST or challengers or anything else: the more effort you put, the more rewards you will get. But you can still get the rewards if you completely suck at it, but it will just take more time.

EDIT:
    So I though that exp should also be affected by effort. So for this, another hidden stat: Exp battle Points (EP for short). You gain EP same way as BP, but with some additional rules. You lose all EP when you quit PvP or gain no BP in battle (so if you don't kill/capture etc.).

With 0 EP, you gain no exp. With 1 EP, you get 80% of normal exp and you get 2 more % for each EP. The cap is 120%, meaning to get full exp bonus, you need to score 21 kills or 7 captures (if pointed with my numbers as above). And these kills/captures carry over matches until you leave PvP or go AFK.

Victory bonus is counted from your exp gain. If you have 11 EP, you gain 100% of normal exp and with win bonus, you get 120%. When you have 21 EP, you get 120% normal exp and 144% if you win.

So you get the idea, now give me +1s for it (or complain, some people like to complain)
    DCHDC3YP96RRTEZJYLRY
    ^
    Click this link or apply the code if you are below Mastery 20. You will get a free Class Coin and help me get a dragon. Thanks!

My class suggestions:
    Shaman, Gunjurer, Archer Archer, Athlete, Shadow Samurai

Other suggestions:
    Better Battle Box system / / Expanding exploration / / Gem system overhaul / / Anti-leech loot distribution / / Resell button / / Lore implementation / / Better class changing

Banned
    Agree with this idea +1

Good idea allthough i would let the devs decide when it comes to numbers then
    Proud founder, leader and architect of: "Heaven Unchained"!
    Mastery: 300+
    IGN: Tyreuzs

/joinworld 2051895800902564143

This idea is amazing.

I started sem-afking myself in pvp games solely due to the amount of other AFK'ers and imbalance of IS.

It's a good idea, but what if someone open all his 10 accounts and score like 30 kills in one match?

A good idea!

I just wonder why the devs dont come on such ideas.
    Feels like "lalala cant hear you" everytime I see a great idea on forum.
    IGN: Ezcaflowne - Mastery 300 - Battle Rank: 50
    Visit the Fortras Lancer Mod made by Delicious and Pirate Joe!! click HERE <3
    Check out Datguy80 fortras ally mod, its awesome, too! click HERE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 500Minions View Post
    It's a good idea, but what if someone open all his 10 accounts and score like 30 kills in one match?
    It's double sided blade, but they can nerf the amount BP from kill, like 0.1 or 0.2

tbh we still need a permanent reward system... its day 2 and i'm 6/8 of my battle boxes I don't see the advantage in having to make people who play a lot of PvP wait a week until they can get more battle boxes. It just makes PvP near pointless in terms of rewards once you have got your weekly cap.

Cool

Finally my idea got some support.
    Everything goes as expected ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreuzs View Post
    Good idea allthough i would let the devs decide when it comes to numbers then
    I noted in first post that these numbers are just example. But I still tried to make them somewhat balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by 500Minions View Post
    Well, that's just Trion's problem, as they are the ones who allowed multi-accounts. They could just ensure that multiple accounts of one player can't be in one arena match. I'm sure they have tools to check this, otherwise there wouldn't be IP limitation.
    DCHDC3YP96RRTEZJYLRY
    ^
    Click this link or apply the code if you are below Mastery 20. You will get a free Class Coin and help me get a dragon. Thanks!

My class suggestions:
    Shaman, Gunjurer, Archer Archer, Athlete, Shadow Samurai

Other suggestions:
    Better Battle Box system / / Expanding exploration / / Gem system overhaul / / Anti-leech loot distribution / / Resell button / / Lore implementation / / Better class changing

I can't see myself playing more than 40 minutes a week... for 1 box

+ Reply to Thread