+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Class Idea] Shadow Samurai

Lightbulb [Class Idea] Shadow Samurai

Former inhabitant and warrior of Shadow realm, he turned away from evil and now uses his dark powers to fight for the Light.

This time a sword class. But instead of normal swords, this class wields greatswords. They are normal meelee weapons, but with model 2 (or more) times bigger. This also affects his battle stance, making him keep his weapon on his shoulder when not fighting (think of Auron from FFX).

Weapon: Greatsword

Passive: Zen
    Jumping doesn't stop energy regeneration.

Primary Attack: Sword Smash
    Samurai makes a massive vertical swing, with sword crashing on ground. When attack is performed while in air, character will still hit the ground, but doing AoE damage. The higher attack is executed, it will deal more damage (with some reasonable limits of course).

Secondary Attack: Sword Spin
    Samurai grabs his sword in both hands and makes a full spin. You can spam-click this attack to spin until you run out of energy. If you time your clicks well with the spinning, it will get damage bonus. However attack gets weaker the less energy you have.

First Skill: Shadow Sword
    Samurai actvates his shadow powers. He will start to lose HP slowly, but he can lifesteal on attacks. He gets also damage bonus and his attacks get additional properties. Normal attack creates a frontal shockwave that travels few blocks forward, has lifestaling properties and does same damage as grounded attack. Spinning creates small shadow whirlpools that travel ahead a bit and slightly draw enemies inside, also leeching their HP.
    The key to use this ability is to deal enough damage to compensate HP loss.

Ultimate Skill: Shadow Trigram
    Samurai summons a massive sword to fall from the sky, that deals heavy AoE damage on impact. He can use it up to 3 times before triggering cooldown. When 3 swords fall close enough to each other and there's no obstacles between them, they form a Shadow Trigram. Samurai inside Trigram will have his Shadow Sword automatically active and he won't lose HP. Lifesteal distributes HP to allies inside Trigram and enemies in area of spell with take minor damage and have lowered stats. Trigram disappears after few seconds. When swords are too far from each other, they will just disappear.

It's probably not the most original of my classes, but jump-attacking and territory attack are rather rarely suggested. Also if this class somehow comes into game, imagine messages in global chat: "inv me st lvl 40 SS with SS". Yeah, fun.

On a side note, I was sort of flooding this forum with my class ideas recently and now there's one for each weapon. But sadly, while they are quite original, they almost don't get support or comments at all. I think there's a tendency here, that too long threads or with proper grammar, they are just ignored. I can't understand why some generic ideas or even without content, just seem to get more attention. I don't want to say that my ideas are the best ever, but they are at least well-written and creative. You can see all my previous classes in my signature.

The ultimate sounds quite similar to LL's ultimate. But I would like to play this class. I was also thinking about how another sword class could be like. but this idea is better than my ideas were.

I think people are not that interested in class suggestions. those topics never seem to get much attention. Maybe bump it a few times =)

sounds nice

I would like to see this class in the game. It sounds like it could have a lot of potential if worked on.

This is a bit OP. I mean, if the HP you lose in while in SS mode is only like 10% a second and you gain 4% of your HP back, you will be like rev. Life stealing and being immortal. And the Sword Smash is just ridiculous. If you keep jumping, you will continually gain energy while spamming jumps and your Primary. Zen is a good idea, but just change your normal attack. Also yeah, the ult is like LL but a lot better. All of the skills are too overpowered so just change either the rate of life steal or the ideas. Personally, I like the ideas.

^
    So you are telling me that this class is OP, even if I didn't give a single number? Everything is subject to balance and I purposefully haven't given any numbers, because I'm not good in this stuff.
    The only non-number thing that could be tweaked is that ultimate could only decrease the life loss, not completely stop it. But it's an ultimate, and it requires a careful positioning, so it's not that OP, really. LL ult makes him just drop his spear and you get the buff around it. SS's ult requires him to drop 3 weapons and you only get the buff in the triangle area between them. So if you screw with positioning, you will waste ult. It actually requires some strategy.

Also for jumping, remember that it's a melee class. When you "jump and spam your primary", you are exposed to enemy attacks while you hit the ground. And if this smash made you immobile for a short while, you have to be careful where you attack.
    The smash could stun either enemies or you, which could potentially make this class too strong or useless. So I just gave a general outline for the skills, with a detail depth that wouldn't make them completely broken (to the point where you can't even rebalance them).

Love the idea man!!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Under Mastery Rank 20 and Want a Class Coin? Simply use me as your Referral by using this code Z6LX79YPRDF37EHNHYMF and applying it onto your account from this website https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/co...m-voucher-flow

do you want to khow or you sopposed to khow?
    i love the idea about greatsword like a sword that is lifted with 2 hands

Shadow Tower-Update anyone? Kudos on this old but still amazing idea

The picture is a mod that is not mine but this gave me a great feel of nostalgia: this mod was my favorite mod of all for the candy barb (the red version made it ingame lately)

http://i.imgur.com/XS0BAQH.jpg
    When life gives you lemons, make an incredible, voxel-style, action-RPG and call it Treasurechest!

Sounds nice.

+ Reply to Thread