+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Class Idea] Athlete

Lightbulb [Class Idea] Athlete

Now, that is original. Great sportsman, multiple medalist, he now decided to fight evil forces.

Weapon: Spear

Passive: Long Jump
    Athlete's jump distance is greatly increased the faster he moves before leaping. He deals splash damage where he lands, depending on his jump strength.
    Another his unique trait is that he has lower acceleration than other classes, so he has to run slightly longer distance before reaching full speed.

Primary Attack: Javelin Throw
    Athlete throws his spear which will stick into ground. The faster he moves before throwing, the further spear can fly and deal more damage. While in ground, spear attacks up to 2 more times until it disappears. When it meets enemy while flying, it will just fall down to that spot.
    Obviously, speed increases damage only if you run in the direction you throw.

Secondary Attack: Discus Throw
    Athlete throws a discus. It behaves similarly to javelin, but has more range and pierces up to 10 enemies. It will break when hitting ground, dealing splash damage. This skill uses energy for throw.

First Skill: 100 Metres
    Athlete starts to sprint (and can't stop) and his movement speed greatly increases. He will damage enemies that he comes in contact and he will avoid weak attacks. Skill is toggleable and energy drains while running, similar to Tomb Raisers Banshee Boon.

Ultimate Skill: Medalist
    Athlete enters into a temporary medal-thirsy mode. His energy becomes infinite and he can gain medal by doing damage to enemies. He starts with no medals, but when reaches certain damage threshold, he gains bronze, silver and gold. Each medal increases his stats. Bronze increases PD, HP Regen, AS and MS by 20%. Silver increases bronze stats + Crit and Jump, all by 50%. Golden medal activates Champion Mode. All previous stats + Max HP are increased by 100%. His other skills improve. His jump deal damage in air, he can spam javelins continuously, his discus pierces infinite enemies and his running mode makes him dodge 85% of all attacks (or all?). Champion mode duration depends on how fast he earned golden medal.
    Threshold for damage per medal increases with Athlete's level in some clever way, so he can still manage to reach gold medal. This also means that lowering Athlete's level will make him gain Champion quicker (if you keep your damage), but it will be useless.
    Current medal shows above Athlete's head or somewhere else that makes sense.

Athlete is a class relying heavily on movement. And with damage depending on his current speed (mounts wouldn't count), he is the only class that has advantage of movement speed other than dodging.

If you like this class, you can check my signature for my other ideas.

the only problem i have is, that the primary attack is set with running, what u cant really do in most dungeons or lairs

Just the name. Athlete???

^
    What's wrong with this name? I know I could name it like Medalist Hero, but e.g. Gunslinger and Knight are actually sort of "ordinary" names too, so Athlete isn't completely out of place and it fits his skills.

damn, its a good idea but it is too reliant on the other skills instead of the primary attack. otherwise, i love it

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    ^
    What's wrong with this name? I know I could name it like Medalist Hero, but e.g. Gunslinger and Knight are actually sort of "ordinary" names too, so Athlete isn't completely out of place and it fits his skills.
    athlete isn't a class, or division of profession.
    it's a career.

just 'Medalist' sounds fine.

It's a sign

i think that a class that uses movement to attack would be a fun spin and give the movement speed stat a little more use (other than moving quicker). P.S. what would the class gem be? maybe the discus will move around and hunt enemies
    熱狂! :0

Quote Originally Posted by libby_skypjop View Post
    P.S. what would the class gem be?
    That's a good question, because current abilities are based on athletic pentathlon (in case no one noticed). The only one left would be long run, if going to fit the theme.
    A modifier for current abilities would be good too, especially if there will be more class gems.

+ Reply to Thread