+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Class Idea] Gunjurer

Lightbulb [Class Idea] Gunjurer

Gunjurer is user of magic gun, that can conjure different objects (hence the name). He is master of elements.

Weapon: Gun

Passive: Elemental Reel
    With each attack/skill use, Gunjurer changes his elemental. He can use 4 elements: fire, ice, lighting and darkness, and the one he will use in next attack can be seen by his look (some effect indicating current element or something). Elements are chosen randomly and have different effects on enemy: fire will cause damage over time, ice will slow down and increase taken damage by 10%, lighting will stun briefly and darkness will disable abilities (including enemy mods). Elements apply to all Gunjurers attacks/skills.

Primary Attack: The Ball
    Shoots a ball that will bounce off walls and enemies. It will bounce 2 times and on third hit it will explode, damaging enemies in small radius.

Secondary Attack: Proximity Tree
    Shoots a seed that will fall on ground. It will then sprout into a tree which will grow over time. When enemy comes near tree, the tree will explode. Radius and damage of explosion depends on how much time the tree was growing.

First Skill: Moth Swarm
    Conjures a swarm of moths. Each moth is individual projectile and will home to chosen enemy.

Ultimate Skill: Meteor Shot
    Charges gun with meteor power. It will now shoot normal bullets and when bullet hits, it summons a meteor to fall on that spot. Meteor explodes on hit and damages surrounding enemies.

All skill are affected by passive (as said earlier), so meteors, tree, swarm and ball, all have additional effect (also visual) depending on current element.

EDIT:
    Class gem: Elemental Love (replaces passive)
    Adds one more element to Gunjurer's arsenal: Love. All projectiles of this element will heal allies, that come in proximity to them. So if Love The Ball will fly through you, or you are surrounded by Love Moth Swarm etc., you get healed slightly.

Class gem: Bat Swarm (replaces 1)
    Instead of moths, Gunjurer sends a swarm of bats. Bats focus on one enemy, instead of targetting multiple foes, so you can use this class gem to deal high singular damage, instead of AoE.

Class gem: Magnetic Thorn Chains (replaces M2)
    Shoots a chain that will entangle enemy and deal damage over time. Chains attract to each other, so if you chain multiple enemies, they will be drawn to one spot. Damage from chains stack to multiple enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    Gunjurer is user of magic gun, that can conjure different objects (hence the name). He is master of elements.

Weapon: Gun

Passive: Elemental Reel
    With each attack/skill use, Gunjurer changes his elemental. He can use 4 elements: fire, ice, lighting and darkness, and the one he will use in next attack can be seen by his look (some effect indicating current element or something). Elements are chosen randomly and have different effects on enemy: fire will cause damage over time, ice will slow down and increase taken damage by 10%, lighting will stun briefly and darkness will disable abilities (including enemy mods). Elements apply to all Gunjurers attacks/skills.

Primary Attack: The Ball
    Shoots a ball that will bounce off walls and enemies. It will bounce 2 times and on third hit it will explode, damaging enemies in small radius.

Secondary Attack: Proximity Tree
    Shoots a seed that will fall on ground. It will then sprout into a tree which will grow over time. When enemy comes near tree, the tree will explode. Radius and damage of explosion depends on how much time the tree was growing.

First Skill: Moth Swarm
    Conjures a swarm of moths. Each moth is individual projectile and will home to chosen enemy.

Ultimate Skill: Meteor Shot
    Charges gun with meteor power. It will now shoot normal bullets and when bullet hits, it summons a meteor to fall on that spot. Meteor explodes on hit and damages surrounding enemies.

All skill are affected by passive (as said earlier), so meteors, tree, swarm and ball, all have additional effect (also visual) depending on current element.
    I kind of like this idea, and the more I think about it, the more I start to like it. But the abilities I feel do not put focus on the elements you mentioned (other than the passive). It seems VERY aoe oriented, which is good, but very overpowered if not balanced with the numbers (I'm not a math guy lol). Perhaps just one meteor, the moths don't "hone" in on the targets but rather move slowly forward to get a few extra 'ticks'. The ball is by far my favorite idea here, especially in Trove. The bouncing ball damaging blocks and hitting multiple enemies is great.

+1 on this idea, after a little more detail smoothing. An elementalist is right where this game needs to go.

Under your bed! In your closet! behind the shower curtain!
    guns already are magic (sadly) which makes no sense to me
    Kill me...
    please
    I'm not kidding.

IGN: Ships

Wow, so finally someone bumped my class topic. (I hope other classes will get interest too)

Anyways, currently guns aren't magic, they have only damage based on your magic damage. Guns couldn't be based on physical damage - bullet damage doesn't depend on how strong you press the trigger. So the idea is that you can magically empower your shots with your magic energy.
    That doesn't mean the guns are magic. Like Gunslinger - he wields a totally legit 2 revolvers shooting energy bullets. Pirate Captain shoots some explosive cannon-like projectiles. Both of them can shoot only one type of bullet from their gun. Gunslinger's gun has probably just few shooting modes, which release the energy in a different manner. Think of his weapons as of laser blasters.

And then there's the Gunjurer, whose gun shoots variety of projectiles, which are more like spells than normal bullets. This certainly makes his gun magical, like shooting staff handgun.

idk, I'm a league player and everything I know about ADCs (attack damage carries) and the gunslinger made no sense and the first 13 levels I was building PD on him. It was at that moment I was like "Oh! That's why I do no damage!" After switching to MD I noticed absolutely no change to damage. Woot gunslinger... you were my first and worst *cries*

~~~~~~| IGN : Bananaboms |~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Find me on the Trovesaurus Discord | ~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~| Recently Accepted Mod: [Aura] Musical Melee Aura! |~~~~~~

Bump, I think.

I added some class gem ideas. Gunjurer is a fun class, because you just can replace skills with different objects, which change the playstyle, instead of being a simple upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread