+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Class Idea] Shaman

Lightbulb [Class Idea] Shaman

Shaman is an expert of black magic, specializing in DOT, AOE damage and debuffs.

Weapon: Staff

Passive: Bloody Aura
    When Shaman takes damage, red aura surrounds him. The more hits/damage he takes, the more strength aura gains , increasing intensity and expanding. Aura and it's strength affects Shamans attacks and it starts to disappear when out of battle for too long (like over 10 secs).
    Since aura builds up when taking damage, Shaman also has a defense bonus. When he has no aura, 50% of the damage is absorbed and transferred into his passive. This absorption decreases as he has more aura, until he can't build it up anymore, thus taking full damage from attacks.

Primary Attack: Pain
    Shaman focuses his magic on enemy to cause damaging implosion (think of Anima from FFX). Damaged enemy gets stunned for 1 second. When aura is active, surrounding enemies will share it's pain, taking damage, which amount and range depends on aura strength.
    Use: Target an enemy and hold LMB to charge attack. It needs to be charged fully, which takes 1 sec or so, and damage is inflicted directly to enemy. Time you need to charge attack depends on your attack speed and it depends on stability if the charging can be cancelled.

Secondary Attack: Poisonous Dash
    Shaman does a backdash, leaving a poisonous shroud behind. The shroud lasts for few seconds and poisons enemies in it's area. Poison lasts for few seconds (renewing when in shroud) and poisoned enemies take damage over time and deal 15% less damage.
    When aura's strength is over half of it's capacity, Shaman leaves also a decoy. Enemies attacking decoy take backfire, restoring also very slight amount of health to Shaman.

First Skill: Rain Dance
    Shaman creates a cloud over him that rain acid. Enemies in range of rain take damage (rate of damage depends on aura) and are inflicted defense melting, which makes them take 15% more damage from attacks (excluding rain).

Ultimate Skill: Calamity
    Shaman discharges all his aura to summon a herd of deadly maggots. Maggots have a limited lifetime and are immune to damage. Their number and lifetime depends on strength of discharged aura, but their lifetime is also randomized slightly, so they don't disappear all at once. Enemies attacked by maggots will aggro to them. When maggot dies, it leaves behind a poisonous shroud similar to secondary attack, but it lasts much shorter and has weaker poison.

I intentionally didn't give any numbers (except debuff %), including cooldown and energy costs, because it's all subject to balance anyway and I'm no good in that stuff.

EDIT:
    Class gem: Siphon Aura (replaces passive)
    Shaman no longer gains aura from taking damage, and the damage he takes is not reduced. However, he can gain his aura by dealing damage, so he becomes stronger the more he attacks. He can build up more aura than from normal passive, but he will also lose parts of his aura when taking damage.
    Aura color changes to yellow/green.

Cool, and the shaman is a magic/tank class with a staff... will be cool after Revenant, i think Trion needs to see your post. I WANT THIS CLASS!!!

a debuff/dot class would be interesting, i could dig it

Look interessing , but watching his skills , the name "Shaman" is not the best one , somethings like the Disease Wizard/Knight can be more appropiate i think.

^
    Shamans are usually associated with blood/voodoo magic and curses (and rain dance), so I think it's fitting. But of course, if Trion ever wants to make such class, they are free to change the name or even some skills and balance everything to their liking.

Reviving the topic. Since class gems are a thing now, I thought I would add one (maybe for other of my classes too, but that's for later). See the first post for description.

Remember when class gems were advertised as "changing the way you play your class"? Well, most of them were just straight buffs instead of real changes.
    For my class I came up with something unique. I had to change passive slightly for that.

The passive absorbs the damage you take to build up "aura". And because of this damage reduction, regular Shaman can take somewhat a tank role.
    However, the class gem changes the way passive works. You build up your aura by dealing damage and lose your defense bonus. Also, it will slowly lose the aura when taking damage. The advantage is that you can build up more aura, and because it affects your skills, it will increase your damage. And because you don't need to "take damage to deal damage" anymore, you can keep safe distance from your enemies, retaining your effectiveness.
    So by simple passive change, from tank you become a DPS/glass cannon/whatever the term is. This doesn't make you require the gem to upgrade your class, but change the way you play it to the one that fits you - the true purpose of class gems (as it was supposed to be).

No idea why am I writing this, like this class was going to be added to game or something _
    Anyways, please don't put these stupid necro images. This is a suggestion topic and keeps its relevance even if a year has passed.

Bump, awesome class idea
    Road to mastery: LVL 330+
    300 Mastery as of: 12/8/2016
    IGN: 3happyChris

Click Here To Refer Me!

Referal Code: 2PQTTT3C6PWJFXE2KK6P

+ Reply to Thread