+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will it take for the price of the Trove of Wonders to get really painful?

Banned

How long will it take for the price of the Trove of Wonders to get really painful?

I'm pretty sure quite a lot of people will spend plenty of flux next week when the update goes live and some will boast about how lucky they were and some others will complain about the opposite. Who cares, though?

What I'm really curious about is how long will it take for people to complain about these new boxes and their price. Most of the flux that's circulating has been there since challenges first came out (remember when you got a full stack of flux just by playing 3-4 challenges? oh, the memories). Generating flux now is not as easy, and by "generating" I don't mean "obtaining" (e.g. trading), but actually deconstructing items, opening ST caches, etc. Because, you know, 9999 flux a box will eventually drain the market and at that moment I bet spending that much for a single box will be really, really painful.

"But the guaranteed rare...!" - Just to mind you, even if that triggers at 70 boxes, that's still 700.000 flux you have to spend. And even if Avarem jokes in the stream about the marketplace being a great way to get flux, the problem stays the same: the marketplace can't generate flux, it simply will make go around between players.

Right now it may seem fine since a lot of you are sitting on tons of flux but the majority of players are not, and I'm pretty sure that even those rich guys will eventually complain about the drop in prices. What about a drop in the price of the Trove of Wonders in the future? I can totally see a lot of complaints as well. Maybe U6 will be full of people farming again instead of sitting on their wealth expecting to obtain absolutely everything without moving a finger! Ah, what a bright future awaits us.

tl;dr: Trove, not as casual as you thought it to be, huh?

can get 9999 flux still easy farming u6
    IGN: Whiskerz

Voted #2 Sexiest Doge in Trove

this price isn't as bad as you think. For what it contains, I could've bought one or two a week (I didn't merch mind you) prior to challenges. Now that we have dragon caches and Shaper's Vision boxes, as well as a higher magic find, this price point will allow me to buy ten or so a week with no effort. but that is just my situation.
    40217 (40542 w/ bonus exp from levels 1-10) Mastery Experience // Lvl. 405

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskerz View Post
    can get 9999 flux still easy farming u6
    I can get quite a lot farming U6 as well but deconstructing itself doesn't yield much. It's the forged souls what yields flux when you sell them, and again, that's by no means generating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    I can get quite a lot farming U6 as well but deconstructing itself doesn't yield much. It's the forged souls what yields flux, and again, that's by no means generating it.
    I don't know. I generate about 400-600f a trip to the deconstructor. I can make 2-3 trips an hour. Don't forget dragon caches or Shaper's vision caches. While the latter might not be exceedingly accessible, the prior is.
    40217 (40542 w/ bonus exp from levels 1-10) Mastery Experience // Lvl. 405

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Siarcin View Post
    I don't know. I generate about 400-600f a trip to the deconstructor. I can make 2-3 trips an hour. Don't forget dragon caches or Shaper's vision caches. While the latter might not be exceedingly accessible, the prior is.
    Obviously if you play religiously you will get more boxes in your hands than the average player but still that's a lot of farming for a single box. Remember that these were designed to drain the huge amounts of flux that is circulating, which was created mostly back when challenges were different. The moment this stabilizes (and this can take a few weeks, I'm aware of that) spending that much on a single box to get nothing out of it will be a little frustrating to say the least.

Even chaos coins will seem easy to get in comparison (since you can still spend real money on chaos chests, plus a lot of them are generated on a daily basis thanks to the chaos factor). These new mounts, while in the hands of a few players even on the first day (I'm sure about it) will take months, if not a year+ to be in the hands of the average players. While I'm not 100% against this, I think we could have used another method that didn't involve pure RNG, like a recipe that conintad a lot of materials. That would have been better than pure gambling in my opinion, specially when it comes to 9999 flux per try.

I'd say they are fairly easy to get. Doing STs can easily grant you around 50k per week (more if you're lucky) and if you're smart and do good trades you can definitely buy a lot of them in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKayM View Post
    I'd say they are fairly easy to get. Doing STs can easily grant you around 50k per week (more if you're lucky) and if you're smart and do good trades you can definitely buy a lot of them in a week.
    trading does not equal generating flux. As the op said.

Obviously if you play religiously you will get more boxes in your hands than the average player but still that's a lot of farming for a single box. Remember that these were designed to drain the huge amounts of flux that is circulating, which was created mostly back when challenges were different. The moment this stabilizes (and this can take a few weeks, I'm aware of that) spending that much on a single box to get nothing out of it will be a little frustrating to say the least.

Even chaos coins will seem easy to get in comparison (since you can still spend real money on chaos chests, plus a lot of them are generated on a daily basis thanks to the chaos factor). These new mounts, while in the hands of a few players even on the first day (I'm sure about it) will take months, if not a year+ to be in the hands of the average players. While I'm not 100% against this, I think we could have used another method that didn't involve pure RNG, like a recipe that conintad a lot of materials. That would have been better than pure gambling in my opinion, specially when it comes to 9999 flux per try.
    A year+ Let's break that down using some math shall we? Now if you were to do the ST completely every week, that comes to 5 shapers vision a week (now lets see how many that comes to JUST FROM THAT) so we have something like, oh, 6k or so flux per shapers vision when we average it out. That comes to about 30k GENERATED just from Shadow tower per week. Then we have something like Dragon challenges. Every hour on the hour you can get 4 dragon caches if you finish the 2nd challenge. so figure on average you get 1.5k or so maybe even 2k from that. If you play for 5 hours a day, you get get close to 10k flux generated just from that. Then multiply that by a week, bam you are getting about 100k generated flux, per week, from those two sources.

Using NO OTHER SOURCES you can generate 100k a week.

The whole point of end game content is to NOT be accessable to the casual player. These are pure "Show off" items, they don't hinder your ability to do u6 by not having them, etc. That is their entire point. For rich players to show off "Look at me I am rich!"

TL;DR You can GENERATE enough pure flux playing about 5 hours a day not even with much effort (just need to be on for 5 challenges) to generate 100k a week, on average. If you actually work towards it.

That basically translates to after 7 weeks of playing you will have gotten at least ONE rare from the trove of wonders. Not a year...
    IGN Lollipoptimus_Prime

tl;dr: Trove, not as casual as you thought it to be, huh?
    you're still under the illusion that trove is a game.
    LEADER OF THE WORLDS MOST ELITE TROVE CLUB (201, 206, 217)

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...rienemies*****

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast