+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trove 2K+ Resolution Problems

Trove 2K+ Resolution Problems

I recently bought a new monitor for playing Trove at a higher resolution than Full HD. The new screen is WQHD or 2560 x 1440. Much to my disappointment, Trove has some big rendering problems.

Attempts to scale the UI up do not work. It wouldn't even be so bad if I could make the text background a solid black. As it stands though, the colored text, particularly the purple is near impossible to read.

More blurry unreadable text in the hotbar.

Glitchy lines running though inventory.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Wow that must have been really disappointing D':

It actually used to be worse... But yeah, there should be improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatClam6MKV2 View Post
    Wow that must have been really disappointing D':
    It's extremely disappointing. It's hard to believe that the UI is broken on higher resolution monitors. Especially when a lot of devices are moving into the 4k realm.

I suspect this is going to be something they have to fix at some point. In the meantime though, they could at least give the option to have a fully opaque black background on the chat console. I can deal with the glitches and blurry icons, but trying to read chat like this is really difficult.

Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile

Oh god, sorry to hear that...
    I hope the devs fix that asap!
    No one should be that disappointed ;-;
    Proud founder, leader and architect of: "Heaven Unchained"!
    Mastery: 300+
    IGN: Tyreuzs

/joinworld 2051895800902564143

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreuzs View Post
    Oh god, sorry to hear that...
    I hope the devs fix that asap!
    No one should be that disappointed ;-;
    Because fixing something asap! for most likely WAY less than 1% of the population with 2-4k monitors should be a priority over the sheer amount of other problems this game faces is a good idea.

I'm sorry you purchased a monitor that doesn't work well with Trove, but I don't think it's going to be anywhere in the priority list Trion has for this game and I just don't see them pulling resources to "fix" something for such a small pool of players.

Now that I think about it. When it comes to Trove, do you REALLY need such a high resolution monitor for a game that uses graphics with simple non-complex shapes and colors in the first place? The game is meant to be simple and clean. I honestly have my doubts whether Trove will look any better at 2k than it does at 1080p.

I understand what you are saying about being a small percent of the user base, however you might consider a few things.

People who spend money on expensive hardware are the ones who are spending money on this game, keeping it going for the others. I don't think that a game company would want to have their game broken on hardware that is poised to be mainstream in the near future. That would mean new players coming in and trying the game wont stick around. These people also wont waste time filing tickets. They will just uninstall and tell others not to bother.

As far as whether a higher resolution screen is needed or not, sure it's not needed. You can run Trove on a much lower resolution device and it works fine. That's hardly the point though. The real question is whether Trove plans to keep up with modern society. Look at the iMac, the current versions have been out for a year and you can only get them in 4K or 5K. The laptop I bought a year ago last January had the option to add a 4K screen. Cell phones now are coming out with 1440 x 2560 screens. 1080 HD is quickly becoming a thing of the past. If game developers don't keep up, then they too will be a thing of the past.

I did get an email from Trion support that was more than just a canned reply. I'm really hoping the information and feedback can generate some positive results.

maybe the problem is your screen. took me like weeks to find a proper set up for running my desktop on my current screen.

either way. sry for you.
    Proud Officer of Heaven Unchained
    Mastery 307 and counting...

Get your Free Class Coin here!
    My Referral Code: YZH32TTYQNRFC7N3ERFZ

I've emailed them numerous times about 5-6 months ago and they had me do all these things to try to fix it and nothing worked.
    IGN: Definition | Voxel Busters Member | Mastery: 333

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    I understand what you are saying about being a small percent of the user base, however you might consider a few things.

People who spend money on expensive hardware are the ones who are spending money on this game, keeping it going for the others.
    C'mon now, even I know that's reaching..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast