Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Reports - How To, Why To, When To - Let's Stomp Them Out

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Bug Reports - How To, Why To, When To - Let's Stomp Them Out

Greetings Trovians!

Welcome to the new Bug Report Forum! We want to give you a place to go to report things that aren't working like they should.

Here is a template to use, just to let you know the kind of info that is helpful for us. While you may not be able to provide extensive details in all categories, the more info you can provide, the more quickly we can pin down and squash those bugs.

Reporting a Bug:
    Search these forums to see if your issue has already been reported. If it has add your comment to that thread. If it hasn't, make sure you post just one bug per report. A single thread with a generic title that lists a string of bugs is not going to be easy to track down and sort through.

Title your thread something related to the specifics of the bug you're reporting. Be specific.
    • Time: When did this happen? Give as specific a timeframe as possible. If it's always bugged, that's helpful to, so you can just say that.
    • Context: Where did you find this bug? Was it in a specific biome? Which? A specific lair? Which? If the bug is with a costume, which specific costume? The more details you provide, the more quickly we'll be able to replicate the issue.
    • Expected: In one sentence what did you expect to happen? Example: I summoned my mount and expected to spawn Slow Sebastion.
    • Observed: In one sentence what happened instead? Example: My character threw a bomb.
    • Repro Steps: Is this bug something you can easily reproduce? If so, give us a list of steps to reproduce it, so we can jump right into the fixing stage.
    • Screenshots: Non-scaled, cropped as tightly as possible to the area of the screen highlighting problem. You can post to a third party site and embed the image from that link here in the forums. Make sure that the image you post shows everything we need to see.

Bug Report Example:

Time: Friday, October 12th, at 3:30 PM GMT
    Context: I pressed H to teleport back to the Hub after defeating the Daughter of the Moon
    Expected: I expected to end up back in the Hub
    Observed: Instead, I drank a potion.
    Repro Steps:
    1. Go to Shadow Tower.
    2. Press H to teleport to Hub.
    3. Watch as character drinks a potion.

Thankful for this.

Time : As soon as MOP came out
    Context: when I logged in I was 283 mastery, after learning 2 mounts and levelling up my mastery is now at 283 but at 30/1400. I have been told 2 things, first that it's because 20 is no long highest rank so they took that away (which by the way is NOT fair no other game takes points away for maxing classes simply because the level is raised). Then I received this from Trion : We are working on getting a fix in place that should address that and hopefully return some of that removed mastery. I would recommend keeping an eye on the forums for any updates regarding that mastery change. So which is it?
    Expected: If you are going to take (effectively) mastery from us, then those players who are 300 already should in all fairness lose their yellow status until such time as they also pay their "mastery debt" There has been zero impact on the mastery taken from us for the dragons and now this, yet we are going backwards while those at 300 are laughing.
    Obsserved: This all being said, I think my account is somehow bugged for me to have lost SO much mastery points and I feel like I've wasted money yet again by getting the MOP early as I can't really play until this is sorted as each time I earn mastery, it messes up even more. Very frustrated that nobody cares to do anything about this mess and I've been getting different answers from your team. Please fix this so I can play again. It's also hard because this new MOP does NOT give any other ways to earn mastery aside from impossible to get mounts. The expensive gems give no mastery which we were lead to believe they would. Disappointed and frustrated.

Replying to my own thread. So finally someone ingame told me that Avarem posted here explaining this will be fixed on Tuesday!! Anyone else wondering about it there is our answer. We will be getting back the mastery on Tuesday, so please ignore my rant above

There is a bug with the Myco Medic costume.
    When you throw a "Mushroom" just looks like the normal Chloromancer plant.

Why is my friend I can not see when he opens bookmark friends ?!

Exclamation Sound bug

when: as soon as todays patch
    where: any adventure world
    bug: hearing something or someone taking DMG nonstop
    why: not triggered by anything just happens to everyone
    add notes: would love to hear from a dev that they acknowledge the fact that this bug is present

Time: Approximately 2 weeks ago, between 15th May and May 21st.
    Context: Game launcher bug (glyph)
    Expectation: I expected for my glyph to open.
    Observed: My glyph not showing up and closing itself immediately.
    Repro Steps: Opening glyph. I think it only works for me though.

Info: I didn't do anything different that day. The bug/glitch just accured by itself. I can still open Glyph with steam, but not from my glyph client. In about May 20th I noticed that the programm was still running after 'closing' itself, but didn't show itself (Noticed 50 Quintillion glyphs running in my task manager). Now when I open it, it requires my password (Probably because I entered it from steam), and when I'm done typing it, glyph disguises itself again.

Edit: After the recent glyph update the bug was fixed. Thanks

Time: Wednesday,May 24th, around 8 PM
    Context: I used class coin to unlock new class
    Expected: I expected to get my new class unlocked
    Observed: Instead the class coin got consumed and I still do not have the class unlocked

Closed Thread