+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What REALY needs fixed

What REALY needs fixed

Trove has scheduled maintenance on Tuesday. That's fine. There are random "Fixes" they do each week for what ever reason. What ever. The one problem they refuse to address is the "Gold Sellers" in chat. I can't play for more than 10 min with out having to stop what I'm doing in game to right click some spammer for some off site web-store. It's one thing if an account is spamming "Invite me to ST!" But for these IP address that just have real people or bots making accounts to spam chat for their web-sight and not get a peerma ban on the IP address is rediclous. You expect people to donate, but there is no reason to support a FTP game that's not trying to fix a key factor.
    Don't care about new skins, class', weapons, dungeons or any of that. FIX your chat.

But they sell cheeeeap wiiings! Doesn't that interest you??? Lol
    Refer Code =WK3EQYYTFX6XXKDQHXDK

I think they are actually working on chat. They've talked about working on chat tabs and stuff. It's not going to be done right away but hopefully it'll be soon.

Pls let me refer you kthx
    Code: XP7LYQ2M929GH66XZEJH

Quote Originally Posted by Well it aint WoW View Post
    accounts to spam chat for their web-sight and not get a peerma ban on the IP address is rediclous. You expect people to donate, but there is no reason to support a FTP game that's not trying to fix a key factor.
    It's not like they're bound to one IP, they can just keep changing it over and over again after it gets banned. A better fix would just be blocking chat messages with the website address from sending.
    also "for whatever reason," it's to fix bugs that shouldn't be left for Tuesday.
    Staffs- Lv41 ・Melee and Guns- Lv39 ・Shadow Hunter - Lv36
    Mastery Rank 168

Do you actually think these bots are being ran from someones home internet or something? They have thousands of accounts created, all most likely logged in through a VPN/Proxy. Trion can go ahead and start banning the ip's affiliated with these bots... but every time they spam they are on new accounts and most likely new ip addresses...

There's really not much that i can personally see that trion can do..?
    Mastery Rank | 319
    Chaos Factor | 7
    Username | Deondre
    My Shop | Click Me

Quote Originally Posted by well it aint wow View Post
    web-sight
    my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it you don't play many MMOs?

Botting is a very common practice in the MMO world. These bots are usually put on popular games, in the most popular spots, and spam the most enticing messages: (Example) "Want to get free in game currency? Go to _________.com today!" These are not usually real sites, they are usually scams. You'll also see them in lower pop games, usually more so than actual people due to the bot-to-human ratio.

I have no expectation that Trove will be the first MMO to get rid of bot accounts. I've seen them in League of Legends, which is a far larger game than Trove and yet Riot still can't get rid of it completely. The captcha is a method to reducing the amount of bot accounts, but it doesn't stop them completely. They are robots, they can spend hours just putting in random captchas until they get it right.

These are not human accounts. They are not some random guy sitting at his desk pressing up+enter over and over to try to get you to check out his HTML coded website that he made in his spare time. It is a bot, set up by someone who knows what they are doing. I imagine that their IP is also coded, so that you could never actually ban the right one, but that is just a hunch.

If Trove developers devoted all their time to ridding their game of these bot accounts, we would never have new content. The bot account battle has been around since I started playing MMOs as a child, and to this day is still a huge issue with online games.
    ~"There is only one God"~
    ~"And his name, is Death"~
    ~"And there is only one thing we say to Death"~
    ~"Not Today"~

Quote Originally Posted by Well it aint WoW View Post
    Trove has scheduled maintenance on Tuesday. That's fine. There are random "Fixes" they do each week for what ever reason. What ever. The one problem they refuse to address is the "Gold Sellers" in chat. I can't play for more than 10 min with out having to stop what I'm doing in game to right click some spammer for some off site web-store. It's one thing if an account is spamming "Invite me to ST!" But for these IP address that just have real people or bots making accounts to spam chat for their web-sight and not get a peerma ban on the IP address is rediclous. You expect people to donate, but there is no reason to support a FTP game that's not trying to fix a key factor.
    Don't care about new skins, class', weapons, dungeons or any of that. FIX your chat.
    Actually, the issue of botting/flux selling/illegal website advertising has been addressed rather seriously in the past, and the Developers made it very clear that they are extensively working on means to combat the situation. The reason you do not hear much about it now, is simply because we know they are working on it and there is not much else that can be said or done on the matter without bringing attention to the actual culprits (it is always important to starve the RWT websites of any unnecessary attention, as any attention serves as indirect advertisement, which they want haha.)

Chat limitations, chat tabs, chat improvements, improved reporting tools, etc. are all features that the Developers have announced that they are working on. Additionally, they always follow through with our reports to investigate any suspicious activity, so make sure to always report these individuals to aid in the battle of staving off RWT progress whilst the Developers continue their efforts!

+ Reply to Thread