+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: So when is knockback getting changed/removed?

So when is knockback getting changed/removed?

People are literally not using certain skills just because they have knockback, and knockback/stability rings sell for a small fraction of what rings with anything else sell for. I think it's beyond obvious that most do not like the mechanic as it currently stands, and something needs to be done. So when can we expect changes? Surely the devs are aware of this issue?

Seriously this is the most frustrating thing I run into lately in terms of dungeons whether solo or group. It's quite literally nothing more than inconvenient; especially when doing a boss and the other players are throwing it across the room all the time.

It is a really bad mechanic when the terrain is soo destructible. Not to mention that the first move that most monsters use is a knockback.... on a roof... :/
    Refer Code =WK3EQYYTFX6XXKDQHXDK

editedpostout

yeah maybe if knockback added something in return for its annoyance like extra damage then it would be understandable - at the moment its just a pain :/

aw why?

Knockbacks are FUN !!

specially when you knock the boss out of the "ring"/"roof" and people are trying to finish the challenge!!

Well, it makes it ..harder .. thus it makes it more .."challenging" :P

it's so NICE and FUN that maybe a new stat would be some kind of .."Vertical Knockback"? which would knock the mob into the air ...

then you could have a "normal knockback" + "vertical knockback" combo to easily throw the bosses out ..

just some COOL ideas (:

Quote Originally Posted by GSewq View Post
    aw why?

Knockbacks are FUN !!

specially when you knock the boss out of the "ring"/"roof" and people are trying to finish the challenge!!

Well, it makes it ..harder .. thus it makes it more .."challenging" :P

it's so NICE and FUN that maybe a new stat would be some kind of .."Vertical Knockback"? which would knock the mob into the air ...

then you could have a "normal knockback" + "vertical knockback" combo to easily throw the bosses out ..

just some COOL ideas (:
    You mean like when the boss gets knocked so far away that for melee to hit it they have to venture out of range of the dungeon and then don't even get credit for it? Yeah that's super fun!

Player knockback is the second worst thing in the game right after the overabundance of monster knockback. I mean flying back and forth all over the screen is fun for like 30 seconds but come on, it's just too much. How about a little creativity and some other interesting mechanics besides enormous knockbacks to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishimtar View Post
    Player knockback is the second worst thing in the game right after the overabundance of monster knockback. I mean flying back and forth all over the screen is fun for like 30 seconds but come on, it's just too much. How about a little creativity and some other interesting mechanics besides enormous knockbacks to contend with.
    I have to agree. Knockback is overused on monsters, i would lower it and add mobs with grapple skills and kamikaze skill (once it catch you they self destruct), or something else to add more variety.

10.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    Developers
    Definitely hear you on this. It's on our list of coming relatively soon game improvements.

+ Reply to Thread