+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts and Suggestions for Improvement

Thoughts and Suggestions for Improvement

Dear Trion:

I've logged about 70+ hours into Trove so far. If you have any interest in improving this game I think I can offer some suggestions and give some insight about my experience thus far.

I think what strikes me first are some of the RPG aspects. The following thoughts are about mechanics in general and run under the assumption this is a game you care about.

RPS Aspects
    I'm not going to suggest you change abilities or even scream about unbalanced gameplay. Instead I come under the impression certain classes are designed to be front line attackers, or even "tanks" if you could humor that notion. Yet there are no real ways to identify or manage that role. I don't think I am going too far on a limb to think a Knight is designed to take damage for the team.

I can further expand on class roles by saying there aren't really any true support classes, such as a healer or buffer. I understand the fact that each class needs to be able to complete areas on their own, however, by leaving out these roles, you give us a half finished sense of teamplay.

I'm sure I can think of smaller details to add, but perhaps I will make those additions later. I have other things I would like to move on to.

Quality of Life
    I have a number of small suggestions I think would improve overall game experience.

Tabular chat: I can't begin to describe how nice it would be to keep trade chat separate from my club and private messages. I find it incredibly frustrating to try to filter out private messages and club chat between the walls of spam.

Chest logs: As a co-leader of a club I would like to be able to keep track of who is depositing and withdrawing things from our different chests. Which merges me to my next point...

Mandating club tax: As an option, it would be nice to implement a small tax for different ranks. I think this can help fund club activities and help drive a club to improve itself. This is another segue into my next point...

Donation chests: A chest that member ranks can deposit items in, but only officer/leader ranks and withdraw.

Club interface: Why can we not see where our club members are? In fact all the information you really give us is rank, promote/demote/kick buttons, and last logged in. It would be great to see their current class, level (including shadow gear) and mastery rank.

Inspection: For those that wish to run uber 6 level shadow arenas (I have not yet reached that level, so I cannot say from experience) I image gear is an important aspect of completion. I think to avoid leeching or out right misinforming, an inspection tool could become quite handy.

I may add more to this post later when I have more time to sit and think. I implore you to read this and at least take my thoughts seriously. I don't like to toot horns, but I would like to think twenty some years of playing video games means something.

I Agree

The Chat improvements ESPECIALLY would be nice. I like to look at trade chat, but when someone messages me, it usually flies by too fast because of the spam in trade chat. Having tabs or filters in chat is a great idea. This seems to be a well thought out post

Thank you GreatNate, I am pleased to here some of my thoughts and concerns are shared. Hopefully there are more like minded people reading this that will share their thoughts on the subjects.

I agree with a lot of the Club stuff as well. There is no sense of Unity in a clubworld, no easy way to contribute. I think a club is a great way to focus some improvements.

I fully agree about the inspection part. It's definitely annoying that someone would lie about the level of their gear especially if you said that only lvl 39+ can get in the u6 to make fast sa runs.

Class roles:
    Don't like the idea. I'd rather see some of the classes redesigned to be more useful solo. Each class should get one supporty-skill, some already have (CB heal, Ice freeze + dmg increase, Boomer heal etc.)

Chat functions:
    Yes please.I'd also like to see a simple way of changing / joining / leaving channels.

Inspection:
    Absolutely disagree, I hate it in any game that has it. I don't like being judged by other people for having the "wrong" gear or whatever.

With the chest log use the command /club log (club name).

It shows officer chest and the club chest, however not the comm chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenguros View Post
    Class roles:
    Don't like the idea. I'd rather see some of the classes redesigned to be more useful solo. Each class should get one supporty-skill, some already have (CB heal, Ice freeze + dmg increase, Boomer heal etc.)

Chat functions:
    Yes please.I'd also like to see a simple way of changing / joining / leaving channels.

Inspection:
    Absolutely disagree, I hate it in any game that has it. I don't like being judged by other people for having the "wrong" gear or whatever.
    I think some classes are useless/not ideal, but I did not want to get into the realm of class overhauls. That is another beast in and of itself.

Interesting. I rarely hear people not liking inspection tools.

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster123 View Post
    With the chest log use the command /club log (club name).

It shows officer chest and the club chest, however not the comm chest.
    Wow. I wish there was more transparency about commands available to us. Now if that basic function can be added to a simple UI, that'd be great.

+ Reply to Thread