+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: BasuKun's songs rendition (Club World: Architect Pride)

Those are sooo goood! Love them all! I feel so pumped up right now. XD Thank you so much for making these. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next. ^_^
    Newbie here! Looking for friends to play with. ^_^

These are very cool! Cant wait to hear more =)
    Host of the Podcast What's Up With Trove (On Hiatus)
    Whatsupwithtrove.blogspot.com

IGN: tiny
    Twitter: @alan91330
    R.A.F Link: https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...=ascend_invite
    Or, Just use the Code JZYCFD7NKW72E9MJ6GEG

These sound great!
    That's awesome, man!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you guys enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by BasuKun View Post
    Ahah thanks Fasti! I was starting to think no one really cared for my work ahahah! That means a lot

@Dark Fae Queen: I'm not really goot at explaining things in english since it isn't my native language but I can try and tell you how I usually proceed:

• - Find a song I would like to make in Trove
    • - Search for a MIDI file of the song, if there isn't any you can always try and make it yourself
    • - Open the MIDI file in any MIDI editor (I use Sonar & FL Studio depending on the task) and manually reduce the amount of simultaneous notes played at the same time (remove unecessary instruments, change chords from 3 notes to 2 notes, etc.) since Trove can't play more than 15 blocks at the same time, you can't have too many instruments playing simultaneously. Save once this is done.
    • - If you're a visual guy like me, load up your saved MIDI file in Synthesia so you can easily see all instruments at the same time, as well as which note is being played.
    • - From there you can start working on the song in Trove. The system is simple: first put an instrument block (press E on it to change the instrument) then put the notes blocks under it to play the notes you want this instrument to play (press E on the note blocks to change the octave).

That's it! It takes a while but the result is worth it! Hope it helps.

Problem is Synteshia isn't free. And how do you go about reducing simultaneous notes played at the same time? Can you make a short video guide? It would help a lot!

Hmm that might be a bit hard but I'll give it a try .

For the meantime, here is what you can do to reduce simultaneous notes:
    • Big chords (3 notes and up) can be reduced to 2 notes. As long as you have some music knowledge, you'll know which notes to keep in the chord for it to still make sense (ex for minor scales: the root note and the third note).
    • Echo tracks can be removed altogether. One popular trick with MIDI files is to simulate an echo effect by duplicating a track and making it play slightly delayed with the original track. Delete these tracks, they won't sound good at all if you try reproducing them in Trove.
    • Delete layering tracks. Another popular trick, since MIDI instruments are limited, is to layer different instruments to create a "new" sound, or make your MIDI sound bigger. This is going to be useless in Trove, I usually layer instruments only if I still have space left and if I need two instruments' attributes (ex: synth's sound and piano's release), but that's far from being a priority.
    • If after all of this you still have too many notes playing simultaneously, then delete less important tracks (last option). Top priority tracks to always keep should be (most of the time): lead synth, drums, bass, chords. It's up to your judgment to determine if the remaining tracks can be deleted without ruining the song's feel, or if they should be kept for x reason, in which case you need to sacrifice somewhere else.
    I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, I'm trying my best to be as clear as possible, but some music knowledge will be needed to do all of this so I can't really explain any better ^^'.

Quote Originally Posted by BasuKun View Post
    Hmm that might be a bit hard but I'll give it a try .

For the meantime, here is what you can do to reduce simultaneous notes:

• Big chords (3 notes and up) can be reduced to 2 notes. As long as you have some music knowledge, you'll know which notes to keep in the chord for it to still make sense (ex for minor scales: the root note and the third note).
    • Echo tracks can be removed altogether. One popular trick with MIDI files is to simulate an echo effect by duplicating a track and making it play slightly delayed with the original track. Delete these tracks, they won't sound good at all if you try reproducing them in Trove.
    • Delete layering tracks. Another popular trick, since MIDI instruments are limited, is to layer different instruments to create a "new" sound, or make your MIDI sound bigger. This is going to be useless in Trove, I usually layer instruments only if I still have space left and if I need two instruments' attributes (ex: synth's sound and piano's release), but that's far from being a priority.
    • If after all of this you still have too many notes playing simultaneously, then delete less important tracks (last option). Top priority tracks to always keep should be (most of the time): lead synth, drums, bass, chords. It's up to your judgment to determine if the remaining tracks can be deleted without ruining the song's feel, or if they should be kept for x reason, in which case you need to sacrifice somewhere else.

I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, I'm trying my best to be as clear as possible, but some music knowledge will be needed to do all of this so I can't really explain any better ^^'.

Do you have some sort of program we can talk across? I would love to chat while you work, and maybe even watch you work to learn how to make music myself.

My end goal is it make Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata if I can.

My Skype is Aquasparks, I would appreciate you guiding me in my path to making amazing music!

If you have the time to chat with me, don't feel obligated to!

Hey guys! I'm back this week with an absolute classic!

DuckTales - The Moon Theme

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm REALLY happy about how it turned out!

@Dark Fae Queen: Sorry, I'm a bit busy and honestly I'm not sure I would be very helpful chatting with you as english isn't my native language and I'm not 100% fluent with speech. x_x

Another news, I've just set up (well more like brought back from the graveyard) my twitter account which will be used for my Trove songs!

Please follow if you're interested.

Bump!

I'm back with a brand new song:

Shovel Knight - In the Halls of the Usurper (Pridemoor Keep)

Sorry that this one took forever to finish, there were no available tabs of the song so I had to do it by ear. That was incredibly hard but I'm very proud of the results.
    Hope you guys enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread