+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Marriage / Partnerships

Red face [Suggestion] Marriage / Partnerships

I've played quite a few MMO"s.
    In fact, I met my wife on MapleStory when I was a teenager.
    We got married IRL earlier this year, after seven great years of being together; and we're married on Several Games.

I was hoping we could do the same on Trove, as we both currently really enjoy it, and I hope to continue doing so.

Along with being paired with another player, you could add special particle effects; as well as add a new cosmetic slot for the rings. (and maybe add special privileges and features when married)

Cash Shop or not, having the option to marry other players would be awesome.

I've never really liked "marriage" in games like this. I don't really think it suits a game like Trove. Marriage in games always reminds me of poorly made pay-to-win Korean MMOs.

hehe sure why not!

sure just hav a title =D

if u don't like it, u don't hav to do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by DDosBoss View Post
    sure just hav a title =D

if u don't like it, u don't hav to do it lol
    Well here's the thing and the reason I am against this idea.

First, no matter what they do, it'll take dev time to do it. I would rather the devs focus on bug fixes and new content rather then silly little systems.

Second, there's 2 ways they could do it:

First way is it gives no benefits, there's no special styles or anything for it. If this is the case then it'll be useless for everyone except those who think it's fun. In other words, the devs will spend time and energy put into a system that only 5% of the player-base will use.

The second way is if it gives some sort of benefits: either costumes or mounts or styles, SOMETHING to make it unique and/or worth doing. I think it shouldn't give special costumes or mounts or anything because then EVERYONE will HAVE to do it in order to obtain these items. People will randomly marry ANYONE to get the benefits. Then it'll just be another thing people have to do and it'll ultimately mean nothing. Even worse, it'll mean even less to the people that actually want to get married for special reasons (like they love the person in real life) because everyone else will have done it as well and subsequently it wont be special at all.

So if they do add marriage in, it should give no benefits in mastery points: no items that give mastery. At the most it should give that person a title or something that says, "I am married to this person".

Lastly, I still feel like this system would be a waste of time that very few people would use.

To me, a marriage/partner system does not fit this game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    we're always watching.

Quote Originally Posted by irrimn View Post
    I've never really liked "marriage" in games like this. I don't really think it suits a game like Trove. Marriage in games always reminds me of poorly made pay-to-win Korean MMOs.
    Like FFXIV, haha.

I'm a little iffy on the whole thing if for nothing more than 80% of the couples running around are a guy playing a guy and a guy playing a girl (not that there's anything wrong with that, lol)

And they should actually look like guys and gals, which Trove may have a hard time pulling off, at least not without some better outfits.

If it was added, I wouldn't use it. Plus there are higher priority things to be worked on instead, rather than niche little things like this that most people will probably just pass up.
    IGN: Celeress
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/celeress
    My latest mod: Battle Banner Sage
    Referral Code: YCCR-JL2Q-D7TH-79DE-WZK6
    Mastery level: 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpntug View Post
    we want to ease into the idea like an old man into a tub

I think that with a game that focuses so strongly on collections this would either leave people out because they don't wish to "wed" or push them into it in order to "collect" the items associated with it. I play with my grown children and I know this feature would be of no interest to them and as my husband doesn't play it would not interest me. I'm fine with the feature in other games, but for Trove I don't think it fits.
    AvengingZombie Of The Mad Haters

I have to agree that marriage doesn't really seem to fit with Trove's style. I suppose I wouldn't be against it though.

+ Reply to Thread