+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Release] Trove Mod Loader - Easily allows the loading of modified files

Quote Originally Posted by Taize View Post
    I made sure they were uninstalled and completely gone when I did it. I had it originally installed in the default directory.. just reinstalled it to see if it would fix it. Also my Net mod loader looks like this after I start up Trove.

Looks like it didn't notice that I started Trove.
    I am really curious about this. And yes, that image shows that with .Net ModLoader, it isn't even aware that Trove was started. The .net version of ModLoader is handy for troubleshooting as it tells you when it sees Trove and can mod it, even if you launch it after Trove making it useless. It should say it sees Trove is running irregardless.

For troubleshooting, can you screenshot the list of running programs after launching ModLoader and then Trove fresh please. Maybe the game isn't showing on the list as Trove.exe (32 bit), and therefore won't show up to ModLoader?

Something to try. I have no idea it it could help but at the moment I am in the dark as what to reccomend.
    Open trove, and then Unplug your internet. Game will Disconnect but you will avoid closing it. control+alt+delete into task manager and disable every single piece of secondary software, firewall, antivirus, everything (with internet removed). Antivirus will need to be temporarily disabled most likely through the program itself.
    Open .Net ModLoader. Does it detect Trove now, say it at the bottom right like in that image I showed? Can also do this while still connected to the internet, just might feel a little safer.

Need to figure out why it isn't aware of Trove running. That is not an issue with detecting the Trove install, as this specific functionality is based of checking the the list of currently running applications. Trove is running, it should at least be aware of it no matter what, I can launch .Net ModLoader 50 times and despite it not being able to install mods like that, all 50 copies still say they detect Trove running simultaneously.

I don't have any firewalls or anti-virus software. But here is my task manager while they are running.

I don't have any firewalls or anti-virus software. But here is my task manager while they are running.

Hmm. Try running the program as admin if you have not tried that yet.
    The exe is the same for 32 and 64 bit so I am not sure why that is happening for both loaders.

Also @Dusty_Mustard - currently in the process of semi-remaking the .net version in the Java one. Just a few differences and including a way to select the trove install folder.

Quote Originally Posted by xIGBClutchIx View Post
    Hmm. Try running the program as admin if you have not tried that yet.
    The exe is the same for 32 and 64 bit so I am not sure why that is happening for both loaders.

Also @Dusty_Mustard - currently in the process of semi-remaking the .net version in the Java one. Just a few differences and including a way to select the trove install folder.
    Ran as an admin, nice forgot to recommend that to him.

Excited!

Release Trove Mod Loader v1.2.0

New Features/Changes
    Removed start button - Now automatically detects the Trove launch and installs the mods.
    Added change Trove location button - Able to easily select the Trove install folder.
    Change loadmods.txt - Saves everytime a mod is remove or added.

Settings folder - %appdata%/Trove-Mod-Loader-Java
    Moved loadmods.txt - Global mod saving list
    New settings.txt - Stores Trove install location

Download Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    Ran as an admin, nice forgot to recommend that to him.

Excited!
    Yeah, I've already tried running them as admin. Also I just tried the new mod loader and it does this now.

Yeah, I've already tried running them as admin. Also I just tried the new mod loader and it does this now.

Did you try changing the Trove folder with the mod just in case it does something? I had to do this myself with his new version.
    Hit Change Trove Folder and enter C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Trove\Live

My igm name is Dusty_Mustard. If you are interested, I will do a join.me and see if I can figure it out remotely. Just send me a msg in game so I know we are both online at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by xIGBClutchIx View Post
    [CENTER]
    Release Trove Mod Loader v1.2.0

Love it. Allows me to have the functionality I needed, thank you.

One concern, I had to manually set the Trove install folder myself to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Trove\Live . Without doing so made Modloader tell me Trove was running, then say Mod Installed, yet it didn't apply the mod. After applying location manually it worked (which is strange since auto detection has always worked for me before).

Did you try changing the Trove folder with the mod just in case it does something? I had to do this myself with his new version.

My igm name is Dusty_Mustard. If you are interested, I will do a join.me and see if I can figure it out remotely. Just send me a msg in game so I know we are both online at the same time.

One concern, I had to manually set the Trove install folder myself to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Trove\Live . Without doing so made Modloader tell me Trove was running, then say Mod Installed, yet it didn't apply the mod. After applying location manually it worked (which is strange since auto detection has always worked for me before).
    It should auto detect the trove location folder at the start it just takes a couple a seconds because dumb me put the code after the gui loaded instead of before - reference to code will fix that in the next update. So I assume that is both of your guys issues. Also I would watch the text on the loader when you open up trove because it should say for like two seconds that installed the mods if you have a trove install folder picked out. Will probably change that a separate text like the .net version in the next update.

Ohhh sorry I was half asleep when I attempted it earlier. I didn't realize there was now an option to manually set the directory. It works now that I did that!! Awesome.

Thanks xIGBClutchIx and Dusty_Mustard!!

Trove Mod Loader v1.3.0 will now be a installer instead of just a jar.
    I am going to be using install4j which is a nice handy tool to allow me update very fast and a couple other features. Such as having a exe launcher that when launched will look for a update and go onto the jar if one was not found. If a update was found it will give you the option to update or just not. If you decide to update it will download the new installer and you now on the installer just choose the update function instead. It sounds really bad annoying but I have been spending a couple hours fooling around with it and it is really fast and simple just keep clicking next and done.

Ohhh sorry I was half asleep when I attempted it earlier. I didn't realize there was now an option to manually set the directory. It works now that I did that!! Awesome.

Thanks xIGBClutchIx and Dusty_Mustard!!
    Awesome good to hear!

+ Reply to Thread