Closed Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Trove Downtime of 7/28 - Edit: Free Stuff

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1
    Developers

The Trove Downtime of 7/28 - Edit: Free Stuff

Free stuff update:

We're going to do a few things to help compensate for the downtime:
    * This weekend anyone who logs in Friday starting at noon PDT through Sunday at 11:59 PM PDT will be granted a free class coin (no trade) and 3000 Cubits.
    * Anyone who has purchased anything for real money in Trove any time in the week before and up through the outage will get 3 days of free Patron time. We'll be doing a rolling grant for this starting tomorrow.

Thanks again for playing, and we'll see you all this weekend.

------------------------

We're up... date:

We're back up. It's super late so now that it seems like all is well I'm crashing. Will get the info out to you guys tomorrow about fun free stuff.

------------------------

Late night update:

We did add a few hours. Progress is being made. No-one is sleeping until Trove is back and fully operational.

We've returned the Credits and Cubits to everyone who made purchases. We also made sure all real money purchases got their goods. Some people might even get double since we wanted to be extra careful. The only exception is the Credit deals (i.e., if you got Credits plus lures or pinatas) in those cases we couldn't give you the bonus items, so we gave you +50% Credits instead.

-----------------
    Hey,

If you're here you're probably trying to play Trove right now.

To cut to the bone, today has not been a good day for the Trove servers.

The short version is that we did what should have been a safe database upgrade during the downtime, and that update didn't work. It forced us to bring down the servers and roll back to the state we were in this morning when we patched, including the data itself.

Of course as a service and as an online game we don't think this is in any way acceptable, however it is in this case necessary, and we aren't leaving the office until the game is back online.

In addition, obviously we'll be not only restoring any Credits or Cubits spent as well as making sure you got anything else you paid for, but we will make good on the lost time on top of that. Once we're back online I will update on that.

Our downtime has been extended by about 5 hours at this point, as usual we'll keep you updated. This is going to take us some time to recover and make sure everything is safe and stable. We'll be here when you get back. I know many of you waited to play and were excited about our update - I'm sorry.

Avarem, and the consecutive days logged in? I was close to 30 days... I want the wings D:

I'm curious as to why you guy's have so many "sudden errors" when you are upgrading to a new patch.
    (don't hurt me avarem .-., just curious since I haven't played since beta and didn't have to deal with this much downtime ;-

Vintage Founder | IGN: Grievous | /w for invite to Vintage!

Will lose all the time i spent mining, but i guess worse things could happen..

5.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Developers
    Quote Originally Posted by deathmen02 View Post
    Avarem, and the consecutive days logged in? I was close to 30 days... I want the wings D:
    You should have a 48 hour window to log in, you should be fine.

Uh oh, worst case scenario.

Right now i'm happy i'm not working for Trion. So much hate around in the forum.
    Senioren Club Deutschland

Nur für deutschsprachige Erwachsene Trove Spieler

Mastery 185 - All Classes 42 - Patron 125

Godspeed Avarem.

Kill him kill him. No wait you guys made my day entertaining thank you.
    Sorry this happen to you.

I'm sure as frustrating as it is for us, it must be more so for all you working on this.

Dont blame avarem or devs guys, they are making the possible to NOT, i said NOT do a major rollback and/or wipe!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast