+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can this run on WINE?

Question Can this run on WINE?

I found this game from an advertisement and I thought "Hey, that looks pretty cool. It can't hurt to check it out." This seems like a great game and a great community as well.

I'd love to play the game, but I'm currently running Fedora 20 due to the fact that my computer hates Windows XP.

Thus, if I want to play this, I would have to use WINE (Wine Is Not an Emulator). I will test it soon, but can it run just based on software alone(AKA Can WINE run the launcher, install the game, and run it)?

We have a few Linux users here and some OS X users. Nobody has reported successfully running on wine yet.

On my last attempt this is what I could do:

- Install Glyph using plain wine 1.6.x or 1.7.x (no winetricks, version set to WinXP by default, may have had gecko/mono)
    - Install Trove via Glyph using same wine, changing version to Vista

Never got the game to run, even with the DirectX renderer, and using the winetricks everything method (install every dx, vcredist, etc package one by one and try again). If you do try, please let us know how far you get

VMs are also not practical due to the graphical performance. One user suggested VGA-passthrough, but I haven't seen anyone try it.

Dev response to a linux build is "maybe in the distant future". They are however actively working on an OS X build.

By the way, Trove requires Vista and above. I hesitate to ask what kind of machine you're still running that hates XP.

[MOD] Chatfix - remove alternating background
    Not Dazo's Forging Guide - collecting new stats after changes to shadow and 2* items

+ Reply to Thread