Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld

Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld

Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld takes a classic giant monster/guardian and puts a trove spin on it.

NAME: Pemberus (or Pemberus, Guardian of the Underworld)

Design:
    A Pember Cerberus, 3 unique Pember heads on a giant Pember Body.

The 3 Heads would be highlighted with the color of their respective fires, Red/Green/ and Blue. If possible the lava pools from the breath attack would match the color of the head they originated from.

Active Head: Every 30 seconds(minute - depends on how long fight is meant to last), the dominant head changes, It gets a bonus to damage and attacks faster. There is a shared health pool between the 3 heads, but only the active head can take damage/has a visible health bar. This forces the team to swap what head is focused on regularly but they still have to avoid attacks from all 3 and respond to the environment changes which he causes.

ABILITIES:
    Three Headed Bite - Three Headed Bite - The head puls back, then strikes all in front of it for high damage (similar to giants thrust attacks) Each head will process their strike seperately. The bites put a dot on all players it hits and proceeds to heal Pemberus for the next 10 seconds for 1% of its max health per player hit per second. (this is that skill you avoid no matter what =P)

Hot Pepper Breath - Pemberus swallows a spicy habanero, His 3 heads each breathe a cone of fire out, The flames persist at spots leaving pools of lava (Red green and blue lava). Lava from 2 differrent heads that connect will cool leaving blocks in a 3x3 radius. (yes, this will get pretty crazy over time - thats the point )

Pemburst- @75, 50, and 25% Pemberus creates a large burst in a radius around itself (like Pembur's jump) as it jumps towards the most distant trovian (in a set radius) - alternately it could jump right left or forward based on its dominant head. When it lands a second burst explodes out from its new location. These bursts destroy all traces of lava and extra blocks in their radius. After a Pemburst, the Pemberu's heads all gain an enrage increasing damage and attack speed by 10% for the remainder of the fight. These stacks are not removed if pemberus heals.

Special effect and strategy, Pemberus continuously has lava flowing from his body making the terrain more and more difficult to traverse. Pemberus moves slowly but his feet leave pools of lava in their steps. Players must try to get the Breath pools to connect causing a new layer of blocks to stand on. They keep this up until the pemburst which clears the zone but then makes Pemberus stronger making it more difficult to survive his next barrage.

Soft Enrage - This happens when the group fails to understand the fight - the buffs gained from Pemburst at 75/50/25 are permanent, If a group later heals pemberus above those markers with the bite, He will continue to get stronger and will eventually wipe the group.

Loot: Only loot suggestion is a chance for a mount of a scaled down version of the boss.

Just a note

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...r-The-Devourer has very similar ideas and we have borrowed from eachother - take a look at his too and tell him what you think =)

I would pay to see a giant three headed corgi.

lol the moment i thought of it I thought it'd fit the game perfectly =) That and Pember has some of the more awesome effects of the mounts.

This sounds pretty neat

IGN: Cretoriani | Reddit: Cretoriani | Twitter: @Cretoriani | Voxel Busters - Architect | Join Voxel Busters

I do not like the idea of mixing the heads, instead it should be the same head three times but based on what realm it spawned in plus fitting body.
    Especially because an undead part on an otherwise living creature is gross. Would not ride such as mount.

Other than this the cerberus is a brilliant idea!

Yeah was considering that too just wasnt sure if the same head might be boring... maybe 3 Pember variants? Same base with slight differences (Personalities)

maybe it can be 3 pember heads with 1 being the normal red pember, 1 being a blue color for the soul fire, and one being green for balefire...i think that could be a god idea
    "I am the fortress who protects all"

RAF code (feel free to click)
    IGN: Hexer Mastery Level: 90 and counting...

ooh i like that - editing the OT now =)

added active head system

Very nice, Bump