Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Create a Trove boss, like a boss

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Create a Trove boss, like a boss

The time has come, Trovians! We’re asking that you use your devious minds to create something new, something big, and with a temper: a Shadow Titan!

Think outside the box, then get back in the box and think about why cats loves boxes so much. I mean, there is nothing going on in that box, cat, what’s the appeal!?!?

Here’s how this works:
    1. Take some time and think about the kind of Shadow Titan you'd like to see knocking your block off. What should it look like? What is it's name? What three abilities should it use?
    2. Eligibility for new suggestions ended at 11:59 PM PDT Friday, July 24th, We're starting the process of selecting finalists.
    3. We’ll go through your ideas and pick some top contenders, then give you the chance to vote for a winner next week (more info to come)
    4. Whichever tyrannical, terrifying Titan you select will be in game and pwning face in before you know it

Keep in mind that there may be some elements we're not able to put into game, so while you'll pick the winner, some elements may have to change a bit to better fit the game.

Not creative enough to create a full idea. But I'd like to see the Shadow Titan be really tall, so that your group of players need to destroy its legs (like the ones in the picture) before being able to defeat the enemy controlling the actual thing.

the ability to make giant explosions that knock the player away.
    make its spikes bigger, and attack you with them to do more damage.
    hit you with its spikey head.

What I'm hoping to see as a Shadow Titan, is something more than Huge. Bigger than the Shadow Knights, something as a major boss that gives great loot after its defeat. This Titan could be stationary in a large pit where players walk on these platforms to attack it head on. The players cannot jump off of them because there is a huge pit of lava that the Titan sits in. The Titan can only move around the pit, and the players can find this pit in the deepest parts of the world. The attack strength can be strong enough to be critical, but uses his own fist rarely. He spawns mini bosses from all biomes and minions that accompany them. The more damage dealt to the Titan. The harder it gets to beat him. The spawn system can be similar to the Shadow Arena. When the Titan is defeated the loot chest spawns on a platform made out of the skull of the defeated Titan. The exit portal spawning inside the skull.

I'd like to see an Acklay sort of creature; one that's fast, tanky, but not as strong in hits. That'd be fun. Really big! That'd be sweet.

I feel as though the shadow titan should not only be upped in difficulty, but the arena itself should too, maybe add traps, crushers, spining vortexes you name it. The Giant should possess a telepathic ability that flings players into the air or across the arena, should be able to breathe fire, and make explosions the size of 1000 men!

Name: Dr.Hyde & Mr. Jackal
    Story: Dr. Hyde is a mad scientist who used a serum on his dog Mr. jackal Who became unusually large in size. Mr. Jackal has a bloodlust for voxels and just can't be separated from his master.
    Attacks: Fetch- Dr. Hyde throws a bone and Mr. Jackal will charge in that direction. Roll over- Mr. Jackal will roll sideways 10 blocks to smash anything. Serum Boost- Dr. Hyde gives Mr. Jackal a little help and he becomes bigger and stronger for a shot time .(15 sec Damage buff, defense Buff and speed buff.)

Check out my idea for a Shadow Titan in Trove
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...a-Strikes-Back!
    ----- Mastery ----
    Rank 200 (232)
    Refer-A-Friend Code YYETXW96TF9979ZDP7ED
    Check out my idea for a Titan Boss in trove and post feedback!
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...a-Strikes-Back!

Question Size?

Do the titans have to be big? I was thinking of making a boss that is a little bit bigger than the player (much like one of the new bosses in Terraria 1.3). I was thinking of naming him Helltarai, Destroyer of dimensions, but what I was hoping is that he didn't have to make them titan size, so I was hoping if I could get some help with this.
    CHAOS IS POWER.
    THE DARK WAITS.

I have a great idea!
    The shadow titan has the ability to create a huge surrounding dome, and spikes that deal massive damage pop up where you are, so you are forced to run to escape!