+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [BUG] Screen Jerking When Turning

[BUG] Screen Jerking When Turning

Basically when I turn my screen sometimes the screen jerks about 90 degrees further in the same direction. Often it leads me to completely missing my attacks or walking off ledges while I'm trying to aim and it makes it fairly difficult to play.

I've tried changing my graphics settings and it keeps happening no matter what I do. I've tried OpenGL and DirectX, Low and Ultra, V-Sync and Anti-Aliasing, Fullscreen and Windowed, but nothing seems to be working.

I uploaded a video to YouTube showing what I'm talking about. About 35 seconds in is where it gets really bad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV4OZLd6Mno

My Guess:
    I'm guessing it probably has to do with how the cursor is handled when it reaches the borders of the window. I've seen in previous patches where the skill icons show their tooltip when the cursor is maneuvered over them, even if the cursor is not showing. This leads me to believe that the cursor doesn't remain in the center of the screen where the crosshair is. Sometimes when I launch other games, I can alt-tab back into Trove and I could move the cursor outside of the window, while Trove is still in focus. So I'm guessing that normally when the cursor reaches the border of the window, the cursor is moved back to the center, but in my case it turns my screen as well.

Again this is just my hypothesis and I'm wondering if this is a known problem or if anyone has the same problem and knows a solution. Thanks!

Edit 1: Yeah I just confirmed that the cursor is working the way I described it by pressing enter and checking where the cursor is after moving it. Also when I'm playing, sometimes I attack and it ends clicking and dragging my chat scrollbar which is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiku View Post
    snip...
    I can almost, with certainty tell you what is doing this. I've had it happen quite often with my old Cyborg RAT 7 mouse. Your mouse laser is extremely sensitive, and you a) need to clean it, or b) you're using (or not using) a solid color mouse pad. Fork out a couple bucks for a solid black pad, clean the laser with a tad of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip, and voila. Should stop spinning like that. Also, try not lifting your mouse while turning. Like I said, my old mouse did this exact same thing.

I'm 100% sure it's not a problem with my mouse. This doesn't happen in any other game and only happens in Trove when the cursor reaches the edge of the window.

I have the same screen jerking problem

I don't play gunner and fae trickster for the sole reason that I have this problem it makes it near impossible to play at times and I was wondering if there has been a fix found for this yet

Video of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Trince View Post
    I don't play gunner and fae trickster for the sole reason that I have this problem it makes it near impossible to play at times and I was wondering if there has been a fix found for this yet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBL8isvBrU

actually would label this as a problem of driver communication or and to sensitive input systems

Funny how my grossly overpriced gaming mice have this issue YET a $5 dollar store mouse seems to cure this issue..
    Go figure

My camera has been doing this as well, doesn't happen on any other game :c makes playing the game seriously annoying

The issue is with mouse sensitivity

I tested out some other mice I had laying around and it did in fact stop the screen jerking but I didn't want to have to switch my gaming mouse out altogether it just fits so much better into my hand so i lowered the sensitivity to 1100 CPI so if you can lower the sensitivity of your mouse and it'll fix the issue

I have the same problem as well, though it is new. It started right after the Neon Nightsky update. I know it's not the mouse, as I've been testing it thoroughly with many other games, no issues. One thing I would like to note is it seems to get worse with lag. It's still present when I'm not really doing anything, but it gets much worse should I start moving, fighting, have players/enemies around me or when breaking blocks. Mouse has been cleaned, surface I'm using the mouse on is a completely solid colour, so I just don't know. please someone answer this soon.

*Also, I really pushed it to the limits, set all the settings to the highest quality, nearly crashed my laptop doing so. It strangely didn't effect it at all. Could it be server-side...?

+ Reply to Thread