+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: error 1026 and how trion customer service treats people like garbage

error 1026 and how trion customer service treats people like garbage

i have been dealing with error 1026 when patching trove ever since the day beta launched and no matter how many hot fixes patches or anything they do it has not gone away, i have submitted multiple support tickets and they all send me automated responses instead of actually taking the time to look. error 1026 is not on my end it is on trions end, i have logged into multiple of my friends accoutns and all have patched and worked correctly, it is only my account when logged into the same computer that gets error 1026. i dont know why i am being selectively targeted along with a few others by trion and denied access. it is probably a data base error which would be easy to fix if they gave a fly damn about there customers, but now the developers have my money and they dont give a **** about me

So I looked into Error 1026. Despite what you believe it's actually a glitch on your side of the client. Specifically it's a glitch with Glyph.

You need to go into Glyph, click on General and make sure the install location looks something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games

Then you need to click on Trove, and then make sure the install location looks something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Trove\Live

The location of the folder might vary depending on where you have Gylph installed. If this doesn't work then someone more competent might be able to help you.

then how am i able to update and play trove on a friends account and then magically not able to play on mine? how is he able to play on his separate computer but hwen he logs into mine it magically cant connect to the patching process?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenspar View Post
    then how am i able to update and play trove on a friends account and then magically not able to play on mine? how is he able to play on his separate computer but hwen he logs into mine it magically cant connect to the patching process?
    Well assuming it's a pathing issues, it's because his computer has the correct location name for updates and yours does not. You're not the only one getting this glitch, and Trove is not the only game that gets it. This error has popped up in RIFT and ArcheAge. And I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in Defiance as well. Like I said, it's an error with Glyph. Just try doing the thing I said.

To clarify. If I try to log into my account on my pc it gives me a 1026 error. If I log into my friends account it works perfectly fine. Same thing for my friend. He can log into his account on his pc and play but my account gives him the 1026 error. It's an error specific to my account. So it cant be a problem with my client. Sorry to seem hostile but it is very upsetting.

let me rephrase

on my computer i can log into his account it works, i log into my account with trove fully updated it magically doesnt work

we go to his computer where he was already previously playing trove, when he logs into his account, all is okay. when i log into my account error 1026 even when trove is fully updated and my friend just logged off of it not 10 seconds ago

i tried installing trove using his account then using my account no luck i tried installing trove using my account it wouldnt even install

his account will install it but even when its full patch once i swap to my account it magically doesnt work i get error 1026, this is not on my end this is not a glitch in my installer, its associated with my account and my account personally, and a few others are experiencing it. they have something wrong with their database they probably have some flags that are wrong on my account and the others getting error 1026 and it is probabbly really easy to fix because thats is the nature of these data base bugs, the problem is nobody listens not in support tickets nor in the forums i get no help what so ever from the dev team or trion itself on this simple issue

ok so the above message might be relaly excessive and i apologize for that.. im just extremely irate and in a bad mood. was qued for the live chat for 3 hours and when i finally reached 9th in que my pc blue screened now im back in position 18.. at this rate chat will close by the time im seen by them

please tell me what they did to fix your account if they do fix it

well this is an account glitch then, i suggest contacting customer support or one of the devs directly.

and if i were you id lean more towards contacting the devs, as the ticket system is inneficient

Contact them....funny i opend a ticket six day's ago...not a peep ,worst customer service i have ever saw in a game and i have played alot of mmorpg's.

+ Reply to Thread