+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Doors?

Doors?

In my cornerstone, its really annoying when I'm low on health and trying to refill my Elysian flask and something comes in and attacks me. So, could you add a door of some sort into the game?

This PLEASE. I was sad when I saw there were no doors. I didnt even care if they did anything other then make it look like you had a door.

But, I would not be opposed to having it be a working door, where mobs will not come through it if you have it shut.

Until they implement doors, if they do. Make your house have 3 block high walls. You can jump over that with your default 1 jump. The monsters won't be able to scale that.

The way the game feels now I'd assume the game engine can't handle block states, and therefor doors.

Which is a shame.

My house is like.. on a platform, so when i'm inside I'm completely safe. But you shouldn't have to do this just to keep mobs out of your cornerstone.

Well, I would be ok with them making doors like the banners they have now that people use as doors. You can just walk through them. While it does not provide any function, it would allow for the visual of a door.

Or, instead of doors, they could make a craftable Cornerstone portal that's similar to the purple dungeon portals they already have.

My Cornerstone is elevated by like 30 blocks, supported by stylized pillars and a nifty "covered bridge" style staircase to access it. The entrance to the staircase is three blocks off the base level of the cornerstone, which prevents mob access.

Due to this design, the only mob that could ever get in is the Flux Knight, since it teleports in from those rifts in the sky. However, I'm pretty sure those rifts can't open in the 16x16 Cornerstone zone, so as long as I don't claim cornerstones next to trees/cliffs, I'm completely safe.

All this being said, I really wish we had doors, so I could just make a normal house.

What Color of door do you want and what style : D

I need details also how big do you want them? block wise

Anyone play Twilight forest mod for Minecraft? In it they have blocks that, after they are placed, right clicking them turned all connected blocks of that type to passable and invisible for a short period of time. IE, they simply removed the blocks connected for a short period of time. That could be doable.

I refer to Reappearing Block

http://twilightforest.wikispaces.com...chanism+Blocks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast