+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] One-step extracting all client files

Quote Originally Posted by Jrady View Post
    I'm sorry but i just can't figure it out... when i double click the file it just opens it in notepad, and I can't figure out how to open it in command prompt. At first when I opened it the text was all on one line, but i returned everything so it was on the correct line after trying it many times the way it was in the correct folder.

Soo, it just doesn't open command prompt, what am I doing wrong???

Are you sure its a .bat file?
    Sounds like you saved it as a .txt file :s

Help out AlecoX or Zetane! Use this code: "7GZJDE7YR7HGM7NXW6DM" or "DFNTMZKJHX2YT9L3YMTC" in this page!

Yeah it's definitely .bat here's a screenshot of it
    https://gyazo.com/d394f8807cc41fd893baea378db6bb88

sorry i didn't reply quickly didn't know there was a next page.

Edit: is it possible that I've accidentally told it to open with notepad and made it automatically do so from then on? if so how do i change that, cause ive had it happen like that before and i couldn't figure out how to change what it automatically opens to.

Edit: is it possible that I've accidentally told it to open with notepad and made it automatically do so from then on? if so how do i change that, cause ive had it happen like that before and i couldn't figure out how to change what it automatically opens to.
    wrong thats a text file with the name devtool_unpack_client.bat but the actual file name is devtool_unpack_client.bat.txt ,that is because you have not enabled to see the extensions of files.
    All you have to do is enable that, as for how to do that simply search in google the following "file extensions win #" replace # with the windows version you are using, example win 7. then follow the instructions
    IGN Curtharv
    Referal Code H3XT2DRRNGLW3YJMDKJX | Check out my mods

Quote Originally Posted by Curtharv View Post
    wrong thats a text file with the name devtool_unpack_client.bat but the actual file name is devtool_unpack_client.bat.txt ,that is because you have not enabled to see the extensions of files.
    All you have to do is enable that, as for how to do that simply search in google the following "file extensions win #" replace # with the windows version you are using, example win 7. then follow the instructions
    Yeah curtharv is right.
    The .bat file would have a different icon from a .txt file

And you can't change the default application to open .bat files (correct me if im wrong)

If you're on windows 10 (i guess this works on 8, not sure on win 7 anymore...)
    enable the File name extensions and make the .txt to .bat (like what curtharv said)

Help out AlecoX or Zetane! Use this code: "7GZJDE7YR7HGM7NXW6DM" or "DFNTMZKJHX2YT9L3YMTC" in this page!

Ah yeah that did it thanks for being understanding guys. I wonder how the file got the .bat on it but ended up getting the .txt on the end as well...

Edit: Now I'm just wondering how to open these files to look at in qubicle? They are all blueprint extensions which don't seem to be supported by qubicle...

Ah yeah that did it thanks for being understanding guys. I wonder how the file got the .bat on it but ended up getting the .txt on the end as well...

Edit: Now I'm just wondering how to open these files to look at in qubicle? They are all blueprint extensions which don't seem to be supported by qubicle...

Then look for a "qbexport" folder in the Live folder (or PTS if you got the files there) then you can find your .qb files

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2ian View Post
    Then look for a "qbexport" folder in the Live folder (or PTS if you got the files there) then you can find your .qb files
    about that i think the devtool_dungeon_blueprint_to_QB.bat does not create the qbexport folder if it does not exist and thus no files are extracted as a result, i'd suggest you create that folder first before you try to use that
    IGN Curtharv

Ah okay, and what are all these millions of tomb raiser minion files for? There's like files ending in 'a' 's' and 't' of the same type like body foot hand and head.

Ah okay, and what are all these millions of tomb raiser minion files for? There's like files ending in 'a' 's' and 't' of the same type like body foot hand and head.
    qbexport will create 5 files, the base qb file being filename.qb then the type maps for the file being _t _a _s finally it will also create a blueprint called filename_entities.blueprint which is used for dungeon building mainly so you dont have to worry about that and can simply ignore it
    IGN Curtharv

This should be a Sticky Thread tbh since you cant mod anything without extracting the files from the archives.
    My Trovesaurus Account
    In Game Name: ArtiusFox PTS: Artius222
    Mastery Rank: Live: *423* PTS: *394*
    Chaos Factor: Live: 4 PTS: 13, Battle Factor: Live: 3 PTS: 0
    Current Flux: 3,195
    Classes Unlocked: 15/15 All 7.5k+ PR
    My Club: Fox World, Props: 727 Come see it, Club also in PTS.
    Help me get Disaeon: Get Referred Here (Below 20 Mastery) 7/30
    Applying Mods with: Tmod Files, 23 Mods Active(Live)
    Signature Updated as of 11/15/17 3:30 AM EST(Eastern USA)

+ Reply to Thread