Closed Thread
Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update 9 - 7/20 - Trove Queues

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Update 9 - 7/20 - Trove Queues

Updates posted:
    • 11:10 AM PDT / 6:10 PM PDT - The Trove queues are still an issue, and we're continuing to work on the resolution. We've added a huge number of servers, and added optimizations every day since launch, to make room for everyone, but it hasn't been enough.

We've got additional steps to take, and we should have more details soon. For now, please hang in there. Making room for everyone is still our top priority.
    • 2:55 PM PDT / 9:55 PM GMT - More servers coming online, and we'll continue to add them throughout the days ahead. As mentioned previously, while we make these adjustments, queue times will shift pretty drastically. I do apologize for the confusion that causes, but the 6-10 hours queue numbers you may see are not accurate.
    • 7/14/2015 - With the patch rolled out, we're bringing on additional server hardware. There are limits on how quickly we can open them up, however, and we're working to lessen those limits so we're making full use of every piece of hardware.
    • 7/14/2015 - We're back online after our latest patch, and have started to bring additional servers online. The process takes time, because we want to be sure to do it right, but we're much, much closer to making sure everyone who wants to play, can play. While we make adjustments, queue times will likely shift around quite a bit. Thanks so much, everyone!
    • The patch being rolled out during Maintenance today will provide substantial optimization; reducing queues, resolving most of the common causes of recent crashes, and allowing us the freedom to add more hardware quickly.
    • Queues continue to be our top priority. We're still rolling out improvements that allow more players than ever to jump into Trove. The maintenance in the morning will bring with it a patch, and a huge step forward in taking down these queues.
    • We did experience a spike in queue times being displayed at about 10 AM PDT (GMT -7) and continue to monitor the situation. Queue times should level off shortly.
    • We have added additional hardware in both the EU and NA again, and are preparing another group of servers to bring online later today.
    • We've added substantially more hardware and continue to monitor existing queues, and prepare for upgrades, and even more server hardware

Hey folks,

We're very happy with the response to Trove since launch, and in an effort to keep up with demand, we've added additional server hardware, in both the EU and NA, four times since launch. We're also working to bring additional servers online again today (7/12).

The queues are not fun, and we're continuing to take action to improve the situation as quickly as possible. With this being a weekend, and many more players available to play for longer periods, we will likely continue to see queues.

This weekend we have had coders program additional optimizations on several occasions; alleviating some of the burden on existing servers, and have had the single largest increase of new hardware brought online since going live.

A ton of work has been done, and more work will continue, until we are able to provide the best possible experience for players.

Thanks everyone!

New person here~~ Regional servers maybe will fix this? It seems it is all one gigantic server no matter where you live. North America South America Europe Asia ? Going into game and asking for help and getting replies you actually understand would be nice too~ :d

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    New person here~~ Regional servers maybe will fix this? It seems it is all one gigantic server no matter where you live. North America South America Europe Asia ? Going into game and asking for help and getting replies you actually understand would be nice too~ :d
    Sorry, I updated my post. We have servers in the EU and NA, and have added additional servers in both regions. We're keeping an open mind on the options needed going forward, so thanks for the feedback!

Trove needs to add servers where you get put onto random servers and not just one that will fix the problem with waiting. Also i am new to this but i just hate how i have to wait to play its so much fun. When i read your 2 summary of how they have a time limit to play you shouldn't i mean like mostly every game doesn't have a time limit so you should change that too once you do then you made me happy and all of us. Have a nice day everybody

I have a 40 minute queue time right now na server 11:09 were i am this is Not fun at all XD

You should make your wiki more detailed it would really help the noobs (me) out a lot. The people I ask for help don't know what their talking about either

Another problem actually having to do with your thread. Around noon the ques seem to go up higher instead of counting down. It says 30 minutes it takes like a hour.

Hey Fasti, I don't mind the wait, but are 40+ minute wait times normal for this kind of situation? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey folks,

We're very happy with the response to Trove since launch, and in an effort to keep up with demand, we've added additional server hardware, in both the EU and NA, three times since launch 48 hours ago.

The queues are not fun, and we're continuing to take action to improve the situation as quickly as possible. With this being a weekend, and many more players available to play for longer periods, we will likely continue to see queues, but we are absolutely working on it.

Thanks everyone!
    even when you fix it theres still gonna be long ques

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasyzombie View Post
    Hey Fasti, I don't mind the wait, but are 40+ minute wait times normal for this kind of situation? Thanks!
    That does seem to be about the length of time players are waiting, unfortunately.

Closed Thread