+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Comprehensive Trove Modding Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtbail View Post
    yeah 0.4.8
    I underlined the part of the guide advising about the 0.5 fork by Ignitas and added a link directly to it.

Sorry for not making it stand out, but it is crucial, when using Zoxel, to use the amazing updated (0.5+) version by Ignitas as it is enhanced for use with Trove in specific.
    "to be neutral, to be passive in a situation is to collaborate with whatever is going on." - Howard Zinn

...This is some music I made...

Little boxes on the hillside, / Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
    Little boxes on the hillside...
    Little boxes, all the same...

Milambit23/Lykos23/Milambit - That guy what once roamed the Trove Creations Subreddit
    kak Быль Брat

I changed it but now everything is backwards
    Zoxel 0.5 has a new mirror tool too, with which you can correct your broken already modded files.

Sorry for anyone having difficulties with this guide so far; I'm well open to criticism and suggestions plus I have no choice but to reference outside material as well or the guide wouldn't fit in the reserved posts.

I'm nowhere near done with all the things I plan to demonstrate through this guide which should include:

Blueprints
    How to edit your blueprint mod in the metaforge including an introduction to the /floodfill command
    How to add custom things like Water blocks directly into your mod

Texture (Like... Block textures)
    Yeah, we covered the basics on a simple "Texture" specifically for popcornfx, but if at all possible I would like to later incorporate guidance on how to mess with the Trove spritesheets for brand new capacity for textured blocks and the like. A great guide on this already exists for the time being.

Particles:
    Various Particle Physics
    Implementing Certain Math Functions (with the physics)
    Using the math functions to utilize certain code functions
    Particle interaction with the game world
    Secondary Particle Action
    Mesh implementation

Binfab
    How to mess with a prefab for use in metaforge
    How to rename your mod through prefab modification

Sound
    Sound .bnk extraction

UI
    Weeelll... GUI will be solely dependent on assistance (Probably from Dusty_Mustard...) if at all, since I don't often find myself modifying interfaces. :S

Skeletal Animations
    Uhhh... Srsly? Probably nothing in this section 'cause Grandma3D is hard to obtain and it would be months upon months of independent work just to get a single custom animation to work, let alone implementing it in game...

I can't get this to work

Trove.exe -tool extractarchive prefabs\ui\classes extracted\ui\classes
    Okay, I see the problem here... Somewhere while I was copy-pasting I accidentally left "prefabs\" in the commandline. I've modified the OP with the command lines and added Ignitas all-in-one script for initial convenience.

Additionally I seem to have forgotten to include all of the popcornfx related folders out of clumsiness and habit since my popcornfx project is well intact I seem to have initially only included the few folders I extract from to incorporate into my existing Trove popcornfx project... That has been fixed as well as the UI commands.

Thanks for your patience with me, everybody! I'm sort of alternating between modifying my wordpad copy of this guide for posting later and fleshing out those sword wings to demonstrate the capacity of a simple mod project with popcornfx.
    "to be neutral, to be passive in a situation is to collaborate with whatever is going on." - Howard Zinn

Milambit23/Lykos23/Milambit - That guy what once roamed the Trove Creations Subreddit
    kak Быль Брat

im new to making mods but i have followed every guide on the forum to the letter, i puts all the blueprints in a folder with an override folder and then i zipped it. i added the zipped file to trove toolbox and it says it has applied the mod but when i go in game, it isnt there. what did i do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by gamergold View Post
    im new to making mods but i have followed every guide on the forum to the letter, i puts all the blueprints in a folder with an override folder and then i zipped it. i added the zipped file to trove toolbox and it says it has applied the mod but when i go in game, it isnt there. what did i do wrong?
    If you are testing the mod then putting .blueprint files alone into blueprints/override/ will suffice. If you are zipping the mod then simply putting the files inside a "blueprints" folder inside a zip is how to install it through the loader.

kak Быль Брat

i would just like to test it and i have both of those done but i still cant see it in game:/

i would just like to test it and i have both of those done but i still cant see it in game:/
    is the .blueprint file name exactly the same as the file you're replacing?

It helps to extract an existing mod as an example and to make sure you haven't zipped up your mod to be a folder within a folder.

kak Быль Брat

yes exactly the same and i have done that as well but neither has made it work, any idea what could be wrong?

yes exactly the same and i have done that as well but neither has made it work, any idea what could be wrong?
    Could you upload the files you're working with (just the .blueprints) to dropbox? It could be a simple file structure error.

Note: When zipping a mod, disregard /override folders, trovesaurus' toolbox automatically places them appropriately (you only need to place the files in /blueprints inside the zip).

kak Быль Брat

ohh okay disgread the override file when adding to toolbox, i'll try that and try to upload the drive. ty for the help i'll see if it works

+ Reply to Thread