+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Devs: Please DO NOT release this game. yet.

Exclamation Devs: Please DO NOT release this game. yet.

The title says it all. If you devs are considering that Trove is even remotely close to being released, then you are more bonkers than Conker on his bad fur day.

Releasing this game on Steam right now would be the most humiliating thing you could do to your game, as it would most likely get torn a new one by the Steam community reviews and lose out on a lot of potential players.

There is an inexcusable amount of broken crap in this game that desperately needs to be fixed. I don't even know where to start, but I'll begin.

First off, this game has absolutely no additional content or mechanics past CB release. Besides the minor tweaks here and there and the extra boss buffs, we are still doing the same exact quests to the same exact enemies in the same exact worlds. Please, add more stuff to do/stuff that can happen that doesn't require collecting or grinding mindlessly on cookie cutter enemies. (I.E. elemental damage to enemies, enemies that resist elemental damage, more skills per class, more quest types, more enemy types, more more more, more etc.)

Secondly, the bugs. There are some that still exist from before CB was even launched (for example the block desync bug is still annoying the piss out of many builders). This is definitely unacceptable because you guys have had months to figure out how to get around this bug but have focused too much on other areas that don't even need improvement (I'm pointing back at the collections item here). As for more recent bugs, there's the one that you still haven't fixed in a few patches where if you die in an SA it doesn't restart. That's basically a game breaking bug because it is affecting one of the few mechanics you have going for this game. Another is the styles menu not loading fully towards the bottom. The entire collections UI needs a good overhaul because the tabs are taking up way too much room (basically half of the window). Then there's this new world spawn in garbage. Why is spawning in worlds so broken now? Only a few people around spawns and it's not even in a spawn area anymore. The only way to get to it in any new world is by throwing down an origin portal potion? Smart, guys. Real smart.

Finally, this game is lagging (server side) way more than it was in the past. That needs some attention.

I don't mean to rant or be insensitive here, only you guys know how hard you really are working behind the scenes. But seriously, as many would say to Tyrone, get it together. Please do yourselves a favor and do not release this game until you address most of the core issues it still contains.
    ~~My Store~~
    IGN: MajorTom

Refer-a-friend code: Le link of le refer le le le lelele

Want to listen to some music within Trove?
    Check out my website! http://trovianmaestros.zohosites.com/

I'm on your side, I really think too the game is still not ready for a steam release :
    - I believe the bugs will mostly be fixed, and some cant be fixed without a greater feedback from more players.
    - But, as Tomslucky said, we really lack content, stuff to do. We'll get quite alot of new stuff on next update but honestly, it's all about grinding dungeons, the same ones, with U6 being a copy of all other U5 with bigger stats on monsters(or you're hiding a new thing from U6? )
    In my opinion we need more content firstly on non-fight mechanics : more building mechanics, more features for cornerstones, club, trade and chat(coming), underground update (i want dis), something else than gardening, mining or fishing to do else than adventure.
    Secondly comes fighting stuff : the everdark (pls), radiant dungeons, more types of end-game content (other than SAs -repetitive-).

Obviously, all this is quite a long way (over 6 months I guess), and i've listed up too much things I think, but those are really important for a steam release because of the steam community being really big.

Devs have absolutely no power over that.
    Devs create the game, editors sells it.

Trion wants the game out, and I dont think they care if the game is ready or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tomslucky7 View Post
    Why is spawning in worlds so broken now? Only a few people around spawns and it's not even in a spawn area anymore. The only way to get to it in any new world is by throwing down an origin portal potion? Smart, guys. Real smart.
    You are aware that this was a feature...right?

This was done because of the fact that tons of people would spawn in the same spot, often with only a few lairs/dungeons around, causing some people to have to run a good 2-3 biomes out before they could do anything.

As for the whole elemental damage thing...this game is designed to be simple. A system like that would not work. I for one would not want to be forced to play a class just because it was one of few that could kill something. More enemy types, sure, I'm for that. More skills...again, I'm for that, though I doubt it would happen as once again, this is a simple game and is designed to be simple. They have games like Rift for the people who want to have a more engaged MMO.

They did state that the next few patches before launch will be fixing more of the issues. They have 4 more patches before launch. I'm sure they can get mostly everything fixed by then.

i disagree

iam not sure that this game realy need all this content poop that i can have in any other MMO.
    you need more content ? play arche age, rift or whatever.
    thousands of dungeons, raids and pvp. softmode, hardmode.
    i dont want to play a Landmark-clone.

but i dont need this. i like this game because its 95% cosmetic and as a new player i have a lot things to do.

something i dont like is the steam release.
    i fear that to many player join the game.
    that will be the overkill in the chat and a lagfest in the bioms.
    ofc we need more player (bcs anyone have to pay the Ferrari`s *joke*) but not to many player

and the bugs that allready exist ?

we need a lot basics (i call them basics)

set up our own UI in size and location of any window
    we need a better chatsystem at all (size of the chatwindow, folder for each channel, more colors, maybe some emojis ...)
    we need an easier way to report / block spammer or goldseller
    we need a better clubinterface (ofc we have a list of the most /commands but that can be easier), more ranks and a way to rename them into whatever we want.

Watch the language - Ocho

Chat channels and adventure worlds have player limits, so I don't think the influx in players would cause spam.

Rally blade was broken last patch, I hope they'er working on fixing that. It's hard to group now.

And what ever happened to the Underground update? I thought that was supposed to come out before launch.
    The Boomeranger (Adventurer) update got released instead of that but they said it would come out after it.

No mention of it on the Producer Letter: Road to Launch.

And I disagree, aside from some bugs (which there should be enough time by release to fix) Trove is ready for release.
    It's a casual game, remember that, a casual game. They're focusing on end game a little more now which I like, but it isn't their primary concern.

I agree I don't believe the game is ready to be fully released
    Mastery Level: 222
    IGN: ALG_RAMPAGE_X
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Trovesaurus Mod Database: http://www.trovesaurus.com/ | VoxelBusters: http://www.voxelbusters.net | Referral Link: http://www.trovesaurus.com/link.php?id=223 Referral Code: XMHNDX3RWLNQGWNGLDFH

Quote Originally Posted by Merava View Post
    Chat channels and adventure worlds have player limits, so I don't think the influx in players would cause spam.

Rally blade was broken last patch, I hope they'er working on fixing that. It's hard to group now.

And what ever happened to the Underground update? I thought that was supposed to come out before launch.
    The Boomeranger (Adventurer) update got released instead of that but they said it would come out after it.

No mention of it on the Producer Letter: Road to Launch.

And I disagree, aside from some bugs (which there should be enough time by release to fix) Trove is ready for release.
    It's a casual game, remember that, a casual game. They're focusing on end game a little more now which I like, but it isn't their primary concern.
    I think that's a major problem (about chats) : I already found that chat limit was too limited : me and my brothers are never on the same chat and this really limits how well we can appreciate it (for trade or just general chat). The problem is that if we higher it, it gonna be a mess...
    Apart from that, you got a point on the fact that it's a casual game and it's quite ready for the official launch. But what tomslucky said is that (if I got it) it is not ready for steam launch because of the massive player income that will follow it and the steam community might ruin Trove potential if it gets too early on their. However, the community on steam isnt so bad and most player understand that a game can evolve really fast so now I dont really know. Anyway I dont think the devs will cancel the trove release on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Roukira View Post
    I think that's a major problem (about chats) : I already found that chat limit was too limited : me and my brothers are never on the same chat and this really limits how well we can appreciate it (for trade or just general chat). The problem is that if we higher it, it gonna be a mess...
    Apart from that, you got a point on the fact that it's a casual game and it's quite ready for the official launch. But what tomslucky said is that (if I got it) it is not ready for steam launch because of the massive player income that will follow it and the steam community might ruin Trove potential if it gets too early on their. However, the community on steam isnt so bad and most player understand that a game can evolve really fast so now I dont really know. Anyway I dont think the devs will cancel the trove release on steam.
    Yeah. It's a perfect time to release the game if you think about it. Summer, target audience (kids) are out of school etc.

And as for the chat thingie, I don't see how that's a problem. You can create your own chat channel (/join name) the name has to be not taken though. And if you invite your friend to your adventure world he's already in your World chat.

I'd prefer if the game was on Steam but still as open beta.
    Launching the game without testing pvp and without giving building the love it needs, sounds a bit silly.
    What worries me the most right now is how the updates generate a lot of bugs, and these rollbacks we keep having on server crashes since boomeranger was released.
    IGN: Talita
    Leader of "The Trovians" and "Gamesguts Brasil"
    Trove Brasil admin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast