+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class Idea:" Reaper "Uses new kind of weapon :0!!

Class Idea:" Reaper "Uses new kind of weapon :0!!

Hello, I am Excell and i had a fun idea for the next class !

The Reaper Class: I have been playing, lets say 30 Mmorpgs and until now i found out most games use those stereo classes off bow / sword / staff. Trove also uses these weapons but their use of classes are amazing and creative.

But its time to take it to the next lvl !! We need a class thats special and it has to have a weapon thats not commonly used in mmos like the twin guns of the gunslinger

My idea : A class that uses a Scythe and is not a mage! I has to be able to use melee with the scythe i found out in my late game experience that scythes are BOSS. and thats why we need a reaper class. This class would also fit the cursed biome.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

-----Skills-----

Passive: Deals corrosive dmg when its over half off his health When he dies he does aoe dmg to all minions in range.

M1 : Melee basic atks

M2: He pulls up to 3 minions to himself with his Scythe he can extend the length of the scythe or uses a chain ( not yet figured out this skill but if better suggestions then comment it !!)

1: spawns an aura on the floor with crawling hands that slows enemies while dealing little dmg if combined with M2 the enemies will be stunned.

2: Revival of the death this skill is a buff to all ally people and the reaper itself the range of the reaper will extend and he gains higher corrosive dmg wich will stack on his passive. If any memorial stones of players that died are nearby they will be instantly revived. this ultimate is rather op so it will have lots op cooldown and so people would prefere to get te potion that grants cooldown for a certain time.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________

This is my idea, i know its kind of funny and ambitious. But i will never know unless i try XD!
    Scythes are awesome Corrosive dmg is something new to the game and not comparable with the dracolyte one hit and the poisen will do duration dmg.

SO if you like this idea and want to let the Devs know we Like Scyths too, or you want to make improvements to this idea Go for it and suggest it !!

Type : " Hype" if you want this to happen :P

Type: " Nope" if you think its lame and you hate me and :c and uhuhu and so on ...

Also sorry for my bad English! i typed this rather fast..

By Excell :3

A "Reaper" class using a scythe weapon has been suggested before, in many different ways. Personally, as scythe weapon would not be a good fit for Trove, simply because it only fits one archetype of class ("reaper"). As a criticism of the post as a whole, spend some time making sure that your spelling and grammar are correct and proper. More people will understand and be excited by your suggestion if they can easily read and understand it. The Class itself seems strange, mostly because many specifics aren't noted. For example, with the passive, is the corrosive damage an area effect, or an on-hit effect? and by "minions," do you mean enemies? Also, he seems to be a melee fighter, but he lacks any defensive abilities, and his ultimate seems more supportive than offensive. Also, the ultimate seems to do a lot of things. From reading it, it resurrects allies, and provides a personal damage and range buff, and buffs ally damage? That seems like an excessive amount on one skill. The only thing in game that can do such a variety of effects is the Boomeranger's ultimate, and that is balanced by only doing one thing at a time. Also, you aren't really clear as to what "Corrosive" damage is. Do you mean damage over time, like poison? A dark, reaper-style class could easily work in Trove, but having it's own weapon class seems strange, and a lot of the skills here have no real synergy (except a forced synergy beween the M2 and 1 skills) Maybe a self-healing skill, and either make the ultimate a team buff, self buff, or resurrection, and not all 3. If the Reaper is supposed to be at half health to use his passive, then having no way to recover health puts him at an extreme disadvantage. Also, you aren't really clear as to what "Corrosive" damage is. Do you mean damage over time, like poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Echowing View Post
    A "Reaper" class using a scythe weapon has been suggested before, in many different ways. Personally, as scythe weapon would not be a good fit for Trove, simply because it only fits one archetype of class ("reaper"). As a criticism of the post as a whole, spend some time making sure that your spelling and grammar are correct and proper. More people will understand and be excited by your suggestion if they can easily read and understand it. The Class itself seems strange, mostly because many specifics aren't noted. For example, with the passive, is the corrosive damage an area effect, or an on-hit effect? and by "minions," do you mean enemies? Also, he seems to be a melee fighter, but he lacks any defensive abilities, and his ultimate seems more supportive than offensive. Also, the ultimate seems to do a lot of things. From reading it, it resurrects allies, and provides a personal damage and range buff, and buffs ally damage? That seems like an excessive amount on one skill. The only thing in game that can do such a variety of effects is the Boomeranger's ultimate, and that is balanced by only doing one thing at a time. Also, you aren't really clear as to what "Corrosive" damage is. Do you mean damage over time, like poison? A dark, reaper-style class could easily work in Trove, but having it's own weapon class seems strange, and a lot of the skills here have no real synergy (except a forced synergy beween the M2 and 1 skills) Maybe a self-healing skill, and either make the ultimate a team buff, self buff, or resurrection, and not all 3. If the Reaper is supposed to be at half health to use his passive, then having no way to recover health puts him at an extreme disadvantage. Also, you aren't really clear as to what "Corrosive" damage is. Do you mean damage over time, like poison?
    1. Yes, Its like you said: "damage over time". The passive should work with one hit, it will apply poison for a certain amount off time.
    2. Minions = Monsters.
    3. Scythe isn't only used by a reaper if you use your imagination.
    4. For the ult : It should be reviving people if anyone is near and death. ( not healing or anything ) And the extend of range buff + ( higher corrosive dmg but this might be the OP part ).
    5. Healing skill would make it to op, i think. There is already a pet like prowling shadow and samantha that grants lots of classes tankines.
    6. And like i said scythe is cool but, if people can get skill ideas of this thread for a next class it would make me happy :P

Its just for the fun of it to see reactions , like yours. And to brainstorm.

I also posted in my thread that my english is poor somethimes, i gave the warning knowing that people might get confused. But its not like I can learn a language in 3 2 1.. so

Still thank you for your comment and thoughts !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Excell View Post
    Hello, I am Excell and i had a fun idea for the next class !

The Reaper Class: I have been playing, lets say 30 Mmorpgs and until now i found out most games use those stereo classes off bow / sword / staff. Trove also uses these weapons but their use of classes are amazing and creative.

But its time to take it to the next lvl !! We need a class thats special and it has to have a weapon thats not commonly used in mmos like the twin guns of the gunslinger

My idea : A class that uses a Scythe and is not a mage! I has to be able to use melee with the scythe i found out in my late game experience that scythes are BOSS. and thats why we need a reaper class. This class would also fit the cursed biome.

-----Skills-----

Passive: Deals corrosive dmg when its over half off his health When he dies he does aoe dmg to all minions in range.

M1 : Melee basic atks

M2: He pulls up to 3 minions to himself with his Scythe he can extend the length of the scythe or uses a chain ( not yet figured out this skill but if better suggestions then comment it !!)

1: spawns an aura on the floor with crawling hands that slows enemies while dealing little dmg if combined with M2 the enemies will be stunned.

2: Revival of the death this skill is a buff to all ally people and the reaper itself the range of the reaper will extend and he gains higher corrosive dmg wich will stack on his passive. If any memorial stones of players that died are nearby they will be instantly revived. this ultimate is rather op so it will have lots op cooldown and so people would prefere to get te potion that grants cooldown for a certain time.

This is my idea, i know its kind of funny and ambitious. But i will never know unless i try XD!
    Scythes are awesome Corrosive dmg is something new to the game and not comparable with the dracolyte one hit and the poisen will do duration dmg.

SO if you like this idea and want to let the Devs know we Like Scyths too, or you want to make improvements to this idea Go for it and suggest it !!

Type : " Hype" if you want this to happen :P

Type: " Nope" if you think its lame and you hate me and :c and uhuhu and so on ...

Also sorry for my bad English! i typed this rather fast..

By Excell :3
    I have really liked all the recent scythe classes, people really seem to want a squishy damage-centered melee.

Having said that, i am beginning to question the viability of a scythe weapon. The scythe is just so specific; generally a sickle/curved blade fixed to the end of a shaft. This doesn't leave much room for creativity when it comes to weapon designs, because ultimately they will all be stuck in that somewhat limited format. Simply using melee weapons wouldn't work either, though, because melee weapons only have one fixation point (assuming the scythe would be held with two hands in combat), and their style doesn't really fit at all with the theme of a class that would wield a scythe to begin with.

I quite like the first ability, allowing you to pull enemies to you. That, combined with his slowing ability, makes him seem more like a control-oriented class (pull them in, then keep them in via your slow.)

Unfortunately, the passive and ultimate don't really synergize with the rest of his kit, or his theme. The passive implies that you need to get to a lower health level, which sounds fairly dangerous for a class with no innate mobility/defense/sustain - trigger the passive could very well get you killed since enemies can easily burst us from 50% - 0% in 1-2 hits. From the sounds of it, the majority of his damage would be coming from the corrosive damage, so that is quite a risky gambit to be running.

Likewise, the ultimate feels like it is simply trying to do too much at once. The player revival is very niche, as you rarely have players that need to be resurrected; if you do, you then are forced to not use your ultimate until someone had died. This enforces a somewhat negative playing behavior, as it is generally better to be able to freely use/coordinate ultimate abilities, and to do so in an effort to prevent death, rather than respond to death. Perhaps an ultimate that allowed him to fly into the air and target an enemy to bombard them, or an ultimate that would allow him to spread corrosive damage to all enemies while phasing through them (as in, you have no unit collision during its duration.) This would allow him to deal heavy damage, and give him some much needed mobility in battle, which favors his kit better than a random buff/shield/revival bundle (in my opinion, at least.)

Overall, I like the concept, and look forward to seeing any refinements made.

Hype!
    I hope trove adds this class into the game!
    (But makes the skills more balanced then what you described)

Wow, a 2-year thread necro. Amazing.
    Stay Awesome,
    -DragonCoffee (IGN)
    Discord: DragonCoffee#9172
    Have a great suggestion for Trove? Check if it's been suggested before on my Main Suggestion List! The ultimate suggestion consolidation thread project!
    (A full list of every suggestion for Trove posted by anyone!)

+ Reply to Thread