+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Golden Thread Standalone Objectives

[Suggestion] Golden Thread Standalone Objectives

Just some thoughts regarding some potential standalone objectives that would provide cubits through the Golden Thread. It's great that there are so many new items available for cubits-but I feel like the number of items is vastly outpacing the ability to gain cubits.

To help with perspective on cubits:

Quote Originally Posted by Matthieux View Post
    The current golden thread is 22,250 cubits. The new flasks (if you had all of the previous ones unlocked) are 112,000. Even if you didn't buy any mounts or wings, that still leaves you with 21 weeks of daily bonuses to get all the new flasks and emblems. Someone else already did the math in this thread, but here are the essentials:
    • 52 weeks of daily bonuses with 4500 cubits/week: 234,000
    • Current Mastery Cubit rewards: 19,000
    • Current Golden Thread Cubit Total: 18,250
    • Total Cubits (1 year): 275,250
    • Current cubit total of items in the shop: 292,000
    This is also assuming that people (prior to the golden thread + flask update) already have all previous items that were available for cubits (mounts, wings, flasks, classes). Keep in mind that while there are a lot of cubits available already, new players with fresh mastery and Golden Threads will still have to weigh whether they want to buy a new class or a different flask, etc.

My suggestions for new objectives + rewards would be something like:
    • Get [X] class to level 10: 1500 cubits
    • Get [X] class to level 20: 5000 cubits
    • Train a profession to level 150: 1500 cubits
    • Train a profession to level 250: 5000 cubits

This would provide 84,500 cubits or so (depending on how values would be tweaked) for completing everything. These objectives should be separate from the standard Golden Thread questline, since it'd be tortuous to force anyone through the classes in any specified order in order to reap the benefits.

My main reasoning for the values suggested is that it would essentially provide enough cubits to purchase a new flask or emblem as a reward for hitting the level cap on each class OR purchase their next class. While this wouldn't provide enough to get everything, I'm sure that combined with the other golden thread objectives and daily bonuses it'd go a long way towards acquiring the cubit items that you want (since hitting level 20 on every class or maxing professions is no easy feat). Other standalone objectives could also include things like:
    • Complete 500 Shadow Arenas
    • Complete 1000 dungeons
    • Place 10000 blocks
    • Destroy 10000 blocks
    However-I think that those types of objectives are going to be part of the badge/achievement system in the future (which has its own set of rewards). Not sure about that though!

In any case. Just a thought-could be a silly idea since the new golden thread objectives (current details still unknown) may provide an inordinate amount of cubits or address any concerns in lack of cubits.

Yes! YES! This is what i mean with more golden thread objectives! I need this in my life!

This is excactly what we need!
    All the new thing are so expensive.
    My referral code: RCE36EDG7XH9T3QN3JH2

Quote Originally Posted by Matthieux View Post
    Just some thoughts regarding some potential standalone objectives that would provide cubits through the Golden Thread. It's great that there are so many new items available for cubits-but I feel like the number of items is vastly outpacing the ability to gain cubits. The new require a total of 112,000 cubits to attain. At 4500 cubits/week, this would be 25 weeks of getting the cubit bonus every day in order to acquire (provided that no new cubit items are added during that time, which is unlikely).

This is also assuming that people (prior to this update) already have all previous items that were available for cubits (mounts, wings, flasks, classes). Keep in mind that while there are a lot of cubits available already, new players with fresh mastery and Golden Threads will still have to weigh whether they want to buy a new class or a different flask, etc.

My suggestions for new objectives + rewards would be something like:
    • Get [X] class to level 10: 1500 cubits
    • Get [X] class to level 20: 5000 cubits
    • Train a profession to level 150: 1500 cubits
    • Train a profession to level 250: 5000 cubits

This would provide 84,500 cubits or so (depending on how values would be tweaked) for completing everything. These objectives should be separate from the standard Golden Thread questline, since it'd be tortuous to force anyone through the classes in any specified order in order to reap the benefits.

My main reasoning for the values suggested is that it would essentially provide enough cubits to purchase a new flask or emblem as a reward for hitting the level cap on each class OR purchase their next class. While this wouldn't provide enough to get everything, I'm sure that combined with the other golden thread objectives and daily bonuses it'd go a long way towards acquiring the cubit items that you want (since hitting level 20 on every class or maxing professions is no easy feat). Other standalone objectives could also include things like:
    • Complete 500 Shadow Arenas
    • Complete 1000 dungeons
    • Place 10000 blocks
    • Destroy 10000 blocks
    However-I think that those types of objectives are going to be part of the badge/achievement system in the future (which has its own set of rewards). Not sure about that though!

In any case. Just a thought-could be a silly idea since the new golden thread objectives (current details still unknown) may provide an inordinate amount of cubits or address any concerns in lack of cubits.
    I hope this is retroactive. In my tenure, I've cleared at least 20k dungeons lol

And they could do some objectives with how many monsters we kill or quests we complete (if it already doesn't do that, mb for not checking). They track these stats, you can view them through /stats

Quote Originally Posted by Cleiru View Post
    I hope this is retroactive. In my tenure, I've cleared at least 20k dungeons lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Merava View Post
    And they could do some objectives with how many monsters we kill or quests we complete (if it already doesn't do that, mb for not checking). They track these stats, you can view them through /stats
    Yeah, it's my hope that for some of the bigger achievements (X number of dungeons killed, X number of monsters/quests, etc) that it would include all you've previously done. Monsters killed and quests completed are already tracked so it'd be easy enough to implement

i feel like more quests from the golden thread would be awesome, i think if it would be cool for the golden thread to have like daily target quests where you will be rewarded for killing the right monster and turning in it's head
    Mastery Level: 222
    IGN: ALG_RAMPAGE_X
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Trovesaurus Mod Database: http://www.trovesaurus.com/ | VoxelBusters: http://www.voxelbusters.net | Referral Link: http://www.trovesaurus.com/link.php?id=223 Referral Code: XMHNDX3RWLNQGWNGLDFH

This seems like a great way to help relieve the cubit inflation, encourage newer players to branch out and want to progress, and give increased (and more immediate) incentive to train classes you may not normally play, beyond just as mastery sources!

Support!

Quote Originally Posted by ALG RAMPAGE X View Post
    i feel like more quests from the golden thread would be awesome, i think if it would be cool for the golden thread to have like daily target quests where you will be rewarded for killing the right monster and turning in it's head
    I really like that idea-I think they'd mentioned something like that in the past so hopefully it becomes a reality-like a daily objective that you would have to do, available only that day.

I know that more golden thread objectives are coming though, so hopefully that'll help with the cubit situation as well (I know the patch notes said it would so fingers crossed).

ACTUAL Achievements!

Such good. Very idea.
    Could be progression-like like Minecraft.
    IGN: Mariofan8811
    All of my mods can be found here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast