+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: TroveStock | A live market site [external]

Don't let this die.
    I know there is some improvements needed but i really hope that the people who trade on the forums start to use this.
    if others redirected to this website see items to buy being updated on a daily basis then it will only grow

ill be bumping this every day
    I love the Desert Frontier Song!

I've made a ingame addon that links this awesome site which you can find the addon here: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...k-Ingame-Addon
    Mastery Level: 222
    IGN: ALG_RAMPAGE_X
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Trovesaurus Mod Database: http://www.trovesaurus.com/ | VoxelBusters: http://www.voxelbusters.net | Referral Link: http://www.trovesaurus.com/link.php?id=223 Referral Code: XMHNDX3RWLNQGWNGLDFH

Quote Originally Posted by OP411 View Post
    Don't let this die.
    I know there is some improvements needed but i really hope that the people who trade on the forums start to use this.
    if others redirected to this website see items to buy being updated on a daily basis then it will only grow
    It'd be nice if registering on the site wasn't mandatory to even view what sort of trades are going on.

User names could be reserved hidden until logging in as well as placing orders; I just want to see what others are putting stuff up for.

I'm having a lot of issues with your site because it's not very intuitive and lacks the basic functionality that I would associate with an auction house or trading system in an mmo. There is a lot of pointless redundancy (like 3 links to the home page on the top left). The wording you have chosen is not consistent with what people would expect. For example, "view all orders" actually means "view only my orders and only if I'm in online mode."

Your front page is ridiculously busy and cluttered with thousands of words and numbers. It does not look inviting at all and you need to simply your model while at the same time adding more functionality. You can not view orders on the website without registering first. I understand the need to have to register to post buy or sell orders but you can't even VIEW existing orders?

When you login, you are taken to the my orders page (i think?) but at the top, the "my orders" link doesn't look "active" or "pressed" or something to indicate that this is the page i'm on. If you gave "my orders" a different colour or a pushed in type feel it would aid in mental navigation to know where you are. The "my orders" page allows you to view and delete, but not create orders.

Why is there an equipment link at the top, but no link for mounts, or crafting materials, or ore, etc etc. You don't even need a link up there for that.

The create a buy/sell order template is really really bad. There's not a single thing I like about it.
    1. The create buy/sell order button should be at the top on the bar with all the other links.
    2. You should have a drop down list / tree: Item: Equipment >> Hat instead of locking this field.
    3. "Level" should be changed to "Rarity" and have a choice of Uncommon --> Shadow
    4. "Name" should be optional. If i'm looking for a particular shadow hat style, i'd like to be able to choose it rather than putting up a generic hat request
    5. "Total Stars" is a bad category. I understand you want a way for people to say they want something specific like 8*. .but what if i'm looking for a hat with any stars and any forge level and any stats. Leaving it blank breaks takes you to a broken website page. Ontop of this if you leave it blank it generates an order with "-" dashes in 15 categories. Rather than all that you should be able to mouseover the item to view specifics and the page should show the essentials.

Why is the age of items listed in minutes? Does it really matter if something was posted 3 minutes ago or 5 minutes ago? Have you ever heard of anyone saying, "i've been trying to sell this for a thousand minutes" This is what i mean when I say not-intuitive and overly complicated while still having negligble functionality.
    Suggestions: Reticule Colour | Mob Auras
    Referral Code: LPZK-XGCW-L3KZ-HJ2R-7D3W
    Why does maintenance take so long? Read this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5