+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TroveStock | A live market site [external]

TroveStock | A live market site [external]

Hello Everybody!

I have been thinking that Trove could really use a market to place buy and sell orders. Who likes to flip through forums or spam a chat channel to offload/buy goods?

Since the game doesn't have this (yet?), the next best thing is having a web application that does just this! I searched, and found a few attempts that either were no longer being maintained, seemed shady, or just plain didn't have the features to make it convenient.

For this reason, I decided to give it a go and present to you TroveStock (trovestock.com)!

The idea is to have a place that can show as close to live buy and sells orders as possible. The principal point being 'live'. To try and emulate this, TroveStock's orders are created with a timer that ticks in minutes, so as you are looking at orders you can see how old they are.

And active marketeer, can (and should) periodically refresh all of there order's timers to keep them fresh while they are in game. To make this easy there is a button in the order management screen to allow them to do this. Conversely, they can go into offline mode. This will suspend their orders until they are ready to go back into online mode.

Hopefully one day there will be a market in game, but until then TroveStock will stay online and be actively developed!

Today is the initial public release day for the project, and there are a few small parts missing and some cool ideas planned that have yet to be implemented into the production site.

Please check it out, and if you like it, share it with your fellow Trovians!

P.S I really wish there was a way to validate in game names (Hint Hint API pl0x!), as one of my 'customer service' concerns is related to people falsely registering other's in game names. I suggest that you secure your name, even if you don't plan to use the site right away!

Here is some of what the interface looks like:

Looking at buy orders for a specific item:

Looking at sell orders for a specific item:

What the order management UI looks like (My Orders)

Thanks!
    -ign CubFuzzy

Reminds me of Maple Story's BasilMarket. Any chance on a bidding feature for items instead of just buy/sell prices?
    EDIT: Great idea by the way, but will be hard to get a majority of players to sign up for it.

Yessssssssssssss

I love thissssssssss and give my auctionnn

Very nice site. Hope people will register and use it. I've heard some players oppose centralized trading system, although I am not sure why.
    If I may make a suggestion: ability to mark orders you're interested in and optional email notification when user that put them in goes in online mode.

Devs* This is Legal?

I don't intend for this to sound rude, but your first post on the forums being an external link to a site which in essence would effect how much players get is kind of sketchy.

This... is awesome
    IGN: Celeress
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/celeress
    My latest mod: Battle Banner Sage
    Referral Code: YCCR-JL2Q-D7TH-79DE-WZK6
    Mastery level: 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpntug View Post
    we want to ease into the idea like an old man into a tub

Awesome stuff buddie, if you need a gfx designer to turn this into more trove looking site feel free to leave me whisper.

On "View all orders" page default sorting would be better by age rather than by name, I think. Also, I like site's minimal design as it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast