+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Movement Speed

Movement Speed

I just finished making a movement speed set of gear (MS** on all 3 non-ring items) and realized that it only goes up to 81 speed. I expected maximum movement speed to go beyond the 90 mounted speed, and am feeling sad that it didn't meet my expectations.

My intent for my movement speed gear is to use it with my lasermancy** gear while mining to move faster. But beyond that, it feels like a useless stat if you still need to mount up after maxing it out.

Is there something I'm missing? Should movement speed be looked at and possibly re-balanced? Or is it fine as is and it's good that it doesn't compete with mounts?

Be an ice sage (+10 with the shield) or ninja (gains movespeed from leveling).

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Be an ice sage (+10 with the shield) or ninja (gains movespeed from leveling).
    Those are good suggestions. The Sage's shield doesn't naturally run out, right? And does the NN get passive speed, or just the speed from stealthing?

Quote Originally Posted by Koviko View Post
    I just finished making a movement speed set of gear (MS** on all 3 non-ring items) and realized that it only goes up to 81 speed. I expected maximum movement speed to go beyond the 90 mounted speed, and am feeling sad that it didn't meet my expectations.

My intent for my movement speed gear is to use it with my lasermancy** gear while mining to move faster. But beyond that, it feels like a useless stat if you still need to mount up after maxing it out.

Is there something I'm missing? Should movement speed be looked at and possibly re-balanced? Or is it fine as is and it's good that it doesn't compete with mounts?
    I do not think players are intended to meet mount speed with movement speed stats. With that said, Ice Sages and Neon Ninjas can actually outrun mounts with maximum movement speed gear, which is pretty fun, funny to witness too!

Edit: The Ice Sage shield does not run out unless you take a hit equal to 10% or more of your maximum HP, which shouldn't happen too much whilst mining. The Neon Ninja just receives +3 movement speed at level 20 to my knowledge (which, admittedly, is not too vast when it comes to Neon Ninjas.) Both work very well for the purpose, though!

Dracolyte is also faster base, and gets an extreme movement speed buff from lava. It is possible to achieve movement speeds of 145+ with that passive. I personally feel that movement speed is fine, as it means that while characters can get to pretty high speeds, it never fully invalidates other forms of transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Echowing View Post
    Dracolyte is also faster base, and gets an extreme movement speed buff from lava. It is possible to achieve movement speeds of 145+ with that passive. I personally feel that movement speed is fine, as it means that while characters can get to pretty high speeds, it never fully invalidates other forms of transportation.
    Dracolyte is generally my go-to mining class, purely because I really do not have to worry about the lava at all, and it lets me quickly swim around finishing off ore pockets that I might not otherwise notice haha.

The Ice Sage shield disappears if you go into build mode.
    Can't mine with it on
    IGN: Celeress
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/celeress
    My latest mod: Battle Banner Sage
    Referral Code: YCCR-JL2Q-D7TH-79DE-WZK6
    Mastery level: 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpntug View Post
    we want to ease into the idea like an old man into a tub

Dracolyte was the class i was using as well, but I tossed the gear on my SH since I really need to level it. I just pop of enemies through walls while mining. I'll hit 20 eventually. lol

Draco actually has faster movement speed? That's good to hear! How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeress View Post
    Can't mine with it on
    Good point, I do remember that being annoying, especially since I was brand new and swapped into build mode by accident a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeress View Post
    Can't mine with it on
    Oh goodness, I completely forgot about that (annoying) factor haha. I just reflexively renew it any time I change modes now, it did not even come to mind. That rules out Ice Sage then! Luckily Neon Ninjas are still speedy, as are Dracolytes.

@Koviko I believe Dracolytes gain one extra movement speed at 20, and of course they receive a huge boost when in lava (I am not sure of the exact number, though.)

+ Reply to Thread