Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Mount] Shrimp Nigiri

OMG I love this! Genius!

Awesome! I'll use this... as soon as I save up enough to get a caterpillar mount...

P.S. I'm eating some right now. Anyone jealous? :P

yup, just thought of it. you were fast.

The new caterpillar rig is just so perfect for the idea. Awesome sushi mod, Sushi ^_^

Sushi staying true to her name xD. This is hilarious.

-Checks Title- Mmm, Must be a Great and Delicious Mount -Sees Insect Sushi- Nvm, -Sees the Real mount- Nvm, im Hungry again, xD I Would Love to see it Ingame, Yummy Sushi
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    #AllTheFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    I still think it looks like you are hoarding glowing bananas

A shrimp, I must have this...

Quote Originally Posted by FriedSushi View Post
    I am disappointed! This sushi doesn't look fried at all! Did you even bread it first before deep frying? Ten points off your final grade, see me after Home Economics class.

Fake teacher jokes aside, you finally got the mount rig you've been dying to have, I'm sure! I don't have an automopillar license, so I can't drive around on the Jade Larvorghini. Since I can't really check this out in-game yet, and I can't view it how I want to, I'll try to limit my nitpicking.

For starters, good job as always. A nice seaweed wrap for a saddle. Which I suddenly realize is really out of place for this type of sushi, huh? But it's the best way to use the theme of sushi to incorporate a seat on the mount, so that's fine. My first concern is: How does Trove accept the speck dotting of colors in the guidelines? I saw a different mod say there was too much "noise" from the speckling. However, that was all over the entire thing, and this is only the seaweed itself in that one section, so maybe that's a bit acceptable. I'm not sure.

I personally figured speckling the rice would have made it more realistic, but that definitely might have resulted in too much noise. A little gradual shading might actually help though, because that rice is almost one solid shade of white. Nothing strong, but if you made it slowly fade a tiny bit each time, it might look better. Since I can't view it personally in-game, I don't know how accurate my statement is. These are my own thoughts anyways. Sometimes a single color is better.

This is a little nitpicky but I noticed the front of the shrimp hangs off a little whereas the rest of it is even with the rice. Makes it seem a little bulky at the front. It just caught my eye, that's all.

The tail. The actual fins on a shrimp are a lot longer than that. However, I can understand the issue if you were to accurately make it three to four times as long, that would be way too big for the limits of the mount size.

The stripes. You look at it and immediately think: Yeah, that's shrimp sushi. It's solid, it's striking, it's simple, and it's straight-forward. You've captured the essence of the shrimp pattern in your own fashion. Although it reminds me of your Red Panda mount recently. I had an issue with the tail rings which were similar in nature. I now know why. It's a hard transition instead of a smooth gradual shading.

I'm just spouting nonsense here but recently I checked the shading guidelines that I know of and the example showed that hard transitions weren't allowed, except in places where it was small like the hilt of a sword. Now, I don't quite think the entire back of your mount counts as something small, but I also don't know what can or can't be accepted by Trove. I figured I'd look at your costume that just got into the game, the one you're even using for the screenshots. Does this use hard transitions? The answer I think would be no. Your costume uses solid colors accented by another color. The two shades of green are far enough to be two different colors, whereas the orange of the shrimp is suppose to be one shifting shade of orange.

I looked up the first few images that show up if you Google shrimp sushi and the color patterns of a shrimp are. Well. Very detailed. There are thousands of little dots of orange all over it, clustered up and darker in some areas, all layered on top of these plate sections. As I said before, you slimmed it down. The guideline does say to break down organic elements into more abstract colors and shapes. I just think the stripes shift too hard. If they were say 3 blocks apart, you could have a it fade down two colors and then go back up. That's just the first solution that comes to my mind, since trying to shade with only 2 spaces inbetween wouldn't leave much room.

All in all, you always make fine work. I just seem to be writing more and more as you come out with new mods. Maybe you're teaching me to be a more detailed critic! Maybe I'm getting out of control and don't know a thing about what I'm saying! Maybe my brain is the fried sushi here. Hehehe.

I was a Sushi Chef for many years. Must have this MOUNT. #HYPEEEEEEEEEE
    ----- Mastery ----
    Rank 200 (232)
    Refer-A-Friend Code YYETXW96TF9979ZDP7ED
    Check out my idea for a Titan Boss in trove and post feedback!
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...a-Strikes-Back!

jaja i love the sushi and this mount! <3

IGN: KtlavskoX | Mastery: 265

Referral Code
    JPFTYDCMWGF7ZXNEHF99

3124 S'mores Lane, Chocolate Falls, Candoria 11389
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylvea View Post
    I am disappointed! This sushi doesn't look fried at all! Did you even bread it first before deep frying? Ten points off your final grade, see me after Home Economics class.

Fake teacher jokes aside, you finally got the mount rig you've been dying to have, I'm sure! I don't have an automopillar license, so I can't drive around on the Jade Larvorghini. Since I can't really check this out in-game yet, and I can't view it how I want to, I'll try to limit my nitpicking.

For starters, good job as always. A nice seaweed wrap for a saddle. Which I suddenly realize is really out of place for this type of sushi, huh? But it's the best way to use the theme of sushi to incorporate a seat on the mount, so that's fine. My first concern is: How does Trove accept the speck dotting of colors in the guidelines? I saw a different mod say there was too much "noise" from the speckling. However, that was all over the entire thing, and this is only the seaweed itself in that one section, so maybe that's a bit acceptable. I'm not sure.

I personally figured speckling the rice would have made it more realistic, but that definitely might have resulted in too much noise. A little gradual shading might actually help though, because that rice is almost one solid shade of white. Nothing strong, but if you made it slowly fade a tiny bit each time, it might look better. Since I can't view it personally in-game, I don't know how accurate my statement is. These are my own thoughts anyways. Sometimes a single color is better.

This is a little nitpicky but I noticed the front of the shrimp hangs off a little whereas the rest of it is even with the rice. Makes it seem a little bulky at the front. It just caught my eye, that's all.

The tail. The actual fins on a shrimp are a lot longer than that. However, I can understand the issue if you were to accurately make it three to four times as long, that would be way too big for the limits of the mount size.

The stripes. You look at it and immediately think: Yeah, that's shrimp sushi. It's solid, it's striking, it's simple, and it's straight-forward. You've captured the essence of the shrimp pattern in your own fashion. Although it reminds me of your Red Panda mount recently. I had an issue with the tail rings which were similar in nature. I now know why. It's a hard transition instead of a smooth gradual shading.

I'm just spouting nonsense here but recently I checked the shading guidelines that I know of and the example showed that hard transitions weren't allowed, except in places where it was small like the hilt of a sword. Now, I don't quite think the entire back of your mount counts as something small, but I also don't know what can or can't be accepted by Trove. I figured I'd look at your costume that just got into the game, the one you're even using for the screenshots. Does this use hard transitions? The answer I think would be no. Your costume uses solid colors accented by another color. The two shades of green are far enough to be two different colors, whereas the orange of the shrimp is suppose to be one shifting shade of orange.

I looked up the first few images that show up if you Google shrimp sushi and the color patterns of a shrimp are. Well. Very detailed. There are thousands of little dots of orange all over it, clustered up and darker in some areas, all layered on top of these plate sections. As I said before, you slimmed it down. The guideline does say to break down organic elements into more abstract colors and shapes. I just think the stripes shift too hard. If they were say 3 blocks apart, you could have a it fade down two colors and then go back up. That's just the first solution that comes to my mind, since trying to shade with only 2 spaces inbetween wouldn't leave much room.

All in all, you always make fine work. I just seem to be writing more and more as you come out with new mods. Maybe you're teaching me to be a more detailed critic! Maybe I'm getting out of control and don't know a thing about what I'm saying! Maybe my brain is the fried sushi here. Hehehe.
    WALL OF TEXT! Haha I did read it all and you do have good points, as usual. I did add a tiny bit of shading on the rice but it might not be super apparent. I can change that up later on. Also, the seaweed actually is not out of place. I used a reference picture when I was making it. Turned out it made an awesome spot for a saddle. And seeing the picture, it may make other things you mentioned apparent.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast